Nicki Positano

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's really sad for Carlo and his blood family.
His wife however hadn't seen her FIL for a while because recently, while he was ill, she allowed her husband to go back to Positano alone because, rather like a child with a new toy, she didn't want to leave the Tuscany house. Selfish. Feel any remorse that she didn't take the opportunity to to see him while she could? Of course not. I bet she's fuming that she's had to stop playing move the furniture and support her husband instead.

I find it irritating that she does a piece to camera about how some things need to be kept private, launches into this diatribe about how she doesn't really want to address it. She could have simply put a message up saying his father had passed away. She explains it like we're all stupid and can't understand the gravity of the situation when really she's just projecting.
I think Nicki is firmly into the headspace that many 'influencers' seem to enter after a while of doing it full time - that this isn't just a job anymore, it's a lifestyle and they basically have no choice but to do it. It's not true, but it's a mental justification for their often unacceptable behaviour.

Now I absolutely believe we all deserve a certain amount of privacy, but like you said, it's this condescending attitude from her that is the problem. The truth is she could pick up a job in a supermarket and fade into absolute obscurity again. She could have permanent privacy. But like any job there are pros and cons, and the pros AND cons of vlogging are that you are making money off showcasing your life rather than working a set shift and leaving it after X amount of time. I don't understand why she thinks this is unfair. It is the nature of the job and if privacy means more to her than the no boss, no set working hours, ability to take holiday when you want, no office politics etc - then she needs to look for a new job.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Saw that IG post and am very sorry for Carlo. I hope he was able to get back before he died. I do think this will impact this Tuscany project with his mother now there alone...sure there are other family but Carlo will want to be there for her. This move was not the right one for them...just my opinion. Nicki seems so cold in the video...not a peep about what a good or kind man the father was. I think Carlo will spend most of his time in Positano and Nicki in Tuscany.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I thought her Instagram stories were spot on, tbh. There's plenty of things I criticise her on but that was well handled imo.

Reactions: 1
I have just watched the full insta that Nicki posted yesterday about her FIL's death. As @londongirl2001 pointed out: she has decided to "turn off comments" because they will be "overwhelming".

She earns a living from the fans that follow her. They subscribe to her youtube and insta channels, they tick the like box, they improve her youtube status each time they comment, they buy her books, they buy her soap, they buy into the whole Positano lifestyle that she has shown on her vlogs. She has told them about her family and encouraged them to feel part of her life by asking their opinions about various things.

Most of these fans know that they are not 'real' friends with her, they are just her meal ticket. But they are human too, and over time they genuinely begin to care about Nicki and her friends and family. Carlo in particular is loved, not least because he seems to understand that communicating with their fans through the comments section helps to build their popularity.

So now, when there has been a sad death which will affect Carlo profoundly, she decides to cut off the only way that the fans can use to show they care - she turns off their chance to extend their condolences ??? IMO this is cold and mean.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have just watched the full insta that Nicki posted yesterday about her FIL's death. As @londongirl2001 pointed out: she has decided to "turn off comments" because they will be "overwhelming".

She earns a living from the fans that follow her. They subscribe to her youtube and insta channels, they tick the like box, they improve her youtube status each time they comment, they buy her books, they buy her soap, they buy into the whole Positano lifestyle that she has shown on her vlogs. She has told them about her family and encouraged them to feel part of her life by asking their opinions about various things.

Most of these fans know that they are not 'real' friends with her, they are just her meal ticket. But they are human too, and over time they genuinely begin to care about Nicki and her friends and family. Carlo in particular is loved, not least because he seems to understand that communicating with their fans through the comments section helps to build their popularity.

So now, when there has been a sad death which will affect Carlo profoundly, she decides to cut off the only way that the fans can use to show they care - she turns off their chance to extend their condolences ??? IMO this is cold and mean.
You're 100% spot on. And being able to 'turn comments off' is a privilege most jobs do not have. Time off in general for bereavement isn't a legal right in the UK, so her ability to take as much time as she needs is one huge benefit of her work. She shows no appreciation of this; she acts like she is - if anything - more burdened right now than the average person going through bereavement.

I want to be clear that grieving is incredibly hard and it is a time we are often emotional and make mistakes, but just like you, I find her attitude cold and entitled and mean. She's said more than she needs to and it has shown great deals about her attitude towards her fans in general.

• Heart
"she acts like she is - if anything - more burdened right now than the average person going through bereavement." as didisay wrote above. They is exactly the tone the IG set..she seems sort of irritated at this intrusion to her life. Love time Nicki fan here so I don't like to say this but having found a spot where you can confirm you are not the only one thinking these things. Simply put the tone is off. And then the tease up for the video today...hope that comes off a bit more sincere and less like the viewers are creating problems for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Following my comment earlier on today, I was very pleased to see that, after refusing to let her fans send condolences on inst, Nicki has left the comments section open on her youtube vlog this evening. I am glad she had a change of heart........, or maybe Carlo insisted. I hope it will be a comfort to him to read how much his fans care about him.

• Heart
I am so very sad to hear about Carlo's papa dying. I am sure no one would use N&C's channel's comments section to say anything less than supportive at this time.

All I'm going to say here is to echo the comments made upthread, noting how disingenuous it was for Nicki to deliver an exasperated message, as if she's been forced to reveal this family news. It's naive of her to think that there wouldn't be questions about the change to their travel plans between their two residences when their activities at these two places are the subject of their output.

Why not just share the sad news, that Carlo's father had died and state that they'd be taking some time out. Surely nobody would seek any further explanation, or if anyone did, she could simply ignore it knowing that there'll always be some idiots to deal with when you have a public profile.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Oh wow, that is sad to hear about Carlo's dad. I thought he was on the mend after his surgery. I do hope he was able to get back in time.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Oh wow, that is sad to hear about Carlo's dad. I thought he was on the mend after his surgery. I do hope he was able to get back in time.
Per the video today they got the call after Carlo had returned to Tuscany. Of course we will not know what happen and cause of death but I feel sad that Carlo was not there but I am sure he values the time together when he went back. Nicki did have some nice clips of him from past videos...looked like a guy who enjoyed life and his family.

• Heart
Geezuz. Did she really have to clickbait the title?
Why did we have to hear so much of her narration? Only Carlo's words, and a beautiful video of his dad with music would have been much more appropriate. Or ya know...not make a public video at all because why on earth is death and grief being monetized? I don't think she gives much of a flying feck about Carlo's family and would happily stay away forever if she had her way.

As per usual she uses up the rest of the video to complain. :rolleyes:

• Wow
  • Heart
Why did we have to hear so much of her narration? Only Carlo's words, and a beautiful video of his dad with music would have been much more appropriate. Or ya know...not make a public video at all because why on earth is death and grief being monetized? I don't think she gives much of a flying feck about Carlo's family and would happily stay away forever if she had her way.

not much content lately..seems like these videos are at least 2 weeks prerecorded. I will say in yesterday's video Nicki seemed happy to be back in Positano and in a direct way did convey lots of complaints about Tuscany. So far it seems to be not the experience she was hoping for.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

About what?? What could this woman possibly have to complain about? I know, she finds many things 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
About what?? What could this woman possibly have to complain about? I know, she finds many things 😂
life in Tuscany so far is nothing but work and apart from Celine not much social life...it is as she said 'GRAY" and they return to Positano where the flowers out out and sky is blue.

I found it really quite shocking actually. Lots of Nicki moaning about painting, it being an inconvenience coming back to Positano because she's having the new kitchen delivered to Tuscany soon, etc. I know we all process grief in different ways but she seemed exactly as she normally is without a care in the world for her grieving husband.

• Wow
  • Heart
I wonder if we'll get the "well now Carlo knows what it's like to lose a parent" from his loving supportive wife? Just the same as we got the "well now he knows what it's like to have an elderly parent far away" speech.
She's already planning to go back and the man isn't even buried yet. Have a day off Nicky. Think of someone else other than yourself for a change.
I really do think she's got some sort of disorder , maybe some sort of autism, where you lack empathy and have no idea how to act appropriately. Or maybe she's just a selfish cow.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I wonder if we'll get the "well now Carlo knows what it's like to lose a parent" from his loving supportive wife? Just the same as we got the "well now he knows what it's like to have an elderly parent far away" speech.
She's already planning to go back and the man isn't even buried yet. Have a day off Nicky. Think of someone else other than yourself for a change.
I really do think she's got some sort of disorder , maybe some sort of autism, where you lack empathy and have no idea how to act appropriately. Or maybe she's just a selfish cow.
I'm glad you said this, I was trying to rack my brains over how on earth she could be so insensitive and I really think perhaps it might be autism.

She's spoiled, selfish, and manipulative. I have two siblings just like it. They don't have autism. They're just self obsessed arseholes. The people I know with autism are able to convey kindness and compassion. She's just absorbed with herself.

• Heart
She's spoiled, selfish, and manipulative. I have two siblings just like it. They don't have autism. They're just self obsessed arseholes. The people I know with autism are able to convey kindness and compassion. She's just absorbed with herself.
I went back and watched some past videos and interviews she did during covid...when speaking of how she came to live in Positano and was speaking of Skye...she had little to say about her other than "at boarding school". She is very cold

• Sad
I used to watched her during pandemic and her videos were truly a relaxing escape from reality. I am not surprised that Nicki Positano has a Tattle thread 🤣🤣. She turned into an annoying-bitter-getting older Brit woman.

I re-watched her old videos and found this:

which explains how she views Positano all her life and it doesn't change. - imagine she's been living there for so long and she hates it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4