Nicki Positano

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found this thread, directed here after after talk of Nicki on another thread.

I used to really enjoy her videos but since Carlo has retired their content has taken on a different feel. I also think she was influenced to ramp up the Patreon grift by that American Viscountess woman whose stately home she visited in the UK, who has no shame in asking for money. I will re-post my comment (edited for spelling)about Nicki from the other thread here:

I like Nicki but I'm not wild about the recent house-hunting in Tuscany vlogs. To me it seems as if she and Carlo are rudely wasting people's time; they keep saying they're looking around for somewhere to run a B&B for the time in life when they can't manage the steps in Positano any more, so not any time soon unless Carlo's knees are crumbling as we speak. They've shown a lot of scabby places at a wide variety of price points, all of which they dismiss as needing too much work. Any purchase is to be funded by the sale of a flat in London that Nicki inherited, she has previously said the rental income on this paid for her daughter's private education at a boarding school in the UK. Meanwhile she seeks Patreon support, not sure what she offers as a bonus to patrons, maybe a meet-greet-and-gelato on the pier when the stans inevitably show up.

The trips to Tuscany and talk of a move could be just for content, plus a way to write off a trip to see her friend Celine - presumably as a monetised venture she treats the vlogging as another aspect of her self-employment.

---
Thanks for the like @Sabbie

Now that I've found you guys I wonder if anyone can shed light on some things I've been wondering about. I recall that Nicki and Carlo aren't married and I got the impression she's very annoyed about that.

Was Carlo actually married to the mother of his son (the pastry chef whose name I forget)? I think his son's mother lived at the house with Carlo so it seems as it was she who moved out of his family's property when they split. Maybe Carlo was required to finance alternative accommodation for his ex and son, so perhaps if they divorced (if they were ever married) he might have to pay her off. Perhaps I got it wrong and Nicki is happy not to be married to him, in order to ringfence her assets, the least of which we know to be the London flat that she is now looking to sell.

One thing I will say about Nicki, she's not stupid, she's very good at playing the amateur, the grift is very subtle.

I think she'd go back to the UK - sorry "England" as she always specifies - in a flash if she and Carlo broke up. She'd be out of the Postiano house and I can't see her running a remote Tuscan property as a B&B without Carlo's many handy skills. I can't see him ever moving to the UK with her, I think he'd hate it, a fish out of water, he seems very unimpressed with the beaches and I can't imagine him getting into village life or being a pub goer for example.
Yeah I think they’ve said before that Carlo doesn’t want to move to England and that in Italy, Tuscany is the only area he sees himself relocating to.
I don’t know about the marital situation with his son‘s mother, but it’s interesting that Nicki and Carlo never got married.

As for her daughter’s schooling: I think years ago Nicki mentioned that her father paid her boarding school fees?

Reactions: 2
Yeah I think they’ve said before that Carlo doesn’t want to move to England and that in Italy, Tuscany is the only area he sees himself relocating to.
I don’t know about the marital situation with his son‘s mother, but it’s interesting that Nicki and Carlo never got married.

As for her daughter’s schooling: I think years ago Nicki mentioned that her father paid her boarding school fees?
I never remember her talking about the schooling issue but I had always assumed her parents had paid it, it's a pretty British thing to happen.

True about the visa thing, I hadn't even thought about that but it would be much easier if they were married

Reactions: 3
She definitely said her daughter's UK boarding school was paid for from the income rental of a flat she'd inherited. It was on a vlog quite a while ago when I'd not seen a lot of her output, I remember wondering why anyone would share that level of detail about their financial arrangements, especially regarding a child. I remember thinking it was throwing shade at the daughter's father, as if to make clear she alone was covering the cost of the schooling.

Reactions: 7
Just found this thread, directed here after after talk of Nicki on another thread.

I used to really enjoy her videos but since Carlo has retired their content has taken on a different feel. I also think she was influenced to ramp up the Patreon grift by that American Viscountess woman whose stately home she visited in the UK, who has no shame in asking for money. I will re-post my comment (edited for spelling)about Nicki from the other thread here:

I like Nicki but I'm not wild about the recent house-hunting in Tuscany vlogs. To me it seems as if she and Carlo are rudely wasting people's time; they keep saying they're looking around for somewhere to run a B&B for the time in life when they can't manage the steps in Positano any more, so not any time soon unless Carlo's knees are crumbling as we speak. They've shown a lot of scabby places at a wide variety of price points, all of which they dismiss as needing too much work. Any purchase is to be funded by the sale of a flat in London that Nicki inherited, she has previously said the rental income on this paid for her daughter's private education at a boarding school in the UK. Meanwhile she seeks Patreon support, not sure what she offers as a bonus to patrons, maybe a meet-greet-and-gelato on the pier when the stans inevitably show up.

The trips to Tuscany and talk of a move could be just for content, plus a way to write off a trip to see her friend Celine - presumably as a monetised venture she treats the vlogging as another aspect of her self-employment.

---
Thanks for the like @Sabbie

Now that I've found you guys I wonder if anyone can shed light on some things I've been wondering about. I recall that Nicki and Carlo aren't married and I got the impression she's very annoyed about that.

Was Carlo actually married to the mother of his son (the pastry chef whose name I forget)? I think his son's mother lived at the house with Carlo so it seems as it was she who moved out of his family's property when they split. Maybe Carlo was required to finance alternative accommodation for his ex and son, so perhaps if they divorced (if they were ever married) he might have to pay her off. Perhaps I got it wrong and Nicki is happy not to be married to him, in order to ringfence her assets, the least of which we know to be the London flat that she is now looking to sell.

One thing I will say about Nicki, she's not stupid, she's very good at playing the amateur, the grift is very subtle.

I think she'd go back to the UK - sorry "England" as she always specifies - in a flash if she and Carlo broke up. She'd be out of the Postiano house and I can't see her running a remote Tuscan property as a B&B without Carlo's many handy skills. I can't see him ever moving to the UK with her, I think he'd hate it, a fish out of water, he seems very unimpressed with the beaches and I can't imagine him getting into village life or being a pub goer for example.
Carlos’s son is called Thomas. He was married to his mother. Not sure if he is divorced or what. But I do remember Nicki being a right sulkie Sue after she had to go to a government office about her being allowed to stay in Italy aFree Brexit and the person was quite nasty to her. She was ragging, bit Carlos’s face off and said if they were married it would or be easier. She was very angry 😤

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think her hair is naturally quite thick, I noticed it in video one time when she was cutting her own hair. I think she gets Botox, the distance between her eyebrows varies.
Definitely botox, her hair does look different though

Reactions: 2
The house hunting is clearly just for content and they have no intention of buying anything for years - what a waste of the estate agents' time.

Reactions: 6
Was yesterday's vlog a Tattle press conference? She flagged the extra content enjoyed by patrons, with Patreon mentioned twice. Apparently they get access to vlogs and pictures which she posts on her Patreon page, pictures of her early days in Italy and such.

I have no problem with people earning from their work but find it disingenous when vloggers act as if it's a hobby that they are sharing from the goodness of their heart, but they just need a little help with costs. Why not be straight up? For example use the weekly vlog as a trailer for a full length episode which they state clearly is available to subscribers. But that goes against the parasocial business model.

Vloggers are always saying how time consuming it is, often lamenting that they need to take a break from it but the nasty algorithms won't let them. Well, news for them - no one is forcing you. If it was a hobby that was too demanding they'd stop however it's a business, a fact no one will admit.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was very uncomfortable with yesterday's vlog which I found disrespectful and exploitative. Nicky and Carlo explained they would show footage they'd filmed a couple of years ago but never published at the time.

They'd gone on a hike and came across an eccentric 79 year old man who had a set up near a beach where he spent time and grew vegetables. He then invited them to his home, they all walked back up to the road and Carlo and Nicky gave him a lift home. He lives in a very cluttered property but it seemed to be organised with creativity and care yet Nicky laughingly dismissed him as a hoarder. He was aware he was being filmed but I wonder if he expressly agreed to be broadcast worldwide.

At the end if the vlog, back in the current time, she said she doesn't know what happened to him which I found so rude and cruel. What if he has since passed away? Surely - as they are such fixtures in the area - they could have made some enquiries to find out that he is well or whatever.

I also wonder why they never showed that footage at the time. I really wish some one would call them out on this in the YouTube comments.

I was finding them annoying and disingenous, I have now seen them for the typical aything-for-content grabbers like so many others.
---
ETA
I forgot to say she also used the man for a clickbait title, referring to his "scariest house".

I can't believe she would even say this after being kindly invited to someone's home. The level of arrogance and judgment is off the chart. Meanwhile Patrons are sending them money for this and she'll be earning YouTube ad revenue if the back of this gent.
---
ETA
I forgot to say she also used the man for a clickbait title, referring to his "scariest house".

I can't believe she would even say this after being kindly invited to someone's home. The level of arrogance and judgment is off the chart.

Meanwhile Patrons are sending them money for this and she'll be earning YouTube ad revenue off the back of this gent.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I haven’t watched it yet, but she has never bothered to check on this poor man since? What the hell? I am shocked Carlo hasn’t bothered either.

Nicki has openly made fun of her dad who is intelligent and engaging, so I am not surprised she does not give a flying fig about another elder. I bet she has a few choice observations about Carlo’s family too.

She strikes me as a very bitter and resentful person. Hence the ugly entitlement that seems to rear its ugly head in almost every blog these days. I used to like Carlo and feel a bit sorry for him, but since he gave up his day job he’s turning into an arrogant hole too.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Even worse to note, the vlog is subtitled "Things get weird".

What, one might ask, is actually "weird" about an eccentric creative older person living his life as he wishes? She also laughs about his deafness.

The more I think about this the angrier I get. Some of her commenters have pointed out that the man ( called Pepe btw) is creative and organised, but none has pointed out that he was treated as some sort of freak or ogre by this uncaring coverage.
---
ETA
@Sabbie I will look forward to hearing how you find the vlog.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Even worse to note, the vlog is subtitled "Things get weird".

What, one might ask, is actually "weird" about an eccentric creative older person living his life as he wishes? She also laughs about his deafness.

The more I think about this the angrier I get. Some of her commenters have pointed out that the man ( called Pepe btw) is creative and organised, but none has pointed out that he was treated as some sort of freak or ogre by this uncaring coverage.
---
ETA
@Sabbie I will look forward to hearing how you find the vlog.
Yeah I saw those comments too, good for them to point that out. I haven't watched the vlog yet but I wanted to see if people said something about the title and stuff. We all know how Nicki deals with criticism though: "there are more important things to get angry about".

Reactions: 7
Yeah I saw those comments too, good for them to point that out. I haven't watched the vlog yet but I wanted to see if people said something about the title and stuff. We all know how Nicki deals with criticism though: "there are more important things to get angry about".
I hatebwhen people say things like this, it is just lazy the equivalent of "it could be worse"

Nicki is now trying to cover her arse by giving 💕 to the many comments about Pepe's creativity and thoughtful collections. At least one comment calling them out remains
20230501_211421.jpg

---
ETA Just found another worth saving before deletion
20230501_214157.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
More comments about the way Pepe was portrayed by Nicki and Carlo.

So tone-deaf and arrogant to think it's acceptable to post a vlog mocking and insulting a trusting subject, and using sensationalist terms (creepy, scary, weird) as sleazy clickbait.

20230505_075503.jpg

20230505_075527.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I watched the vlog. Definitely not a hoarder. What an interesting man! The smirk on her face throughout the whole thing was insufferable.

• Heart
Their content is going down the hill, whose idea was this?
I don't understand how (for most youtubers) when it becomes a full time job and they have little else to do, somehow their content gets worse?

Reactions: 9