Nicki Positano

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hehe, I don't dislike her and still enjoy most of the videos, but yeah, sometimes I just roll my eyes at her narration (because she sounds like she's in love with her own writing and voice) and end the video.
The video I found really unnecessary was the one that included what she called a "skit" making fun of tourists. We all know she hates them, so her saying it wasn't meant to mock them was laughable.

I'm with her on the steps, I could never do that. They must be in amazing shape, and I get that the view truly is lovely. But buying a house up all those steps was an interesting choice in the first place. And now they're growing older they understandably want to get away. Did their daughter move out? I know she went to boarding school in the UK until Covid hit, but must have graduated two yers ago? Have they mentioned what she's doing?

Reactions: 5
Hehe, I don't dislike her and still enjoy most of the videos, but yeah, sometimes I just roll my eyes at her narration (because she sounds like she's in love with her own writing and voice) and end the video.
The video I found really unnecessary was the one that included what she called a "skit" making fun of tourists. We all know she hates them, so her saying it wasn't meant to mock them was laughable.

I'm with her on the steps, I could never do that. They must be in amazing shape, and I get that the view truly is lovely. But buying a house up all those steps was an interesting choice in the first place. And now they're growing older they understandably want to get away. Did their daughter move out? I know she went to boarding school in the UK until Covid hit, but must have graduated two yers ago? Have they mentioned what she's doing?
They didn't buy the house it has been in Carlos family for ages hasn't it?
I wonder what they will do, for carlo I imagine it would be strange to move to a completely different area having lived in positano all his life but I guess unless they find somewhere without so many steps it isn't possible to stay

Reactions: 4
Oh yeah, I forgot that the house and grounds belong to the family.
Carlo did say at one point that the only area he could see himself move to is Tuscany so it makes sense if they keep looking there.

Reactions: 3
I have to mute when the narration starts. It's like a dull children's book. Why doesn't she just talk normally?!

Re the tourists thing, I grew up in a very touristy place. We all take the piss out of tourists (way worse than she did) but that doesn't mean we hate them. We still own B&Bs, hotels, restaurants that depend on them and they're often lovely as individuals. It's just the mass of them and the silly ways they behave that you can't help laughing at.

This house hunting is just the start of more begging. She'll be fundraising for a house purchase and those melts who donate won't even realize they will be bankrolling her pension. It's clear Carlo would be happy staying where he is until he snuffs it like his parents are doing.

Reactions: 6
This house hunting is just the start of more begging. She'll be fundraising for a house purchase and those melts who donate won't even realize they will be bankrolling her pension. It's clear Carlo would be happy staying where he is until he snuffs it like his parents are doing.
I understand them having to move out of their current house as they'd end up housebound in their old age with the stairs. But I bet they'll just buy a more accessible house or flat nearby as their permanent next home. I can't see them moving away properly when their family and friends are all there. The house they're looking for now is just a second home/holiday place.

I got all that from their video. 😆 Carlo's parents are living with endless steps too and clearly don't have a problem with it which is why I said Carlo would probably be just as happy doing the same in his old age. I doubt they will still be together by that time anyway. 🤷‍♀️ The house they are looking for is to be bankrolled by their followers, I suspect. She even mentioned the idea as a throwaway comment just to get the minions to jump on it. 🙄

I got all that from their video. 😆 Carlo's parents are living with endless steps too and clearly don't have a problem with it which is why I said Carlo would probably be just as happy doing the same in his old age. I doubt they will still be together by that time anyway. 🤷‍♀️ The house they are looking for is to be bankrolled by their followers, I suspect. She even mentioned the idea as a throwaway comment just to get the minions to jump on it. 🙄
I'm very intrigued by her financial situation, she must be earning good money if her daughter was at boarding school (unless maybe her parents are paying) but either way with a rented out property in london(or was it Surrey?)she will be earning a lot for doing very little

Reactions: 3
They live much closer to the beach and everything and it's been years, according to Nicki, since they were able to go up the stairs to her and Carlo's house. I don't think they leave the house much anyway, since their sons seem to bring them produce and shopping.

Anyway, I'm watching today's video and I wonder again why their friend Elisabeth has no problem having her daughters featured that much in them. Nicki has mentioned before that people have contacted Elisabeth about Nicki and Carlo and as a viewer you know when and where she works in Positano. I'd be super careful. And now Carlo filmed one of the girl's bike safety lessons and she holds up her little license to the camera with her full name and everything visible. Elisabeth sits right next to her and doesnt object. No blurring, nothing. They put in the subtitles and voice-overs, so if they wanted they could have edited that too.

They live much closer to the beach and everything and it's been years, according to Nicki, since they were able to go up the stairs to her and Carlo's house. I don't think they leave the house much anyway, since their sons seem to bring them produce and shopping.

Anyway, I'm watching today's video and I wonder again why their friend Elisabeth has no problem having her daughters featured that much in them. Nicki has mentioned before that people have contacted Elisabeth about Nicki and Carlo and as a viewer you know when and where she works in Positano. I'd be super careful. And now Carlo filmed one of the girl's bike safety lessons and she holds up her little license to the camera with her full name and everything visible. Elisabeth sits right next to her and doesnt object. No blurring, nothing. They put in the subtitles and voice-overs, so if they wanted they could have edited that too.
I am just watching this and found jt weird too, filming what is basically a whole school class of children doing an education session is odd, I get them filming to promote their boat business etc.but this was so random

Reactions: 7
I'm always shocked by how much of children they show and the cycling proficiency class was the worst yet. I highly doubt that girl's parents gave filming consent; under GDPR they should be asking for that video to be removed ASAP. Atrocious behaviour and a complete lack of regard for safeguarding.

I got all that from their video. 😆 Carlo's parents are living with endless steps too and clearly don't have a problem with it which is why I said Carlo would probably be just as happy doing the same in his old age.
His parents hardly have any steps. They're right at the bottom of Positano - if you know the town, their apartment is one of the buildings next to the grocer's.

His parents hardly have any steps. They're right at the bottom of Positano - if you know the town, their apartment is one of the buildings next to the grocer's.
I took it from this interview from two years ago:
"It’s hard for them depending on where they live in town. For instance, my father in law is really housebound now. He can’t really handle the 300 steps from his house to the road and unfortunately, is stuck at home. It is very limiting when you get older depending on how fit and healthy you are. It’s just the way it is here and these people haven’t known any other way of living, so it’s perfectly normal for them. "

When I said they don't have a problem with it, I didn't mean they use the steps. They just live with being where they are, and Carlo would probably happily live that like too. It's their way of life and they deal with it. This is the view from his parents' balcony. They are still very much isolated and have to deal with endless steps if they want to go anywhere.
Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 16-58-12 SUMMER DAYS ON THE ITALIAN COAST Beach Life and a Loo With a...png

For someone who has lived overseas, she sure does have some ingrained ignorance. Not every country in the world categorizes their areas the same as the UK. I’ve lived in two tiny cities in the US. No cathedral, Nicki. 🙄🤣

• Haha
In her latest vlog glaring at the camera jn annoyance about waiting in the chemist annoyed me. Hardly like they are in a huge rush to do anything

• Haha
I still don’t quite understand the point of their house hunting. She said in the latest Tuscany video that they’re not leaving Positano yet, only once they’re too old to climb the steps. And then they want to run a B&B on the new property. Now, Nicki is in her 40s (or so she claims) and Carlo maybe in his late 50s? I think they can manage the steps for some more years, so why look at specific houses now? Also, if you’re too old for the steps, then surely looking after the kind of property they seem to want AND running a B&B is quite a lot of work too?
She briefly showed a house that she called their absolute dream house and then didn’t show anything of the inside at all. Only thing she said was that it wasn’t in their dream area. So maybe they’re closer to leaving Positano than she admits and they’ve set their eyes on a certain house already. I guess buying a house doesn’t necessarily mean they have to move into it immediately, especially since most houses they looked at required quite a lot of work.

Just found this thread, directed here after after talk of Nicki on another thread.

I used to really enjoy her videos but since Carlo has retired their content has taken on a different feel. I also think she was influenced to ramp up the Patreon grift by that American Viscountess woman whose stately home she visited in the UK, who has no shame in asking for money. I will re-post my comment (edited for spelling)about Nicki from the other thread here:

I like Nicki but I'm not wild about the recent house-hunting in Tuscany vlogs. To me it seems as if she and Carlo are rudely wasting people's time; they keep saying they're looking around for somewhere to run a B&B for the time in life when they can't manage the steps in Positano any more, so not any time soon unless Carlo's knees are crumbling as we speak. They've shown a lot of scabby places at a wide variety of price points, all of which they dismiss as needing too much work. Any purchase is to be funded by the sale of a flat in London that Nicki inherited, she has previously said the rental income on this paid for her daughter's private education at a boarding school in the UK. Meanwhile she seeks Patreon support, not sure what she offers as a bonus to patrons, maybe a meet-greet-and-gelato on the pier when the stans inevitably show up.

The trips to Tuscany and talk of a move could be just for content, plus a way to write off a trip to see her friend Celine - presumably as a monetised venture she treats the vlogging as another aspect of her self-employment.

---
Thanks for the like @Sabbie

Now that I've found you guys I wonder if anyone can shed light on some things I've been wondering about. I recall that Nicki and Carlo aren't married and I got the impression she's very annoyed about that.

Was Carlo actually married to the mother of his son (the pastry chef whose name I forget)? I think his son's mother lived at the house with Carlo so it seems as it was she who moved out of his family's property when they split. Maybe Carlo was required to finance alternative accommodation for his ex and son, so perhaps if they divorced (if they were ever married) he might have to pay her off. Perhaps I got it wrong and Nicki is happy not to be married to him, in order to ringfence her assets, the least of which we know to be the London flat that she is now looking to sell.

One thing I will say about Nicki, she's not stupid, she's very good at playing the amateur, the grift is very subtle.

I think she'd go back to the UK - sorry "England" as she always specifies - in a flash if she and Carlo broke up. She'd be out of the Postiano house and I can't see her running a remote Tuscan property as a B&B without Carlo's many handy skills. I can't see him ever moving to the UK with her, I think he'd hate it, a fish out of water, he seems very unimpressed with the beaches and I can't imagine him getting into village life or being a pub goer for example.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
:oops: Oops, sorry - my second post was too soon after the first and they merged into one

Sorry @Sabbie and @emm if your "like" doesn't apply to the added bit.

Reactions: 2
Just found this thread, directed here after after talk of Nicki on another thread.

I used to really enjoy her videos but since Carlo has retired their content has taken on a different feel. I also think she was influenced to ramp up the Patreon grift by that American Viscountess woman whose stately home she visited in the UK, who has no shame in asking for money. I will re-post my comment (edited for spelling)about Nicki from the other thread here:

I like Nicki but I'm not wild about the recent house-hunting in Tuscany vlogs. To me it seems as if she and Carlo are rudely wasting people's time; they keep saying they're looking around for somewhere to run a B&B for the time in life when they can't manage the steps in Positano any more, so not any time soon unless Carlo's knees are crumbling as we speak. They've shown a lot of scabby places at a wide variety of price points, all of which they dismiss as needing too much work. Any purchase is to be funded by the sale of a flat in London that Nicki inherited, she has previously said the rental income on this paid for her daughter's private education at a boarding school in the UK. Meanwhile she seeks Patreon support, not sure what she offers as a bonus to patrons, maybe a meet-greet-and-gelato on the pier when the stans inevitably show up.

The trips to Tuscany and talk of a move could be just for content, plus a way to write off a trip to see her friend Celine - presumably as a monetised venture she treats the vlogging as another aspect of her self-employment.

---
Thanks for the like @Sabbie

Now that I've found you guys I wonder if anyone can shed light on some things I've been wondering about. I recall that Nicki and Carlo aren't married and I got the impression she's very annoyed about that.

Was Carlo actually married to the mother of his son (the pastry chef whose name I forget)? I think his son's mother lived at the house with Carlo so it seems as it was she who moved out of his family's property when they split. Maybe Carlo was required to finance alternative accommodation for his ex and son, so perhaps if they divorced (if they were ever married) he might have to pay her off. Perhaps I got it wrong and Nicki is happy not to be married to him, in order to ringfence her assets, the least of which we know to be the London flat that she is now looking to sell.

One thing I will say about Nicki, she's not stupid, she's very good at playing the amateur, the grift is very subtle.

I think she'd go back to the UK - sorry "England" as she always specifies - in a flash if she and Carlo broke up. She'd be out of the Postiano house and I can't see her running a remote Tuscan property as a B&B without Carlo's many handy skills. I can't see him ever moving to the UK with her, I think he'd hate it, a fish out of water, he seems very unimpressed with the beaches and I can't imagine him getting into village life or being a pub goer for example.
Interesting I had never thought about that, until quite a while of watching them j had never realised he had another son, I assumed it was just a family friend or something. I cannot imagine carlo even leaving positano tbh, imagine, not just you, but AlL of your family living in one place for generations then you leaving? Not to mention that going from south to north Italy is a huge change. No chance.he would move to the UK. What gives you the impression she is annoyed they aren't married? Wild speculation but maybe he has never divorced his ex?

I remember a vlog - when they did Q&As during Covid times I think- when she mentioned them not being married, her expression and demeanour seemed as if she was not happy about it, she did not expand upon the topic. I seem to remember getting the same vibes when she was having some issues at some goverment office with a jobsworth person there, the gist being it would be easier if they were married.

I just checked with my OH and he said he thought she is unhappy about not being married but he too is unable to pinpoint why we got that impression. He also has the feeling Carlo is still married to his son's mother.

I think one of Carlo's siblings lives abroad, Belgium or Holland perhaps. Again this is what I believe, perhaps it was mentioned only once or twice.