Niamh Debrun #3 Steps and more steps, water and the gym but marrying a hurler is her biggest win

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The shame around having PND is still very much a thing. Seeing new mothers with immaculate lives on insta ,makes us feel like we are just not coping like we "should".

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I feel bad for her tbh. I’ve heard of mothers saying that they love their children to no end but hate being a mother. She never struck me as the most maternal woman ever so I’m not surprised she’s struggling with motherhood

Reactions: 8
The shame around having PND is still very much a thing. Seeing new mothers with immaculate lives on insta ,makes us feel like we are just not coping like we "should".
Sorry but is that not what Niamh has done?

We all have a bit of PND in my opinion, its still taboo to a certain extent but posting pictures of yourself 19 days postpartum all dolled up and borderline gloating with a pretense of a perfect life won't help?

We have all said we'd have more respect for her if she was just honest, talk about the days when you can't manage to brush your hair, show the mess in the kitchen, the takeaway boxes cause you can find the time to cook, the 4 cups of tea you made but never got to drink, the baskets of washing that just pile up, if you've been there you know. For me having someone relate to what I was going though made all the difference, didn't change it but made me realise what was normal.

Don't come out 5 months later and be like....oh I didn't think this was going to be hard....you can't put her back in!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sorry but is that not what Niamh has done?

We all have a bit of PND in my opinion, its still taboo to a certain extent but posting pictures of yourself 19 days postpartum all dolled up and borderline gloating with a pretense of a perfect life won't help?

We have all said we'd have more respect for her if she was just honest, talk about the days when you can't manage to brush your hair, show the mess in the kitchen, the takeaway boxes cause you can find the time to cook, the 4 cups of tea you made but never got to drink, the baskets of washing that just pile up, if you've been there you know. For me having someone relate to what I was going though made all the difference, didn't change it but made me realise what was normal.

Don't come out 5 months later and be like....oh I didn't think this was going to be hard....you can't put her back in!!
This is exactly what I meant !!! It certainly made me feel pretty sh*t with her out enjoying herself , dolled up to the 9's. I've been to hell and back.. twice. Seeing her constantly getting her make up done and hair extensions, while I struggled to get the big ball of matts out of my hair . Out doing the food shop and not being able to think straight of what I needed. It's a rollercoaster. I wish it was spoken more of.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
She’s reassured after receiving all the DMs…. Her messages were off?!!!!! Who was DMing her??

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Off in the local five star hotel this evening. Maybe stay at home once in a while and the baby might be more settled and in a routine

• Heart
Reactions: 15
View attachment 2059539
saying everything but I hate it. I know it’s hard being a mam. I’d say there could be some ppd too.
But also saying that she’d rather get the steps and gym in over having a routine for Harper says a lot, babies routine should be first and you fit your life in around baby. Also life is easier when they have a routine lol
She barely worked the last few, years also, so not sure why that was thrown in
---
I think the problem with Niamh is that she sets herself time frames for literally every aspect of her life. She wanted to be married before she turned 30 ( Covid but the koybosh on that). She probably had set a deadline for when she wanted to have her first baby too hence why she fell pregnant very soon after getting married. Everything is a tick the box. She never seems to pause and assess what she really wants out of life. She never seems to be her authentic self. It’s pretty sad. I have no doubt she has PND.
I would say she probably has no idea who her authentic self is tbh. She's so busy keeping up appearances for herself (because no one Ive encountered would aspire to this) that she probably doesn't take a minute to think about the good things she has around her.
It's incredibly sad, and I do hope if she has pnd that she allows herself to receive the help for it

Reactions: 5
Pull the other one you absolute head! For someone finding it so tough yesterday but since just last night has been out in Lyrath and managed two gym trips today. She just loves the attention and can't pick which lane she wants to be in, relatable mom content or trying to get others jealous of her and showing off

Reactions: 21
Molly Mae did a video then Niamh posted her “feeling” at least Molly Mae is only 22 so probably naive

Reactions: 10
Pull the other one you absolute head! For someone finding it so tough yesterday but since just last night has been out in Lyrath and managed two gym trips today. She just loves the attention and can't pick which lane she wants to be in, relatable mom content or trying to get others jealous of her and showing off
Did she do two workouts today? I don’t know why people follow her. She is painful 😓

Reactions: 9
So Harper cant sleep at night as she likes being “on the go” but Niamh ensures she is “on the go” all day every day cause she doesn’t want to be stuck at home. And then she wonders why the baby wont sleep at night.

Reactions: 14
Oh wow that Q & A. So she’s talking like she even mentioned before that bf is history. That’s for clarifying Niamh. Maybe you should have eased up on going on like you were Mother Earth while you were doing it. It’s bloody hard and so demanding on the mother. Maybe acknowledge that instead of prancing around like nothing in your life has changed. 💯 rolling out the osteopath and early weaning thinking it will make her sleep through. It probably won’t Niamh. Most babies don’t for ages. Lord with my now 10mt old id be delighted just to be up once or twice at night but no it’s unsettled and kicking most of the night every night. Drained, the joys of dairy intolerance. And do not get me started on giving a new mother who’s gained weight the advice I’d ‘be consistent with a calorie deficit’ ffs so damaging. Not everyone even before kids are going around like a maniac counting calories and steps. I was lighter a month after my 2nd baby than I was 6mts later and you know that was ok coz I was going through a tit time and trying to lose weight could wait awhile.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.