NI Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t like people exploiting children on social media. If you want to defend them that’s your prerogative, no need to take it so personally.
Sharing your child isn’t exploiting them 🤦‍♀️ Most people are just proud to be parents and like showing their kids off.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 5
To over 21,000 complete strangers? Let’s agree to disagree.
I have about 1100 followers on insta, but literally anyone who isnt following me could look at any time.
people shouldn’t be afraid of sharing their life and pride and joys because there’s a very very minute minority of people who are creeps. If people want to view something hard enough, they’ll just hack their page even if it’s private. It’s bad that people even have to have a fear of just showing their pride and joy off

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
I have about 1100 followers on insta, but literally anyone who isnt following me could look at any time.
people shouldn’t be afraid of sharing their life and pride and joys because there’s a very very minute minority of people who are creeps. If people want to view something hard enough, they’ll just hack their page even if it’s private. It’s bad that people even have to have a fear of just showing their pride and joy off
That’s an extremely naive view.

Reactions: 17
That’s an extremely naive view.
No, it’s really not. So we should just hide constantly in fear? When people on the street could look at us/our children as easy as online? Never walk our kids in public for fear the one weirdo of the entire bunch will see? We can’t let the creeps win in life. If people are comfortable showing their kids, that’s their own thing to worry about. I only have a few pics on social media, and I’m ok with that. Like most mums are, as most mums/dads share pics that anyone can see.
It’s bad craic that the only thing you can think of is the one in a million creep and not the many people who just enjoy seeing parts of others lives.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
No, it’s really not. So we should just hide constantly in fear? When people on the street could look at us/our children as easy as online? Never walk our kids in public for fear the one weirdo of the entire bunch will see? We can’t let the creeps win in life. If people are comfortable showing their kids, that’s their own thing to worry about. I only have a few pics on social media, and I’m ok with that. Like most mums are, as most mums/dads share pics that anyone can see.
It’s bad craic that the only thing you can think of is the one in a million creep and not the many people who just enjoy seeing parts of others lives.
Yes, it really is. One in a million? I wish I lived in the world of your statistics. Not looking to continue to discuss this with you cause it’s futile. Children can’t consent to their images and lives being shared online, in the case of “influencers” who make a living from their content, this is exploitation. As I said previously, let’s after to disagree.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It’s the implying that the child isn’t treated well that’s annoying me. The baby is very clearly loved and well cared for. People love to pick at things new mums and dads do constantly. When everyone’s just learning. The fact that people are annoyed that they let the child’s feet touch water and that they are bad parents for this is just baffling to me when the wee child’s clearly adored.
I didn’t even know who she was until recently, I knew of her boyfriend as we are from similar groups growing up, but I haven’t as much as walked past him in the street for years, just seen him in other people I knows insta stories. But for people to say, he’s not holding her well, they dipped her feet in water etc is just picking their parenting apart because they have a problem with them when they aren’t doing a thing wrong with her. I’m glad you are entitled to your opinion, as much as I am mine, which you clearly don’t like and felt the need to come for me when you are allowed yours too with no comeback.
I don’t think it harmed baby. Baby never cried or lifted feet away so clearly baby didn’t mind. Nothing wrong with letting them experience nee things. Clearly the kids loved.

Reactions: 2
Annaliviahynds seemed to be working in marketing for a prepped meal company & now she keeps saying she is a stay at home mum / unemployed
Did she say what happened? Feel she makes a real point of mentioning it!

Reactions: 4
Annaliviahynds seemed to be working in marketing for a prepped meal company & now she keeps saying she is a stay at home mum / unemployed
Did she say what happened? Feel she makes a real point of mentioning it!
The company seems to have stopped trading no idea why

Reactions: 1
I don’t think it harmed baby. Baby never cried or lifted feet away so clearly baby didn’t mind. Nothing wrong with letting them experience nee things. Clearly the kids loved.
Very much so. It’s just mad that people criticise new parents for everything they do with their baby because they don’t like the parents 🤦‍♀️ Although the baby is very clearly loved, fed and well looked after and getting to have new experiences.
I’ve hunted through their pages looking for something wrong, like him holding her badly as people have said he does and just can’t find it anywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The Instagram algorithm loves children that's why alot of influencers use them in their stores plain and simple. Caroline digg mama would want to have a word with herself, people can't pay their electricity bill or buy oil and shes gallivanting all the time advertising businesses that the general joe blogs couldn't dream of affording right now. Read the room like.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
The Instagram algorithm loves children that's why alot of influencers use them in their stores plain and simple. Caroline digg mama would want to have a word with herself, people can't pay their electricity bill or buy oil and shes gallivanting all the time advertising businesses that the general joe blogs couldn't dream of affording right now. Read the room like.
Jill at home at rose cottage is exactly the same. One ad after another and it’s always freebie stays. People worrying how they’re gonna heat their homes this winter never mind you trying to promote a getaway that everyone else would have to pay for yet you get it for free. Bet you wouldn’t pay to stay in half these places normally. Also charging £25 for a diary? Catch yourself on and get with the times ffs

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.