Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shadowcat5

VIP Member
anyone done a park run before? There's one really near to me and I'm tempted but forewarned is forearmed and all that

TinyDancer2602

Just signed up for my first half marathon!! 😬😬

did c25k all on the treadmill and was doing 5ks in about 29/30 mins, I knew running outside would be different but it was soo much harder than I imagined. Been keeping consistent and really enjoying it however for once in my life so thought I’d sign up for a half marathon to keep the motivation up
Ah that’s amazing…I’m still not brave enough to venture outside ☹

Frau_guru

Any tips for winter morning runs?

Last few days temperature was in minus, and it gets painful to breath...
After work is already dark. 😭😭😭

Notworthy

VIP Member
Does anyone have recommendations for overhead earphones that I can wear whilst running, the in-ear ones always fall out and it's so annoying!
I can't recommend any but please remember it isn't safe to not hear the world around you when out running

KawaiiSloth

Chatty Member
I've still been getting heavy legs during runs even though I've been to a running shop, had gait analysis and wear the shoes they suggested for me... Any advice?

skvallertant

Chatty Member
I’ll give it another go but I’m tempted to sell it. It’s just not getting the use. And I’d much rather run outside!
Does anyone else treadmill run?
I joined a local gym to use a treadmill during the dark evenings and I absolutely hate it 😂 it's so boring and I find it hard to control my pace for some reason. I seem to run so much slower on the treadmill as well even though I try to get it over and done with as quick as possible 😭

SheMyBestie

I’m so glad I’ve found this thread. I’m no expert runner by any means but I love running. For me, it’s my happy place and the endorphins after are amazing.

However, during Lockdown I started C25K (annd completed it 🥰) outside before that I only used a treadmill at the gym.

I purchased a treadmill for home use 18 months ago and this may sound really silly, I don’t really get on with it. I would love nothing more than to get a good run done on it before work but I’ve resulted to running outside on my days off. I keep saying to myself that I’ll set an alarm and get up early to use the treadmill but I just find treadmill running so difficult now. It’s an opti one I bought from Argos, however would I find it easier on an industrial one at the gym or is it because this one is a little smaller. 🤷🏼‍♀️