Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SwizzleMalarkey

VIP Member
I feel like I would get bored on a treadmill but would quite like to try it!
I went for a run this morning and it was so cold but I was warm by the time I finished. Not sure what to get in terms of running in the cold weather. 🤔

Reactions: 1

Some People!

Chatty Member
My first run was 2,5 months ago, so my advices are not professional 😅
I bought Nike free run wich looks like sock, and they are very strechy so they are for my wide and very often swollen feet very good.
Also they look good so I can wear them everyday. (Original price around 120e found them online for 45e)

Last month I took the north face trail running shoes bcs in first one I can't walk/run when it's wet...
They are not very everyday shoes, but I bought them as a motivation to stay fit. 🐷
(Original price 130e, found them online in another colour for 70e)

The best is to go in store and try various models. Write them down and then you can search online good offers.
It's very important to try them, with fat running socks on.
My Nike shoes are 37.5 and the north face 39 ....

Motion App is crushing, does anybody has the same problem?
Will try now to instal on tablet...
Thanks so much for the pointers and the highly inspirational timeframe!! 🖤

• Heart

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
anyone done a park run before? There's one really near to me and I'm tempted but forewarned is forearmed and all that
What are you worried about? Parkruns tend to be quite inclusive. If you’re worried about taking too long you can see the results of the previous events on the website of each venue so you judge where you’ll sit in the pack. Some parkruns are quite small and are done in 40 minutes, others are massive and have people who take over an hour.

Frau_guru

Would like to try 2 shorter runs/power walks a day, instead of 1.
I never have enough time and I am so stressed to finish some another things, and very often running late to get ready for work 😅
Today is a same thing... 🙄

Looking forward later to finish my workout and hit 10k steps.
Feeling incomplete.

Is anybody doing 2 workouts per day?
Any advices?

smooth_operator33

Chatty Member
Hey all! My friend has asked me to do a 5k next year with him and I’ve never ran in my life😆
I would like to lose a bit of weight and I’ve downloaded couch to 5k but I really don’t get much free time in the week, hopefully I can start soon!
Woop woop! It’s a start :) you got this & welcome to the club!!

• Heart

PeterPanFan

I do all my running on the treadmill. I am too self conscious to go outdoors just yet. I like that I can set my pace. I think I’d struggle to set my pace outdoors. I usually have Netflix on while I run to distract me. I started out walking and increased my pace over time. Only started actually running about a month ago. Never imagined I’d be able to run in my life so it’s crazy to me. My best time is 10km in 55.50, hope to improve on that. I started the walking for my mental health. It’s still wobbly but at least something good has come from my trying to manage it.
Can I ask what kind of treadmill you have? I'd like one but not sure what will suit me as a beginner

bourb0nbiscuits

Chatty Member
You're better off going to a proper sports shop and getting your gait analysed. I'd avoid Hoka. I don't have wide feet but they were far too narrow even going up a size. I think New Balance do trainers in different widths.
I always go up a size in my running trainers, I think all the runners I know do.

• Heart

bourb0nbiscuits

Chatty Member
Any tips for winter morning runs?

Last few days temperature was in minus, and it gets painful to breath...
After work is already dark. 😭😭😭
Wear a bobble hat or even a knitted headband, it surprising the difference wearing something on your head makes on a cold morning

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
You ladies are so good with your running! It’s an excuse but I just don’t find the time. I also spend a lot of day on zoom calls so need to look pretty presentable. Even getting on the bike for 30 minutes and I look a sweaty mess.

Notworthy

VIP Member
I used to do a class called treadmill treking. Lots of changes, run for 2 mins then incline for 2, then add further incline for 2, spring for 30 secs then increase speed every 30 secs, etc. Made it far less monotonous. Also if I'm just running on the tread, I set targets so initially it will be 5 mins then I look at how far I've gone and my next target may be a distance then the next target might be so and so calories burned etc

Melian

VIP Member
I think I should buy treadmill - tried one time and it was surprisingly easier then running outside in forest... On treadmill i run my first 5km without walking.... Outside my maximum is until first uphill... wich is around 1.5km.... 😅🐷
The treadmill bores me. The only way I can run on it is I'm watching something on Disney Plus.

KawaiiSloth

Chatty Member
Does anyone have recommendations for overhead earphones that I can wear whilst running, the in-ear ones always fall out and it's so annoying!

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
for anyone wondering - i ran my marathon yesterday! absolutely crazy day. finished it in 5:30 and stuck with the pacer the whole time. walked at the water stations and ran everything else!

i don’t think it’s sunk in yet but i’m so pleased i’ve done it 🫶🏼
Yay congrats!