New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s so weird to think a donut shop will be a empire? Like how weird and dumb is that. Plus, who is that keen on a bread roll filled with cream deep fried to travel all across Auckland? I dunno, maybe cause I’m not a foodie
And it doesn’t take hard effort or brains to make donuts, you are just selling yourself GF

Reactions: 3
I think it’s so weird to think a donut shop will be a empire? Like how weird and dumb is that. Plus, who is that keen on a bread roll filled with cream deep fried to travel all across Auckland? I dunno, maybe cause I’m not a foodie
And it doesn’t take hard effort or brains to make donuts, you are just selling yourself GF
Can’t believe I’m saying it - magnolia has built more of an empire.

just She got lazy though and thought fame would Be enough

grown up donuts, doe donuts and even new world donuts (for their price point don’t come for me) are better quality IMO

Reactions: 5
The fruit thing is so badly photoshopped. I find it super problematic that a) she thinks she deserves to just steal for lunches when she can afford the damn fruit b) shes so invested that she is willing to lie about it on social media and look like a complete dick (after going to the effort to poorly photoshop to help the lie) and c) what kinda fucked up privileged world is she living in? Everyone knows it’s free fruit for kids to eat at the supermarket. And if you’ve gone to the effort of driving there just for free fruit cause you don’t have any, go in and buy a bleeping bunch of bananas so you have more at home! I’m so angry I can’t even get my words out properly! If you made that mistake wouldn’t you pretend it never happened rather than look like a bleeping fool on social media!?!?!?!

Reactions: 37
Did anyone else see the Auckland fashion designer post on IG stories about calling their dog ‘ramen’ or ‘yum cha’? Seemed very oblivious…

• Wow
Reactions: 1
A major empire! tit that's cute 😂

Here's the thing, I reeeeeally did want to like Jess. Especially being from West Auckland myself. I liked that she was a bit extra and not ashamed to be super girly and I liked a lot of her style. I'm still enjoying her house build content tbh and actually look forward to seeing that done and seeing how she styles it (with the increase in AD posts lately I'm guessing that's to help fund the house lol so I'm expecting great things).

But. It's just gotten hard to like her content now though because it feels like she's making "boss business witch CEO" her whole personality/aesthetic and it's like, calm down. I feel like a lot of it is just for the "image" of being a "boss" with not so much of the reality. It's for how it "looks" and just for the label. It's just become oversaturated with the "boss" aesthetic and just waaaay too much materialism. Nobody needs thaaat many shades of beige/brown Aimn tights (and I say that as someone who has like 3 pairs of shades of beige/brown lol just cos I find them comfy round the house) or that many tracksuits.

No doubt she thinks we're all jealous haters and will probably go on about "tall poppy syndrome" and if that helps her sleep at night that's cool, but that ain't it lol.

ALSO re the billboard... She mentioned she worked with her sister who has 10 years of advertising experience. Would not have thought that looking at the design... But okay 👀

Major empire till someone finds one of her pubes in their cream pie from one of her nood shoots at the bakery 🤢 🤣🚩

Can’t believe I’m saying it - magnolia has built more of an empire.

just She got lazy though and thought fame would Be enough

grown up donuts, doe donuts and even new world donuts (for their price point don’t come for me) are better quality IMO
Love grown up and Doe! They are fabulous people too ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Is it just me or is Hashtag Jess and her kids ALWAYS SICK. Like get out of the house more for some fresh air instead of always laying on the couch watching Love island or MAF episodes.

Reactions: 5
Is it just me or is Hashtag Jess and her kids ALWAYS SICK. Like get out of the house more for some fresh air instead of always laying on the couch watching Love island or MAF episodes.
I found it interesting that she didn't share when they had covid before the wedding. Makes me wonder if the entire family of 6 actually did self isolate for 8 days 🙃 (surely it would be longer at home with a large family?? But still managed to fit in a hens night and anniversary hotel stay prior to the wedding 🤭) also surprised she didn't share because she loves to mention when the kids are up her arse at home.

Reactions: 6
Well she’s now still blaming countdown. Would be interesting to hear countdowns side of the story 🤣
Ffs. Who doesn't know what the basket of fruit is when you enter Countdown 😂 man she's ridiculous. Even if that lunchbox sign WAS in the fruit basket it's clearly an error on Countdowns behalf so why take the piss and kick up a fuss about it? Just move on already.

Reactions: 11
Well she’s now still blaming countdown. Would be interesting to hear countdowns side of the story 🤣
But the sign she took a photo of doesn’t say anything about them being free? Its just a way of advertising mandarins? I’m so confused about what point she thinks she’s making 😂

Reactions: 21
Who was the free fruit influenza ???
Yes. I thought that too! That would be a potential sign by the mandarins YOU PURCHASE! 🤣. I really struggle with this influencers ( is Australian?) attitude to $$$ and trying to jump on the bandwagon of advocating for the lower income families, and children who miss out and how NZ needs to change all these things (all the while living an extremely privileged life getting free things etc).

Reactions: 4
Ffs. Who doesn't know what the basket of fruit is when you enter Countdown 😂 man she's ridiculous. Even if that lunchbox sign WAS in the fruit basket it's clearly an error on Countdowns behalf so why take the piss and kick up a fuss about it? Just move on already.
If she sent her kids in, how does she know what happened? Was she there too?

perhaps the kids took fruit from the stands and not the free basket?

Reactions: 4
Stephanie Peeni is always pleading poverty whilst wearing high end labels. She literally only wears Marle which is like $400 for a Jumper

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Sera kept using a friend of mines before and after shots to advertise her BS challenges. 1) my friend didn't even lose the weight from these challenges
2) Sera kept using the images repeatedly for well over a year despite being asked to not use them. Especially because it was falsely advertising her challenges/App. My friend didn't want to be associated with her any longer
She’s done this to SO many people over the years. People have threatened legal action. Someone I know had the same thing happen. I have no idea how she keeps so many followers.

Reactions: 3

It clearly says fresh sweet mandarins not free sweet mandarins 🤣 you reckon she picked up a five finger discount bread from the fresh/free bakery 🙃 🥖

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The fruit thing is so badly photoshopped. I find it super problematic that a) she thinks she deserves to just steal for lunches when she can afford the damn fruit b) shes so invested that she is willing to lie about it on social media and look like a complete dick (after going to the effort to poorly photoshop to help the lie) and c) what kinda fucked up privileged world is she living in? Everyone knows it’s free fruit for kids to eat at the supermarket. And if you’ve gone to the effort of driving there just for free fruit cause you don’t have any, go in and buy a bleeping bunch of bananas so you have more at home! I’m so angry I can’t even get my words out properly! If you made that mistake wouldn’t you pretend it never happened rather than look like a bleeping fool on social media!?!?!?!
ALL. OF. THIS 🙏

Reactions: 7
Lol I don't think she photoshopped the pic, the whole thing is obviously a misunderstanding. She should've just moved on and not said anything.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Lol I don't think she photoshopped the pic, the whole thing is obviously a misunderstanding. She should've just moved on and not said anything.
She did photoshop the pic though... The screenshot above from her has her saying she did it cause the manager "ripped it down" in store

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.