New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When we start a new thread can we please not talk about JD AH. Some of us will exhaust ourselves talking about it if we’re given the chance and yes it’s our personal choice to talk about it but Tattle for me is like picking up a book and not having to think about the massive issues. You guys/gals are all intelligent, lovely people- from what I’ve experienced anyway. And I feel like we can all maybe agree to disagree? I hope I make sense. I’m not trying to police anything but I’d love to stay and talk tit about influencers instead… if that’s okay :)❤

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I might be biased because I have followed Emily Writes for years and I love her, but I see no problem with this. She has a private instagram page and she makes no money off it. I have only seen her once get something free and doesn't do ads. She does make some money from promoting her own books - but let's be fair, most of that goes to publishers. So if people don't like her views, why would she keep them as a follower? There are some people that follow her that have experienced DV, so Emily is probably keeping the page safe for them as well.
I agree with you and yes I’m probably biased too because I admire her for taking a stand when others don’t. It’s a very controversial topic and she’s talked about keeping her spaces safe for those who have experienced DV. She doesn’t owe it to anyone to discuss domestic violence with them. I don’t think anyone is required to just put up with comments from strangers on matters like sexual assault and DV. Blocking people on sponsored posts or ads is quite different to blocking people on a post about domestic violence when their views are really far away from your own view and there’s no way you will ever share a view and especially when the comments are offensive or rude. Time to be an adult and realise not everyone has time for you?

Reactions: 14
Wow, LFYD weren’t kidding about having dinner AT the Eiffel Tower. Christian has stealthily covered the prices (wow, amazing he thought to) on the degustation menu. I looked it up, they are €205 for 5 courses or €245 for 7 courses. Each! Plus wine… 😵💫

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Is she trying to brag about her sex life?
Yes, and implying those are the ones that are appropriate for the gram… weird. You can show you’re in a loving relationship without making cringe reels like that. I’m sure her kids will love to discover that one day

ETA and of course LFYD commented on that reel and bet he’s just annoyed he didn’t think of posting something similar about his sex life

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yes, and implying those are the ones that are appropriate for the gram… weird. You can show you’re in a loving relationship without making cringe reels like that. I’m sure her kids will love to discover that one day

ETA and of course LFYD commented on that reel and bet he’s just annoyed he didn’t think of posting something similar about his sex life
No one needs to know about their sex life.. yuck

Reactions: 1
Wow, LFYD weren’t kidding about having dinner AT the Eiffel Tower. Christian has stealthily covered the prices (wow, amazing he thought to) on the degustation menu. I looked it up, they are €205 for 5 courses or €245 for 7 courses. Each! Plus wine… 😵💫
I don’t know anyone with money like this and it’s so hard to contemplate. What I really struggle to understand is how many people would justify it by saying they’ve worked hard for it when I know people who have worked haaaard everyday of their life, often destroying their body and their mental health in the process, and they can’t afford a two month holiday in their own home let alone in Europe. I’d love to know more about Kelly, she seems to love the kids so much but i thought she’d be getting time with her family by herself this holiday.
watching the travel highlight was like a “what’s cool when you’re rich but bad when you’re poor” can just imagine how different the reactions would be if a Mum on a benefit went on a boozy road trip with a new baby

Reactions: 10
I saw the comments by the John Depp psychos and I’m not surprised she blocked you. If you can’t handle being blocked don’t make comments works both ways doesn’t it
I haven’t commented on any of her posts 😍
Was just simply making an observation that it happens a lot. If people can’t handle differing opinions on a public forum then perhaps they should only post on their private substacks and instagrams.
That’s all 😂

edit to say she has deleted it off Facebook now. Easy!

I don’t know anyone with money like this and it’s so hard to contemplate. What I really struggle to understand is how many people would justify it by saying they’ve worked hard for it when I know people who have worked haaaard everyday of their life, often destroying their body and their mental health in the process, and they can’t afford a two month holiday in their own home let alone in Europe. I’d love to know more about Kelly, she seems to love the kids so much but i thought she’d be getting time with her family by herself this holiday.
watching the travel highlight was like a “what’s cool when you’re rich but bad when you’re poor” can just imagine how different the reactions would be if a Mum on a benefit went on a boozy road trip with a new baby
The thing with money is....
Money talks
But wealth whispers.....

I'm always super skeptical of those who flaunt their "money". The more they flash around, the less they probably have.
I know a few of their tradies, they aren't well known for paying on time which indicates their financial situation isn't always as it seems

Reactions: 20
I haven’t commented on any of her posts 😍
Was just simply making an observation that it happens a lot. If people can’t handle differing opinions on a public forum then perhaps they should only post on their private substacks and instagrams.
That’s all 😂

edit to say she has deleted it off Facebook now. Easy!
Sounds like she was handling it though by blocking people who were being eggs Id do the same

Reactions: 4
Money talks
But wealth whispers.....

I'm always super skeptical of those who flaunt their "money". The more they flash around, the less they probably have.
I know a few of their tradies, they aren't well known for paying on time which indicates their financial situation isn't always as it seems
Seems like they can’t do anything on time lol but have privilege enough to get away with it.

Reactions: 2
What’s the story with Amy Carlyon and her new guy? I’ve read that the ex friend and bridesmaid Jazz shacked up with her ex husband as the friend told him about Amy’s affair..

so is this new guy Mark the same guy and they’ve been having an affair for ages, like over a year, - so long before his ex mrs was even pregnant with their kid?
is that the dude she's been going out to dinner with?

This is all so true. Esp the single mum boozy road trip bit.
We’re pretty well off. We just live averagely with an average, not brand new car (not an SUV) normal sized house, the odd luxury here and there (a cleaner 🙌🏻) I’d feel uncomfortable flashing it like they do.

Reactions: 9
When we start a new thread can we please not talk about JD AH. Some of us will exhaust ourselves talking about it if we’re given the chance and yes it’s our personal choice to talk about it but Tattle for me is like picking up a book and not having to think about the massive issues. You guys/gals are all intelligent, lovely people- from what I’ve experienced anyway. And I feel like we can all maybe agree to disagree? I hope I make sense. I’m not trying to police anything but I’d love to stay and talk tit about influencers instead… if that’s okay :)❤
Can we also please not speculate on how someone died. It’s sick.

Reactions: 10
Can someone with privileges lock this thread and start a new one?

Reactions: 2
Can someone make #6?
I have a semi-summary for it:

Amy Carlyon: we get it, you did to someone else what you hated being done to you
Anna Reeve: we get it, your husband is horny
Danni Duncan: we get it, you don't want kids
Elleherself: we get it, your #ad pram is soooo much better than your paid for one
Erin Simpson: we get it, you're bleeping clueless
HMHC: we get it, you like your kids at home
LFYD: we get it, you're rich
Nana Whittaker: we get it, you have a thermomix
Ness Keown: we get it, you duck people's husbands
one.in.a.bullion: we get it, you're out of the influencer game
SA: we get it, you'll do anything that's an ad

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Yeah I’ve been on holiday before and saw some influencers kids and was like wait I don’t live here I shouldn’t know who they are haha
yes I find this so weird when you encounter them or their kids/spouses in public. I had my nails done by Lottie once but I just felt so weird “knowing” her from social media.

Money talks
But wealth whispers.....

I agree there are a lot of people out there poor, trying to look rich

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.