New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread ✌🏻

My quick recap:

HMHC kept both her children home from school this week but sent one back today

LFYD's are still awol on Instagram. But we all know Christian will still be filming for content for the gram.
Nat their surrogate for Lulu went on a deleting spree and deleted nearly 18k followers from her account.

Anyone else feel free to add 😊

How crazy that something obviously went down within the month he was at TVNZ where someone must have laid a complaint for all of this to suddenly come out. Imagine getting a prime time role but not containing your previous bad behaviour. Gross.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Long time reader, first time posting

Does anyone else have epiphanies when watching “influencers” stories??

last night I was watching Nana W’s and thought to myself what the F am I doing sitting here watching someone post a picture of their laundry hanging up?? Or a pic of her coffee? Boomy of pasta in a bowl??

Why is this my life? 😂 I wouldn’t watch this tit if it was just your average Joe Blogs/girl I went to school with/neighbour posting it so why do I watch the influencers post it?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
New thread ✌🏻

My quick recap:

HMHC kept both her children home from school this week but sent one back today

LFYD's are still awol on Instagram. But we all know Christian will still be filming for content for the gram.
Nat their surrogate for Lulu went on a deleting spree and deleted nearly 18k followers from her account.

Anyone else feel free to add 😊

How crazy that something obviously went down within the month he was at TVNZ where someone must have laid a complaint for all of this to suddenly come out. Imagine getting a prime time role but not containing your previous bad behaviour. Gross.
Did TVNZ not do due diligence before they employed him???

Reactions: 2
Who actually takes to time to respond to their followers when you ask a question, share a thought or say something in response to their stories? Politely of course. I have found sera Lynne, Rebecca keil erana pound and casarah Cooper usually pretty good at acknowledging their followers. So many others leave you on seen with nothing even just a heart or thumbs up back since they are making money off us watching and following along.

last night I was watching Nana W’s and thought to myself what the F am I doing sitting here watching someone post a picture of their laundry hanging up?? Or a pic of her coffee? Boomy of pasta in a bowl??

Why is this my life? 😂 I wouldn’t watch this tit if it was just your average Joe Blogs/girl I went to school with/neighbour posting it so why do I watch the influencers post it?
Yup all the time. Why am I watching an empty washing basket when I have my own full one next to me waiting for me. Really makes you think on who you should actually follow/what you are getting out of their stories

Reactions: 6
No sign of Asher so far today, I’m guessing today is a daycare day? I just wish she’d be honest.

• Haha
Reactions: 9

I think it depends on if you feel a connection to the person!! My friend and I snapchat each other often little "mum life vlogs" of us folding our washing, cleaning before and afters, dinners. Some people you can vibe with, others you can't!

Reactions: 1
Who actually takes to time to respond to their followers when you ask a question, share a thought or say something in response to their stories? Politely of course. I have found sera Lynne, Rebecca keil erana pound and casarah Cooper usually pretty good at acknowledging their followers. So many others leave you on seen with nothing even just a heart or thumbs up back since they are making money off us watching and following along.

Yup all the time. Why am I watching an empty washing basket when I have my own full one next to me waiting for me. Really makes you think on who you should actually follow/what you are getting out of their stories
AND who you should unfollow!!

@hunting_lucyjaine - anyone follow her? I love her, I think it's cool what she's doing for men's mental health. Initially she came across a bit... "Pick me" maybe? But from conversations with her and following along more she seems like a smart, confident chick, and that she's aware of the image and idea she portrays. I think she shows that you don't have to look or act a certain way to be successful in typically masculine environments.

These threads have given me an epiphany as to how duh I am having been sucked in and paying for OfficiallyEm's Patreon - like honestly I was so sucked in, and realistically why am I paying money to see the behind the scenes and being in her FB groups. Really not worth it.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
These threads have given me an epiphany as to how duh I am having been sucked in and paying for OfficiallyEm's Patreon - like honestly I was so sucked in, and realistically why am I paying money to see the behind the scenes and being in her FB groups. Really not worth it.
yup it’s been very eye opening 😂 I’ve realised I need to take a good hard look at myself and how I spend my time

Reactions: 8
I hope that this forum contributes to a bit of a change in influencer culture. For it to go from cool to uncool to scrounge for stuff and receive a whole lot of free stuff that you really don’t need or could have just bought yourself. for some influencers to wake up a bit to their sense of entitlement that they feel they have to everything just because they are an “influencer”.

I feel like this forum is showing that some people are waking up to and just getting sick of it, and I hope that that awareness sees a change in behaviour for some.
whilst there are some petty posts on here and some that do take it to far, eg post remarks about personal appearance etc, most posts are about calling out the behaviour and toxic culture. I also think we have done pretty well at calling out those in this forum who do take it to far.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I hope that this forum contributes to a bit of a change in influencer culture. For it to go from cool to uncool to scrounge for stuff and receive a whole lot of free stuff that you really don’t need or could have just bought yourself. for some influencers to wake up a bit to their sense of entitlement that they feel they have to everything just because they are an “influencer”.

I feel like this forum is showing that some people are waking up to and just getting sick of it, and I hope that that awareness sees a change in behaviour for some.
whilst there are some petty posts on here and some that do take it to far, eg post remarks about personal appearance etc, most posts are about calling out the behaviour and toxic culture. I also think we have done pretty well at calling out those in this forum who do take it to far.
It makes me laugh at how uptight the NZ influencers get about this because if they looked at the other threads on here they are BRUTAL compared to this one.
It is definitely making me think about who I follow and why I care so much about strangers on the Internet and their life? But equally without followers these influencers wouldn't have certain opportunities that they get either.

Reactions: 17
@hunting_lucyjaine - anyone follow her? I love her, I think it's cool what she's doing for men's mental health. Initially she came across a bit... "Pick me" maybe? But from conversations with her and following along more she seems like a smart, confident chick, and that she's aware of the image and idea she portrays. I think she shows that you don't have to look or act a certain way to be successful in typically masculine environments.
Except she went to the Wellington protests and was very loud about her views on that subject 👎👎

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Yep, I wasn’t in her patreon “clubs” but I’ve unfollowed her since reading through these threads.

Does anyone follow @fivelittlebirds ? A homeschooling/ vegetarian family. There’s a lot shared about the kids, but I’m not aware of it being problematic. Happy to have my eyes opened if anyone has any ☕

Reactions: 4
Does Simone film before the F45 class starts? Looks so quiet there these days?
I would hate to train where someone filmed.
Remember when she had a sweaty vag and addressed the messages- I still laugh about that :m

• Haha
Reactions: 15
hardly anything was said about her? Just that she has become very entitled to things, and also the fact her giveaways are never shown proof of winner plus are often won by her friends / influencer friends etc. maybe the truth hurts??
I totally agree. Nothing said about her was that bad.

They all need to see that showcasing the same stuff that they get free because they are signed up to a PR agency is not what we want to see, how many accounts regardless if they are over or under 5k are now just making posts and then at the end it's a #ad.
Do these people not see that especially in today's economy it's not ok to flaunt free tit? The latest I've seen is the Westgate shopping mall three story's and posts three different accounts the same bloody content we get it guys! but why not go do it purchase items and then DONATE them because do you really need more free stuff? and the warehouse Lego really how many people can't actually afford Lego and now it's being plastered on the gram. These people think it's cool to showoff but in reality it can be damaging for others who just actually dont have the spare income. Also #notsalty just super over every single account being exactly the same.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.