New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looks like we have another influencer or friend of here again !

Also it’s a “re-cap” so not just my opinions, go back and read the other threads!
Katie is entitled… expecting rules should be broken so you can take your dog into a museum is ENTITLED, just because she is a midwife (a paid job) doesn’t mean you get to treat people crappy!

Kate your fake Mate… doesn’t just “parent” she lectures and try’s to “educate” people… having a go about things like swimming and what toys (ie. plastic is the devil) is rude and makes other parents feel like tit… you do you, for sure… but don’t be judgy!

Calling somone Toxic is quite Toxic in itself 🙄🤣
not at all,just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean they’re friends or influencers. I’m not friends with any of them and I’m not a influencer I just think you are quite nasty about people who are very clearly nice people.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s right though 🙌 nothing wrong with her house and I don’t get why people care so much
Yes! She is 100% right - it’s a mega dick move to be a judgey cow about her house being a bit chaotic. She has 3 kids including a baby FFS!!!

Reactions: 10
not at all,just because someone disagrees with you doesn’t mean they’re friends or influencers. I’m not friends with any of them and I’m not a influencer I just think you are quite nasty about people who are very clearly nice people.
Nasty, love, go look at your chat history, you seem a bit nasty and toxic?
So you agree with Katie’s Museum rant, and other rants similar?
You agree that Kate you fake mate should make others feel guilty about not taking their children to swimming lessons, or have flash wooden and beige toys from a #ad boutique buis? There are lots of young Mums and Parents in general that can’t afford these things! Simone is less lecturey than kate your fake mate, and that’s saying something!
Just because someone says “anyway your all doing an anmmmazzzing job either way gois” doesn’t justify it!

There is a hell of a lot worse things being said
than calling out these peoples actual crappy behaviour!

Reactions: 8
Ummmm she did a Recap from the previous 3 threads, these are the main points that have been said about some of the influencers mentioned.
I think you misunderstood the assignment

• Heart
Reactions: 14
You agree that Kate you fake mate should make others feel guilty about not taking their children to swimming lessons, or have flash wooden and beige toys from a #ad boutique buis? There are lots of young Mums and Parents in general that can’t afford these things! Simone is less lecturey than kate your fake mate, and that’s saying something!
Just because someone says “anyway your all doing an anmmmazzzing job either way gois” doesn’t justify it!

and yes I know some stuff she gets are from op shops, but it’s almost like that is to counteract the #gifted, once again it’s not just “hey gois look at this cool stuff I got from the op shop today” it’s the “YOU don’t have to this YOU don’t have to that LOOK at me and what ive done say no to plastic gois, go do what I do” basically!

Reactions: 1
Just like to put it out there bringingbackbecs/bloombybecs is a tit coach, she spends more time finding new clients and writing inspirational captions and reels than she does helping her existing clients.

Reactions: 2
Yes and I also think she even sounds very over JJBB now that the hype of having a shop has died down and the cake and donut market is a bit more saturated. It’s like what started off as a passion is now just a huuuuge chore
Everyone is doing donuts! It’s something I would literally never choose personally and very much as someone said earlier going the way of the “cupcake boom”
Agree completely! Doesn’t seem like she does much of the baking either now? A la Magnolia Kitchen

Reactions: 1
Just like to put it out there bringingbackbecs/bloombybecs is a tit coach, she spends more time finding new clients and writing inspirational captions and reels than she does helping her existing clients.
This is disappointing. I was considering using her cause she’s the same body type as me lol

100% agree 💯

And lemme break this down even further for Kate.yourmate and her friends here who don't seem to get it yet. I have no doubt she means well and is a nice person but some of what she says is problematic.

A specific example: My friend was following Kate. She had postpartum depression and anxiety and felt like she was letting her kid down and was desperate to do the best for them. Kate got on her lecture train about swimming lessons being a human right or some tit. My friend wasn't up for it with her 5 month old - couldn't afford it, had PPD and PPA, was self-conscious with her new postpartum body (bloody hard to find good plus-sized togs especially with breastfeeding boobs!), and had carpal tunnel in her wrists. BUT Kate's wee lecture meant she signed up and couldn't get through the first lesson without her anxiety flaring up and had to cancel. Kate's comments have no regard for her followers' mental health and they can be extremely ableist and elitist.

"Just unfollow if you don't like my parenting" Kate.yourmate says 🙄. But my friend was not in that mindframe or strong enough at that point. Took an expensive psychiatrist to convince her these influencers can be damaging, problematic, manipulative etc. She has unfollowed her (and others) now though👏 but there are more Mums there going through the same thing.

All we are saying is just think twice about how you are coming across. Think about your content and how it could be perceived and potentially hurtful.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
You should thank us that your most engagements come from this forum. At this rate #TattleRaisedFundsForDannisCroissant
God I can’t stand people asking for engagement!! If people like your content, they’ll engage. If not, do better! It’s your job after all right? If I wasn’t performing properly in my job, I wouldn’t tell my clients to give me more attention so it looks like I’m performing properly

• Haha
Reactions: 15
100% agree 💯

And lemme break this down even further for Kate.yourmate and her friends here who don't seem to get it yet. I have no doubt she means well and is a nice person but some of what she says is problematic.

A specific example: My friend was following Kate. She had postpartum depression and anxiety and felt like she was letting her kid down and was desperate to do the best for them. Kate got on her lecture train about swimming lessons being a human right or some tit. My friend wasn't up for it with her 5 month old - couldn't afford it, had PPD and PPA, was self-conscious with her new postpartum body (bloody hard to find good plus-sized togs especially with breastfeeding boobs!), and had carpal tunnel in her wrists. BUT Kate's wee lecture meant she signed up and couldn't get through the first lesson without her anxiety flaring up and had to cancel. Kate's comments have no regard for her followers' mental health and they can be extremely ableist and elitist.

"Just unfollow if you don't like my parenting" Kate.yourmate says 🙄. But my friend was not in that mindframe or strong enough at that point. Took an expensive psychiatrist to convince her these influencers can be damaging, problematic, manipulative etc. She has unfollowed her (and others) now though👏 but there are more Mums there going through the same thing.

All we are saying is just think twice about how you are coming across. Think about your content and how it could be perceived and potentially hurtful.
Exactly! And at that age it isn’t about “swimming lessons” it’s purely water confidence which can be done at home in a bath even, you don’t have to pay for lessons to get these skills.

I hope your friend is getting there! My youngest is 5 and I’m glad social media wasn’t so big then.
Although I used to follow Ness Watson, she was amazing, her twins were the same age, she was so raw and honest with her struggles and it helped when I was going through those moments aswell! Along with Rebecca Keil (Ruby is slight older than my youngest) but just real, and not trying to be something they don’t need to be.
I was anal with my first, by my third a lot of it had gone out the window and I think these one child Mums need to remember that aswell, it’s easy to go to all these things, and all the other lecturey things they do on avoht when you have one child, and that’s not being snide it’s just facts.
Thanks to Ness and Rebecca for not being like the others, it’s refreshing!

I really really feel for first time parents, or parents with young babes watching these stories… its so sad!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is disappointing. I was considering using her cause she’s the same body type as me lol
Yea, she looks so inspirational and helpful but she isn't, she doesn't ever message you first to see how your weeks going, the check-ins have changed a bit since I left but it's literally a round up of your weeks averages and that's sorta it. I think she like setting stuff up and being able to offer new things but then 🤷 duck it once your signed into the 12 week contract, I think she's massively over charging too, think it's about $120 per week from memory for one or two messages a week. When using MFP she just says pick the option with the most calories if your unsure, not actually any sound advice

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I don’t know, I am pretty sure most midwives aren’t entitled considering that they literally constantly put others before themselfs. They dig thing was kinda weird but there was definitely some satire there and I didn’t get the impression she bullied anyone. I also think anyone who thinks Kate your mate means anything other than well is really strange. So you don’t agree with her parenting, scroll on, you can tell she’s a nice person. And same with Ellie. You seem toxic to be honest.
Ellie is a really cool chick I met her at Rccarton mall a couple of years, Kate however is a wannabe and definitely not nice. My workmate was in a shop when she was some time ago and she was being nasty about a lot of people that’s how I even heard about her 😏

100% agree 💯

100% girl. If you are an influencers with 10k++ followers, you are RESPONSIBLE for what you say online. Saying "you can unfollow" me does not JUSTIFY and is a poor excuse of your crappy behaviour meaning you are not willing to be held accountable for what you said.

If our prime minister say all the wrong things and push her belief to people of NZ, do you think that is acceptable? She cant say 'just turn off the TV', or 'just leave NZ if you are not happy'. As the PM of NZ they need to be held accountable for what they say. Similarly, If I were in my day job (im talking about real job) and say offensive things to my client, my boss will tell me off, yeah? We all need to be held accountable for what we say in our JOB. Influencing is a JOB, you get PAID for it. You are relying on the ENGAGEMENT and you FOLLOWERS to GENERATE your income. Yes, it is a country of FREE SPEECH, everyone can SPEAK their mind, but at the same time you need to ACCEPT what people think of you considering you are a PUBLIC FIGURE. It is your RESPONSIBILITY for what you say on your PLATFORM and you need to be held ACCOUNTABLE if your platform is toxic, as you are constantly under the SCRUNITY of public eye. Y'all going on about ANXIETY and complaining how our behaviour triggers your ANXIETY, have you thought what you say on your platform can also make people ANXIOUS? And now y'all crying on IG story "F YOU HATERS!" well F YOU TOO! It's a two-way street. I dont know which school y'all influencers go to but omg y'all living in one way street 🤮

• Heart
Reactions: 23
100% girl. If you are an influencers with 10k++ followers, you are RESPONSIBLE for what you say online. Saying "you can unfollow" me does not JUSTIFY and is a poor excuse of your crappy behaviour meaning you are not willing to be held accountable for what you said.

If our prime minister say all the wrong things and push her belief to people of NZ, do you think that is acceptable? She cant say 'just turn off the TV', or 'just leave NZ if you are not happy'. As the PM of NZ they need to be held accountable for what they say. Similarly, If I were in my day job (im talking about real job) and say offensive things to my client, my boss will tell me off, yeah? We all need to be held accountable for what we say in our JOB. Influencing is a JOB, you get PAID for it. You are relying on the ENGAGEMENT and you FOLLOWERS to GENERATE your income. Yes, it is a country of FREE SPEECH, everyone can SPEAK their mind, but at the same time you need to ACCEPT what people think of you considering you are a PUBLIC FIGURE. It is your RESPONSIBILITY for what you say on your PLATFORM and you need to be held ACCOUNTABLE if your platform is toxic, as you are constantly under the SCRUNITY of public eye. Y'all going on about ANXIETY and complaining how our behaviour triggers your ANXIETY, have you thought what you say on your platform can also make people ANXIOUS? And now y'all crying on IG story "F YOU HATERS!" well F YOU TOO! It's a two-way street. I dont know which school y'all influencers go to but omg y'all living in one way street 🤮
Preach!! Spot on! Amazingly said!

Yea, she looks so inspirational and helpful but she isn't, she doesn't ever message you first to see how your weeks going, the check-ins have changed a bit since I left but it's literally a round up of your weeks averages and that's sorta it. I think she like setting stuff up and being able to offer new things but then 🤷 duck it once your signed into the 12 week contract, I think she's massively over charging too, think it's about $120 per week from memory for one or two messages a week. When using MFP she just says pick the option with the most calories if your unsure, not actually any sound advice
$120 a week! What a con

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.