New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else feel like sponge bob is going to get a reality check really soon? Currently riding on her honeymoon stage but what happens when money starts running low. They literally sold their only asset to move so what happens when they eat up all the money from that? When number 6 gets here and hubby will have to be working around the clock to house and feed them and she has absolutely no one to help with kidsā€¦. Chances of a bank ever giving them a mortgage again with as many kids they have and no set income is 0 too. I worry for those kids. Their parents are making some extremely risky moves right now
I wouldnā€™t be surprised if her real ā€œgoalā€ is to become like OE where they just live off her Patreon.

Reactions: 5
Omg is she white passing? Did not know thatšŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I know right?! Minds being blown everywhere! šŸ¤ÆšŸ˜‚
---
I have LOTS to say tbh šŸ˜‚ especially about the car and car seat situation. It looks like a tit show, not gonna lie.
As an Aussie I'm blown away at how naive she is. And everytime she compares Aus to NZ she looks like a dip tit stuck in fairy land. I'm a part of many budget groups and a big chunk of the population are doing it so tough they aren't eating so their children can! Rents are sky rocketing, people are losing their houses and living in tents and these aren't people who were sadly already doing it tough, people desperately trying to find work, I'm also talking about people who have been working their arses off too. Even people with well paying jobs!

There are so many people suffering so for her to act like it's just so much better is a slap in the face. I get it, everywhere has people struggling but it's scary how bad it is here. I'm not saying its not horrific in NZ either but she seems to have this idea in her head and she's going to get a slap in the face wether she thinks it or not šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø And that's not me being pessimistic that's me being realistic, something she clearly struggles with.

Sorry for the mini rant but the way she's going on is a bit offensive and I may currently be struggling myself so taking things to heart. She can be optimistic but she's not being realistic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Obviously they sold the house in Hamilton and had some equity, I'm guessing, which they're living off. I'm not sure how they would have saved up 2-3 months' income/food costs on Scott's income with Spongebob working in retail, unless having more kids is a lot more lucrative than I thought. And their mortgage was in in the 600 000s so hardly small. I'm surprised it was servicable for them. But to spend that money on new everything... while paying for storage in NZ plus a $$$ homebirth midwife (is she too fancy for the regular midwives?). She lives in some sort of dream universe. But I guess soon the money will run out, they won't be eligible for the dole and Spongebob will be popping out #6 so it's not like she can work. Sure, it would work out for them but without a safety net, it just seems ridiculous. I don't know what a mechanic salary is, but I'm guessing if Scott can't get a full time's salary worth, he'll have to a job somewhere else.

Reactions: 13
I brought the tape from zazi too and was super super disappointed!!! We used it on our carpet for less than a day lol
I bought this kind of tape off aliexpress years ago. She did not DESIGN it lol! Apparently most of her stuff already exists on these kind of sites šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 7
As an Aussie I'm blown away at how naive she is. And everytime she compares Aus to NZ she looks like a dip tit stuck in fairy land. I'm a part of many budget groups and a big chunk of the population are doing it so tough they aren't eating so their children can! Rents are sky rocketing, people are losing their houses and living in tents and these aren't people who were sadly already doing it tough, people desperately trying to find work, I'm also talking about people who have been working their arses off too. Even people with well paying jobs!

There are so many people suffering so for her to act like it's just so much better is a slap in the face. I get it, everywhere has people struggling but it's scary how bad it is here. I'm not saying its not horrific in NZ either but she seems to have this idea in her head and she's going to get a slap in the face wether she thinks it or not šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø And that's not me being pessimistic that's me being realistic, something she clearly struggles with.

Sorry for the mini rant but the way she's going on is a bit offensive and I may currently be struggling myself so taking things to heart. She can be optimistic but she's not being realistic.
Completely agree with you here! Also so many people are homeless as they canā€™t get rentals yet she gets one straight away when that home could have been given to someone that already lives here!!

Reactions: 3
Completely agree with you here! Also so many people are homeless as they canā€™t get rentals yet she gets one straight away when that home could have been given to someone that already lives here!!
Yep first house they applied for! Meanwhile people have applied for 50+ homes and keep getting declined because there are just too many people needing a home and not enough available šŸ˜“ Our rent was $620/week, our landlords recently put it up to $670/week and we had no choice but to accept because there was no way we were going to try and find a new home with 4 kids and that was us being lucky šŸ˜“

What she said about finding that house rubbed me the wrong way too. It was along the lines of the relocation person they paid to help them had connections and could pull strings to find homes and basically get in first. If only the average family desperately trying to find anything but a tent to live in could do the same.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Yep first house they applied for! Meanwhile people have applied for 50+ homes and keep getting declined because there are just too many people needing a home and not enough available šŸ˜“ Our rent was $620/week, our landlords recently put it up to $670/week and we had no choice but to accept because there was no way we were going to try and find a new home with 4 kids and that was us being lucky šŸ˜“

What she said about finding that house rubbed me the wrong way too. It was along the lines of the relocation person they paid to help them had connections and could pull strings to find homes and basically get in first. If only the average family desperately trying to find anything but a tent to live in could do the same.
Yes exactly, itā€™s so unfair! Iā€™m in all the budget groups too and so many people are struggling šŸ˜”
Sheā€™s also going to definitely get knocked back when they apply for a mortgage as they are so strict nowadays, most people who are self employed get knocked back as businesses are going bust left right and centre and the more kids you have, the less you can borrow!

I also thought it was funny how she said fish and chips here is expensive? Itā€™s not, we get it as a cheap takeaway as all the other takeaway places are expensive šŸ˜‚ does she not realise itā€™s all locally sourced too šŸ˜‚ If youā€™ve gotta feed 7 people, of course anything is going to be expensive!

Reactions: 8
I didnā€™t say bypass donā€™t fail but itā€™s usually I likely as they legit have no stomach. Itā€™s not longer connected basically. Just statistically a sleeve is more likely to fail because the stomach can be stretched again
I agree with you that definitely more likely with the sleeve šŸ’Æ but I wouldnā€™t say that ā€œyou realistically cannot gain weightā€ is a true statement :)

Reactions: 2
What's so good about Australia anyway? Sorry Aussies, I love you and you're very good at sports but why take your whole family (still growing too with more babies being added) to basically another version of New Zealand except you are at the will of a country that is not your own? Why? NZ ain't the best, I know! But you're NZ citizens and the government here was happy to pay your tab. To me, the risk isn't worth the reward with that many children and having to rebuild a community.

Each to their own but she hasn't moved to Europe with a goal to have her children experience every culture they can by traveling as often as possible. She's moved them to Perth.

Reactions: 16

My sister has been living in a motel for 3 years with her son. My sister works, pays her taxes and has done so for years. Finau a dole bludging health-risk moves to NZ, never contributed a cent and gets given a house just like that. Itā€™s BS. NZ/Australia need to look after their own citizen first. So wrong!

They sold their first home and made quite a bit of money, then bought their Brady bunch home in Hamilton so they had a fair bit of equity which I assume they are living off. We would love to move to Aussie (hubby is Australian) but ainā€™t noway in hell I am selling my house at a loss and then paying someone elseā€™s mortgage. Not a sensible way at all to do. But to brag they got priority because they used a relocation company is just gross. She is such a bragger.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Why does Elle think we need a declutter fortnight? Stealing ideas from elsewhere and definitely doing a Simone! No one needs a checklist on how to clean and tidy each area of their house! Stop making out these are your ideas especially when they have been around for over four years!

• Angry
Yup, Elle. We absolutely do not need that. Or a demonstration of a daily outfit- why do people think we need that?

• Angry
I dunno if I missed something cos Iā€™m not always on social media, but does anyone know what happened to kristen in bloomā€™s other dog? Sheā€™s always showing the white one but before wren was born they had a Rottweiler too. Annie and Ivy I think.
Sheā€™s never mentioned the rottie for ages ! I hadnā€™t noticed but I bet she shipped her out to a new home. No doubt sheā€™d have at least mentioned the annoying barking !

Reactions: 2
Yup, Elle. We absolutely do not need that. Or a demonstration of a daily outfit- why do people think we need that?
Elle herself is becoming more like Simone. It just seems like another way to increase engagement. Welle club challenges to lose weight, and how Elle herself challenges to declutter the house, just like Simone pushes, complete with downloadable templates so we don't make a mistake and can tick the boxes when we've done it. Lots of head pats for being good humans and decluttering.
Probably sensible to have the "*take before picture** at the top of the list.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
What's so good about Australia anyway? Sorry Aussies, I love you and you're very good at sports but why take your whole family (still growing too with more babies being added) to basically another version of New Zealand except you are at the will of a country that is not your own? Why? NZ ain't the best, I know! But you're NZ citizens and the government here was happy to pay your tab. To me, the risk isn't worth the reward with that many children and having to rebuild a community.

Each to their own but she hasn't moved to Europe with a goal to have her children experience every culture they can by traveling as often as possible. She's moved them to Perth.
I think she came here for the warmer weather and the beaches but itā€™s not been warm as itā€™s winter even though she thinks 15 degrees is warm šŸ™„ I canā€™t wait for them to get a shock in summer as itā€™s very hot, most days itā€™s 35 and over in summer haha

There are a lot of people from NZ that live in WA too, a lot of them work in the mines so she isnā€™t the first person to move from NZ to Aus. A few of my good friends are from NZ

I completely agree though, sheā€™s mid pregnancy and made a big move like that is not ideal. But each to their own. Sheā€™ll get a wake up call soon Iā€™m sure!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.