Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

chipolatesandwich

Chatty Member
Look, I realise I am going about this. It’s new information for me how Empire/Embassy/Em works. I had never really heard of her until the patreon increase post (other than comments on Tattle of course) so it’s been a deep dive. So basically she is making $120k+ just off patreon members. For doing what the fuck? Administering a FB group? People work so so so so hard to earn less than that and don’t get to go to the beach all day, have repeated naps, do a few minutes of work a day, post a few reels, cook a meal and have more naps.
I DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW THIS IS HAPPENING? WHAT AM I MISSING? Someone please tell me. I am losing sleep over this situation. (Also why didn’t I think of it first?)

Reactions: 28

hazelnot

Chatty Member
So greedy. Also basically promoting a company that most likely exploits child labour. Sure free money is great, but maybe think about what's behind it.
I’ve been SPAMMED by Temu invites today, including one from a hardcore antivaxxer friend who went HARD on conspiracy theories and was super vocal about all things QAnon and being anti-government. I do not understand being outraged over those mostly (if not all) made-up things, but openly tautoko exploitation and environmental damage because you get a few bucks from it?

Make it make sense.

Emily Writes actually summed it up beautifully today:

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 27

Heidihi

People can moan all they want about Temu and other fast fashion/fast consumerism sites but coming off like you’re better than others because you buy from small/local business is not the tahi. There are so many factors to consider when you are on a limited budget and unfortunately ethical practices won’t be top of the list. It is an absolute privilege to be able to pick and choose where you put your money when you actually have money…
These people pushing Temu and shein have money im broke and Im not going to exploit a mum in china so I can have some fast fashion you don’t have to buy local to not force a mum and her kid to do slave labour for you you are showing your privilege by ignoring the plight of Asian women in forced labour

Reactions: 26

Heidihi

Couple of things.

Skete is a 'know all, fuck all' with a superiority complex.

Us "Tattle fuckwits" have single-handedly raised more money for the women's refuge than arguably any other group in existence. On Scamone Anderson's page, we've been buying (donating) WR 'safe nights' for ages, to offset the thousands in donations that Scamone ripped off. THIS is where the Influenzas' got that idea to do that... From the tattle fuckwits.

So STFU Skete and co, stay in your lane, and keep using tattle for your ever-increasingly irrelevant 'gram!
What has Skete done for others she is on such a high horse in her stores she called out Emily saying shes a white influencer who doesn’t care about people in her own back yard when the first post on her page is a fundraiser for sexual abuse victims from yesterday and all her posts are about cost of living and helping people and she has a charity she runs which I can’t remember the name of you can say what you want about Emily but saying she doesn’t do anything for people is not even believable is it I know Im defending her heaps but she is so nice she dropped a meal to me in hospital when my child was sick and she doesnt even know me I told a friend and she said she and her husband both work at the soup kitchen on tory st I dont know anyone who has met her who doesn’t think shes real nice and any time I send her a dm she is acknowles it and answers questions or says something nice one of the few nice influencers who doesn’t do adds

hazelnot

Chatty Member
Even if you overlook the sustainability and exploitation issues, the data theft aspect of Temu is really worrying. It’s wild to think Holly May believes a faceless Chinese company she’s just signed all of her privacy over to, that’s already committed malware offences, would have her best interests at heart more than Emily Writes. Every single person following that line of thinking doesn’t just lack intelligence, they lack imagination.

Let’s say it louder for the people in the back: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FREE MONEY. Allowing some random company to use your image and data ANY way they like, with NO legal repercussions, should ring massive alarm bells. This doesn’t feel like “clever marketing”, this feels like “you’re the product.” If Temu aren’t using your data themselves, they’re selling it. Cyber crime is massive - how good to get all that information you’d normally risk prison for, risk-free?

I just really hope nobody’s life ends up being ruined by this. Financial crime feels like the tip of the iceberg with this one … sooo much could be done with your images & data. And how coincidental they’ve launched in NZ at the same time our cost of living crisis and looming recession is being widely publicised? It smacks of preying on the vulnerable. It’s disgusting. And yet Holly May would rather attack somebody calling it out for what it is; trying to protect people, than consider the validity of what Emily’s actually saying.

And whether you feel personally okay about benefit fraud or not, surely anyone can see it’s short-sighted for someone in Talz’ position to publicise how much money she’s just made and how. Everyone knows this country loves to shit on the poor and go after people breaking the rules at that end of the socio-economic scale, not the other (where there’s way more money to be found). People on the benefit or PPL are low-hanging fruit to our justice system, and there are so many dickhead narks on the internet just waiting to stir that shit up.

redka

Any Intel on Jazz Thornton and her boyfriend?
---
I went to school with him. He’s in the film industry, was nice enough but kinda undercover egotistical
---
If they've known him for that long, why's it taken her so long to post this
Maybe this is mean. I do genuinely feel for their situation, it’s horrific. But what about all the families going through the exact same thing, but who have no platform to raise $210k (they’re up to $190k in like two weeks) and so their loved one is just left to die? I’d much rather donate to a family like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
I love how skeet says “if my words hurt you, please ask yourself why?” - how about these influencers actually take responsibility for their hurtful words and actions instead of believing they are above everyone.

Actually feel shit for Emily. HM making out like Talz did what she did to feed her family….just gross manic behaviour. Hope Emily is ok!

Hey babes, it takes 9 months to grow a baby. So if you had the baby at 16 you could have been 15 when you got pregnant. That’s why I said 15/16. Thanks for clarifying though. A 21 year old man and a 16 yo child is still weird imo. But lucky that’s just my opinion.
And they were obviously together way longer? What she met him one day, moved in and planned the baby all in one week?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
So much judgement. Clearly it is for the child. They are old enough that they can refuse if they don't want it. As someone with a 4.5yo who still likes boob at night can assure you it definitely isn't me but them wanting the comfort. I mean lots of much older kids still suck their thumb or have a blankie - this is just a different kind of comfort. I imagine she will probably self wean not long after starting school anyway tbh.
It’s tattle. The whole site is judgement. Are you new here lol

• Haha

tryharder

VIP Member
I was one of the ones who messaged Skete - only a week or so ago she said she was no longer doing Feedback Friday because she didn't want to encourage consumerism and then gets on this bandwagon - no integrity. She sent me a suuuuuuper passive aggressive response too
Skete is a bottom feeder. Absolute scum. No integrity. But preaches to everyone from her self-made pedestal (or pedal stool as some say). Lives up to her name …. 🍆 💦

• Haha