New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean there are people who make their whole online presence about being a "mommy". So the idea of a child-free account isn't crazy imo. Some things may not be impossible but are easier without children for example. It's the way she goes at people in the comments for suggesting "hey maybe this isn't a childfree-specific activity" or whatever which is a problem. She needs to chill on the "clap backs" and whiney videos about other peoples opinions. The ones who go on the most about not caring what other people think are the moooost sensitive.

Reactions: 13
It is Very easy to borrow against a mortgage once you have or bank of mom and dad like most of these young ones. Administration jobs don’t rank high on the pay scale
It’s very hard to borrow against a mortgage if you can’t afford it
even with the bank of mum or dad backing you
You are right about admin wages though

Reactions: 2
I mean there are people who make their whole online presence about being a "mommy". So the idea of a child-free account isn't crazy imo. Some things may not be impossible but are easier without children for example. It's the way she goes at people in the comments for suggesting "hey maybe this isn't a childfree-specific activity" or whatever which is a problem. She needs to chill on the "clap backs" and whiney videos about other peoples opinions. The ones who go on the most about not caring what other people think are the moooost sensitive.
This x100 😂 It also screams to me how inauthentic she is in it. The less true something is for you, the louder you shout about it. If she was truly into it, she’d just have a rad account that happened to touch on childfree discussion semi regularly in a meaningful way. Not repeat itself and defend the point relentlessly all day err’day. Who are you trying to convince? 🤔

It didn’t come to her organically. She spotted a niche and moved into it, strategically. “As long as it gets engagement I’ll keep talking about it!!!” Okay, cool story bro. Authentic as.

Reactions: 15
I am all for influencers keeping it real especially regarding being a parent, but Sera is constantly plastering her poor crying son over her page. I mean, can you imagine being a fly on that wall and seeing this mum standing over her son, randomly filming him hysterically crying on the floor???? Stuff like this doesn't need to be posted all the time (if at all). Please just have some dignity for you children 😬

Attachments

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
There’s a difference between being fatphobic and giving someone who is very very obese tools and options for them to live a healthier life and avoid further health complications.

I feel like I can kinda guess where you’re going with that comment and while I think the BMI calculator can get in the bin and that doctors have no right to tell those who are genuinely healthy but happen to weigh a lot due to muscle mass etc that they need to lose weight, but there’s also a point where they have a duty of care to their patients and helping them live lives that aren’t filled with obesity-related health issues is a huge part of that.
Statistically speaking, recommending weight loss isn’t actually evidence-based advice because only a VERY small amount of people are actually able to sustain intentional weight loss. Upwards of 80% of people just end up heavier within 2-5 years.

By all means, advise people to eat well and be active and have good lifestyle habits etc but weight loss is so far from effective that if it was a medication it wouldn’t even get close to being approved.

Reactions: 6
Statistically speaking, recommending weight loss isn’t actually evidence-based advice because only a VERY small amount of people are actually able to sustain intentional weight loss. Upwards of 80% of people just end up heavier within 2-5 years.

By all means, advise people to eat well and be active and have good lifestyle habits etc but weight loss is so far from effective that if it was a medication it wouldn’t even get close to being approved.
Thank you. This is it. However, I have been secretly amused at people who clearly have no medical qualifications giving medical advice for fat people here. It’s amazing. I guess anyone on tattle can pretend they know what doctors should do 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Speaking of Marnie’s new biz, can anyone recommend a knit kit that isn’t sold by such a problematic person?
There is a company called ‘Monday Journal’ who sell knit kits! They are based in Wānaka. I don’t know anything about the owners though

Thank you. This is it. However, I have been secretly amused at people who clearly have no medical qualifications giving medical advice for fat people here. It’s amazing. I guess anyone on tattle can pretend they know what doctors should do 😂
Oh get a grip!

• Haha
I am all for influencers keeping it real especially regarding being a parent, but Sera is constantly plastering her poor crying son over her page. I mean, can you imagine being a fly on that wall and seeing this mum standing over her son, randomly filming him hysterically crying on the floor???? Stuff like this doesn't need to be posted all the time (if at all). Please just have some dignity for you children 😬
She comes across like she is always complaining about her kids almost like it's the cool thing to do. Yet she wants more babies 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Sick
Reactions: 6
This is rough. Imagine feeling like this as an adult and someone who you would expect to care for you takes their phone out, records you and posts it online for randoms to watch.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
OMG thank you for bringing this up, but yes she has definitely lost heaps of weight!
She has Lipodema which makes a person a lot “bigger” than they really are. She has also spoken recently about prioritising her health. She’s an active person - she walks daily and swims regularly and she has a healthy diet. I think she has lost weight organically through these positive lifestyle changes rather than a surgery. WLS isn’t going to help her Lipodema and she has to wear compression leggings daily for this. I think she’s a super cool person and would probably feel a bit weird about being discussed in here over her weight.

Reactions: 8
She has Lipodema which makes a person a lot “bigger” than they really are. She has also spoken recently about prioritising her health. She’s an active person - she walks daily and swims regularly and she has a healthy diet. I think she has lost weight organically through these positive lifestyle changes rather than a surgery. WLS isn’t going to help her Lipodema and she has to wear compression leggings daily for this. I think she’s a super cool person and would probably feel a bit weird about being discussed in here over her weight.
Yup it’s gross how her weight has been discussed in here. Problematic behaviour, go for gold. But the discussion about weight can get in the bin.

Reactions: 11
I agree. I tried to make this point earlier, ripping on people for their bodies is gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.