New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From the looks of the comments the other day, people aren't even saying she can't post her thoughts/feelings/problems. They're just recommending she not single out her one child with his name and face all over those types of posts. Just say "my child" or even "my feelings are x" and leave it at that. Then at least it can be ambiguous as to which one you're referring to. Just depersonalise it.
Marnie’s whining today is EXACTLY the same as when she got called out about her bs biz (what’s happening with that anyway 🤪) “a few people have been negative but everyone else is supportive” she said that back then and the same thing again today. bleeping listen to the squeaky wheels Marnie and stop hanging your kid out to dry on the bleeping internet

Reactions: 11
nt2SL5R.png

Just gonna go into this because... there's so much wrong here.
This is way too long but it was cathartic, as an autistic woman who has dealt with bullshit like this from 'autism moms' who treat actual autistic people like we are incompetent and/or not worth listening to.

---

1. How was it toxic? Please elaborate. What's toxic about posting about talking about your children respectfully, even if they have *gasp* neurodivergence?

2. "I'm an ND mum" - you are ND yourself or you're a mum to a child who is neurodivergent? Or both? Because these things are quiiite different.

3. There is absolutely a way to be REAL without shitting on your kid. Neurodivergent children are still worthy of respect, of privacy, of being the ones in charge of what they share and don't.

4. This sentence is just so fucked. "I'm embarrassed I ever enjoyed Emily's content" - for someone who's decided they feel like if you don't agree with Emily, you are banished, you are pretty damn quick to decide she's banished from YOUR life as well as your past, since you disagree with her here lol.
"Women shouldn't tear other women down like this" - IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING WOMEN. This is white feminist bullshit. Not only CAN women disagree with each other, we SHOULD disagree with each other. How can people learn and grow if they just sit in an echo chamber of "you go girl!"? That's pathetic.

5. Yeah but no, some opinions are tit. Your apparent opinion of "I should be allowed to complain about my neurodivergent child as much as I want publicly because it's my reality" is yours, sure, but I don't have to respect it or agree with it. I think it's "toxic" and unkind to your child.

6. As I mentioned above... this feels like projection since it's exactly what you proposed to do with Emily in general. I think this is your insecurity speaking.
Secondly... Emily wrote a couple of instagram stories about the topic, with no names mentioned. Many people didn't even know who they -might- even reference. She didn't message it to Marnie, she didn't MAKE anyone read it, or agree with it. Frankly, Emily probably doesn't even know you exist and won't miss your follow. The whole "banished" thing is very melodramatic.

7. The Pebbles Hooper comparison is bleeping hilarious. Pebbles wrote that tit about "natural selection" in a really inappropriate circumstance among other things. Emily Writes uh... wrote a few instagram stories discussing respecting your neurodivergent children and social media boundaries. If these are equivalent to you, I think *you* are the issue here.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
View attachment 1903522

This is way too long but it was cathartic, as an autistic woman who has dealt with bullshit like this from 'autism moms' who treat actual autistic people like we are incompetent and/or not worth listening to.

---

1. How was it toxic? Please elaborate. What's toxic about posting about talking about your children respectfully, even if they have *gasp* neurodivergence?

2. "I'm an ND mum" - you are ND yourself or you're a mum to a child who is neurodivergent? Or both? Because these things are quiiite different.

3. There is absolutely a way to be REAL without shitting on your kid. Neurodivergent children are still worthy of respect, of privacy, of being the ones in charge of what they share and don't.

4. This sentence is just so fucked. "I'm embarrassed I ever enjoyed Emily's content" - for someone who's decided they feel like if you don't agree with Emily, you are banished, you are pretty damn quick to decide she's banished from YOUR life as well as your past, since you disagree with her here lol.
"Women shouldn't tear other women down like this" - IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH BEING WOMEN. This is white feminist bullshit. Not only CAN women disagree with each other, we SHOULD disagree with each other. How can people learn and grow if they just sit in an echo chamber of "you go girl!"? That's pathetic.

5. Yeah but no, some opinions are tit. Your apparent opinion of "I should be allowed to complain about my neurodivergent child as much as I want publicly because it's my reality" is yours, sure, but I don't have to respect it or agree with it. I think it's "toxic" and unkind to your child.

6. As I mentioned above... this feels like projection since it's exactly what you proposed to do with Emily in general. I think this is your insecurity speaking.
Secondly... Emily wrote a couple of instagram stories about the topic, with no names mentioned. Many people didn't even know who they -might- even reference. She didn't message it to Marnie, she didn't MAKE anyone read it, or agree with it. Frankly, Emily probably doesn't even know you exist and won't miss your follow. The whole "banished" thing is very melodramatic.

7. The Pebbles Hooper comparison is bleeping hilarious. Pebbles wrote that tit about "natural selection" in a really inappropriate circumstance among other things. Emily Writes uh... wrote a few instagram stories discussing respecting your neurodivergent children and social media boundaries. If these are equivalent to you, I think *you* are the issue here.
The most ridiculous part is that Emily is always sharing about HER ND child but in a way that is respectful of him.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: 18
The most ridiculous part is that Emily is always sharing about HER ND child but in a way that is respectful of him.
[/QUOTE]
Exactly this. So much love for him and really celebrates his neurodivergence without always talking about it. Never compares him to her older son who is neurotypical either.

Reactions: 16
View attachment 1903522

---

I don’t know who you are but I LOVE YOU X genuinely

And now officially Em chiming in on “her friend being targeted” oh my god, get a clue!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don’t know who you are but I LOVE YOU X genuinely

And now officially Em chiming in on “her friend being targeted” oh my god, get a clue!
Where is this? Of course she has to try to get attention. We will get a post of shells soon with: “thoughts from my patreon that I need to share here but also if you’re on my close friends you’d know. People say Em you’re such a good mum but actually sometimes I get stressed and we need to be REAL!” Then she will get comments saying “you are SO REAL EM!”

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Wait there's more 😅
So it’s okay to for ‘her’ mental health that she bashes her child online and makes it sound like she hates him but god forbid anyone tries to stand up for his mental health and tries to advocate for him - no! Naughty people how dare you care about a small child over an adult who is fully aware of everything!! 🙄🙄

Reactions: 10
I love Cherie haha she was going thru dinner - “here the kids are having whatever is left in the fridge so that should make you feel better about whatever you’re feeding your kids” a pack of ham, some noodles and some token cucumber for good measure, love it 😂
Kit is such a lil king! 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Marnie's followers are delusional. Like her.

Their are so many wonderful parents of ND kids in that space that share their experience and challenges without outing their child/children.

The whole point is, share your struggles Marnie, it's hard bloody work no doubt about it. But have some respect for your kids while you do it. It's hard enough for them out there as it is (this won't change if we don't call out tit like this)

Reactions: 13
Marnie's followers are delusional. Like her.

Their are so many wonderful parents of ND kids in that space that share their experience and challenges without outing their child/children.

The whole point is, share your struggles Marnie, it's hard bloody work no doubt about it. But have some respect for your kids while you do it. It's hard enough for them out there as it is (this won't change if we don't call out tit like this)
Also it’s not just about that one post she made. She speaks awfully about him all the time.

View attachment 1903572
I have a baby Lulu’s age and this freaked me out!
Agree. This is totally irresponsible.

Reactions: 8
And what's the general opinion on Anna and Jay Reeve?
I don't know them (obviously) but he strikes me as a good guy. I liked listening to him and Flynny when they hosted afternoons on ZM - was quite surprised when they went separate ways.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.