New Zealand Influencers and Public Figures #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes that's it! She's young and clearly struggling with her mental health, I've tried to gently have conversations with her about it in the past because she seemed to be severely struggling with anxiety/health anxiety, but she was adamant she was fine and knew best. She just doesn't seem receptive to other ways of thinking until she comes to that conclusion herself, and I find it hard to trust someone I follow when they're constantly flip flopping around on opinions etc. I worry she's created a little echo chamber around herself and relies on that for support, when some therapy would be better.
I do believe she’s a great mumma and loves being a mum but golly she chops and changes and just seems super high or low. I just really worry that no one’s looking out for her or the people around her might not realise how unstable she is. 😞

Reactions: 3
Zazi plays is all ads but she’s sneaky about it saying “link on my website” but it’s lots of gifted stuff or affiliate codes etc. she started off with some great ideas but now seems to think she is the ultimate parenting expert. I don’t believe she’s even been a slt for very long but talks like she’s done it for 67 years. And it’s all reels these days.

Simone is the absolute worst. I asked her why she doesn’t keep her bags in their dust bags / boxes and I was blocked 😂 obviously all fakes or she wouldn’t be so offended lol. Her scamming money from womens refuge and paying big money for a lawyer to make it go away just sums her up 🤮

Reactions: 12
Went to see stuffreneesays based on this chat - stories of herself filming while driving 🤦🏽‍♀️ Nope can’t do that. No IG story is worth that kinda risk especially with kids in the car. You’re content isn’t worth it
She was on her driveway when she was driving and talking, it was quite obvious

Reactions: 6
Simone Anderson - the worst of the worst. Professional parasite. How many times does she need to be investigated by the Advertising Standards Authority before people realise how fake and problematic she is? I reckon there are a lot of inactive accounts, and hate followers making up her numbers. Will keep having kids til she has a girl - because a girl will bring in a lot of new brands. Hope she is keeping some of the revenue from the ads where she exploits her kids, for their counselling sessions when they are older.

Not everyone calling you out on your bullshit Simone is "bullying" you. You mention in one of your latest posts "your job is not to listen to it". But maybe you should. Maybe you should listen to the damage you are doing to your vulnerable followers.
She is a walking billboard, has literally sold out her life. Nothing she posts is genuine at all.

She makes her life look so amazing but I just could not fathom being a slave to advertising my life.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There is a wannabe influencer who has quite a large following... she's not been mentioned in here and I bet it's absolutely killing her deep down. She'll want nothing more than to be talked about.
I'm not saying her name though 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 18
There is a wannabe influencer who has quite a large following... she's not been mentioned in here and I bet it's absolutely killing her deep down. She'll want nothing more than to be talked about.
Well of course we all want to know now!

Reactions: 7
Give us a clue 🕵️‍♀️

Reactions: 3
To be fair since all the newbies arrived on this forum after skeet-gate I have no idea who all these people are that you’re talking about

To be fair since all the newbies arrived on this forum after skeet-gate I have no idea who all these people are that you’re talking about
For people I like to follow
-Emma This Miss Flips, hopefully doesn’t become a #ad because I like her content
-Jules Matthews, defo not over the top and seems like a lovely soul
-Morgan Edwards, defo not there for the #ad
-Kittys Kitchen, because FOOD!!

Reactions: 5
I'll never say who it is.
Just a musing I had earlier when I saw a post.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
So did her husband, went to a very prestigious school. Their house looks so dirty. I feel sorry for her children, she puts so much about them online and a lot of it, is really negative. She clearly has disdain for the middle child. She is always saying she’s in a funk then the next minute she’s dancing around the beach like some kind of lost balloon, she seems to have genuine mental health issues (which is fine, god don’t we all) but does utterly nothing practical about solving them, just woo woo “I had a muffin and listened to Florence and the machine and now I’m great!”
I followed marnies_world_ when she was just under her business account but quickly realised she wasn't for me. Definitely disdain for her middle child not perfectly fitting the chilled, easy going, hippie life she is cultivating. Just checked her out again and it is so sad to see her oversharing her son's behaviour and challenges, and theories over a diagnosis. Seriously private information that she shouldn't be sharing without his permission.

Also gross that she sold a tshirt saying "not crazy, just sick of this tit". She acts all like pro mental health then uses a word ("crazy") that perpetuates stigma.

Reactions: 10
Maria accidentally influenced me to see what this is about and sign up to an account! Haha. I do like her, she seems like a nice person although I usually can't stand these muminfluencers. Other people I love following:
Jessie Guru - shares some thought provoking content and all her ads are always so engaging
Greer Louise - I love how real she is all the time and takes no tit
Fiona Goddard - clearly really into that aesthetic
Hannah Laity - ok, although seems to be trying too hard to be relatable. She was once having a whinge about how Chanel bags are expensive as if we all don't know how rich she is
Emily Writes - her newsletter is so good and I love how anti influencer she is that she's become one
Rebecca Keil - probably the only true blue mummy blogger I really follow. Plus her kids are so cute! I also love how honest she is and just share really relatable content. Very Kiwi and down to earth
Jess Molina - gets shared by Jessie Guru and Greer Louise a lot. Doesn't seem to do as many ads as others but today posted about how she struggled as an immigrant and it's amazing to read about the hard work instead of #ads

Reactions: 7
Maria accidentally influenced me to see what this is about and sign up to an account! Haha. I do like her, she seems like a nice person although I usually can't stand these muminfluencers. Other people I love following:
Jessie Guru - shares some thought provoking content and all her ads are always so engaging
Greer Louise - I love how real she is all the time and takes no tit
Fiona Goddard - clearly really into that aesthetic
Hannah Laity - ok, although seems to be trying too hard to be relatable. She was once having a whinge about how Chanel bags are expensive as if we all don't know how rich she is
Emily Writes - her newsletter is so good and I love how anti influencer she is that she's become one
Rebecca Keil - probably the only true blue mummy blogger I really follow. Plus her kids are so cute! I also love how honest she is and just share really relatable content. Very Kiwi and down to earth
Jess Molina - gets shared by Jessie Guru and Greer Louise a lot. Doesn't seem to do as many ads as others but today posted about how she struggled as an immigrant and it's amazing to read about the hard work instead of #ads
Welcome! I think most people come here from.the influencers themselves complaining about it 😂

I don't get Hannah Laity.... She is a chartered accountant, they are super rich - why with this influencer nonsense?

Reactions: 4
Welcome! I think most people come here from.the influencers themselves complaining about it 😂

I don't get Hannah Laity.... She is a chartered accountant, they are super rich - why with this influencer nonsense?
I agree!
She’s a Director of Me Today, she’s an accountant, her family own 3B, her husband is a rugby player! Influencing seems so greedy on top of her already huge wealth!

Reactions: 5
I don’t know if anyone has mentioned this but I had to unfollow Ellie’s Belly because she would not stop flogging those bleeping candles!! We get it, you make candles but duck me she was promoting them daily.. 😡

Reactions: 14
I like Thestyleaesthetic - she’s smaller but quite wholesome. Danceswithlonewolves is a badass single mama with great thoughts, also a teacher. 😊
I've followed Jules for years, her recipes are great esp the brioche one

Found this from HCHM stories lol. I do like Maria though, I wouldn't follow her if I didn't.

On that note, I'm so glad the majority of accounts I follow are the general favs. Love Rebecca, especially Aggy. Always wondered what happened with Jared and if he cheated but glad they've worked it out. He obviously loves his kids, it's so cute.

Summer Brons has been a fav for years. Can't stand Dan though, and how he'd never put in any effort for Valentines for her? And she'd always make excuses for him. duck that. If he loved her, he'd make an effort. Wish her all the success with her business though! It's good stuff lol

So years ago, I'm sure I read an article that said Jules brought on investors with two islands, that didn't want Libby onboard? Because she was away a lot or something. So they bought her out, and then she started dose and co with their brother. Memory is hazy but I think that was the gist of it.

Have also wondered why Cherie is friends with Bets. I buy so much P&M tit, have kitco and cain and abel knives. Whatever Cherie is selling, I'm buying. I always had a weird feeling that Shannon wasn't too happy with how quickly Cherie became successful but what do I know. Love the Kit content though. Pepper is also a cutie.

Pretty disappointed with how Skete turned out. No one wants to be a bully. But holy tit some of these IG influences could do with a couple serves of humble pie 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.