Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ovasee

How did Moochstyles get people’s email address from the site?

kudos though for reflecting on the comments in here
He won’t have peoples email addresses, tattle does not share these. I agree though, check out some of the UK threads they’re absolutely scathing! No idea who he was until tattle but watched his story and good on him for that reflection. He must have got the emails through the fb page he also discussed

Reactions: 7
Moochstyles had a big whinge because people were negative about his house and free kitchen, saying he just used Aikmans as a reference point but come on that is such a central Merivale location and associated with good Chch suburbs you can’t tell me he wasn’t trying to allude to being in a better suburb than he is 🙄 and as for the ‘security concerns’ they posted all about their house sale, open homes and auction for their new house so they haven’t ever kept it private. Said he was going to reevaluate being on the platform but no mention of that this morning.

I agree there is no need to be nasty, especially about someone’s appearance and I actually like aspects of most of these influencers but a lot of the discussion on here relates to aspects where they are out of touch with reality or their privilege (Simone, Ellie etc) and they actually would do quite well to take it on board and public acknowledge it. Instead, they double down on this narrative that we are all haters and just because they have a platform doesn’t mean they should cop any kind of constructive criticism etc.

tryhards

He done a couple of things and a few steps taken before he hit the tree at speed, and the coroner confirmed suicide, however she hasn’t spoken about that side of it which I don’t blame her.
So why talk about such a personal thing publicly when the family hasn’t? This is not ok.

hashtagadintinywhitefont

I think she addressed that in one of her questions saying the water was fairly safe and pointing out that brown didn’t mean super diseased or anything.
I really like Morgan. Super generous with her time doing question boxes and gets help on stuff she doesn’t know and shares her knowledge quite freely and nothing is #ad or #spon.

I think it’s just a risk assessment on the car seats in other countries and it’s different to here. They had them if the needed them.

Lrswgtn

Yep @tryhards…sounds like you need to go and create a rave thread about Simone and hang out there instead

when Simone had the question box I asked if Asher goes to daycare. I can no longer she her highlights or stories! I can through my dogs account so she has semi blocked me hahah
Standard practice for her. If she restricts people, they can’t see her stories but her followers don’t go down.
Seems very strange behavior for someone who preaches “it only matters if you like yourself”

So who DOES everyone like to follow?
I’m a bit past the mumaccount stage and don’t really find value in those, no shade.
I do like katiehawkey though and appreciate she has a job as well.
clearly love me a midwife follow because I also like carmenlett. Jessingh is a reno account I enjoy. Also eviekemp. The_macpherson_diaries for fooooood 🤤 I loved following kirsteninblooms journey and found her sharing refreshing especially having been there but now I feel like the baby is a cash ticket. Anything pimping a thermomix is out for me and if a dyson pops up (they’re actual shit) I’m done. 🤣🤣

Is it just me or does anyone else feel Seb Loves who was begging for donations for months to bring her brother home from overseas got what she wanted before doing a 180 and being all about anti vax/freedom etc?? It felt like she held off her opinions until she had the money (a big amount too!) and then as soon as he was on his way back she went all nuts about the vaccine/going off grid etc. just doesn’t sit right with me 🤷🏻‍♀️ Now her page Rustic River and all she talked extensively about downsizing, going off grid and living the simple life……all sounded very wholesome except her life to me looks just like her previous life, she is all about the aesthetic’s, her pool they have to get etc…..I wouldn’t say that’s the simple life? And fair enough to choose homeschooling but don’t compare your kids playing down the garden in a pop up tent as all the learning they need. She can’t see things from others point of view, just belittles anyone who doesn’t share her views, gross.
this woman confuses me. She can’t see her own privilege or refuses to acknowledge it. It’s always followed with a poor me and my upbringing explanation. Also I’m not anti religion but the found god bull crap does my head in. She is just repeating her life in a new location with a higher than thou attitude, if you want to change. Get off the gram.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

zeroeffstogive

gotta be honest I have no idea who Cherie is lol
Her business Pepper and Me, became successful thanks to Jordan Whittakers following and sharing her products etc. then other influencers got on board and she’s continued growing… hard working family buisness, great products, lovely lady with gorgeous kids.
No idea why her and her husband split but they seemed very different people, he seemed lovely, but a lot quieter, shy and prob not into the social scene, where as Cherie’s outgoing and the complete opposite, so that had to contribute, both seem lovely and seem to co-parent really well.
She is a boss babe and her brother Lorne seems a really genuine nice guy aswell.

RawlingsBlue

Chatty Member
First time posting but in regards to Simone, I couldn’t think of anything worse than being stuck in a cabin doing nothing all weekend 😆 especially with my 10 month old baby. We have babies 5 days apart.

• Haha

GIDDAYTEAM

Yup Shayden fan girled over meeting Simone at pottery barn opening at ballentynes in chch. I used to enjoy their content but now…yawn.
This whole move to YouTube and reveals instead of engaging their Insta following and showing the real time footage has me bored. And the fact that Georgia is so uninterested 😂
Uninterested? I feel like she is uninteresting. So unnatural on camera and no charisma.
I also feel like her fashion is super basic but they act like she is some unique style icon.

Shes a fraud and at guess wants to be an influencer! I made the mistake of sending her a message about my views on moochstyle and his free but "paid" for vanilla kitchen, his bagging of bunnings because he didn't get a free kitchen from them after he's received 1000s of free stuff from them over the years. The guys a tard and can't even keep track of his lies, Even implies he lives in a desirable area! "Close to Aikmans" name drop.. reality he brought an overpriced state house down the road from the mongrel mob! I know because I live on the same street.. also made the mistake of commenting that Ellie has no real idea of struggle! She has a rich privileged upbringing drives expensive cars eats a massive amount of crap and now has a business supported by Daddy.
Skete told tales on me, and now I am blocked 🚫
Side comment Danni has major issues and in my opinion uses husband for a source of income and jumps on any bandwagon aiming to gain followers.
@influencers of course we form opinions of you, based on what you project to the world.. why is it only ok for you to have dribble opinions and content, and block anyone that doesn't agree..
These are just my opinions based on the content I see, and should be viewed as satire.
Interesting about the overpriced statehouse! I feel like they got really 'up themselves' when they brought that house. I saw her on camera once being all "oh no don't show them until its finished" like calm down your reno isn't that amazing.

YouveAllBeenAsking

Chatty Member
Ah yes. 16 extra sachets of #spon lemon and lime juice, stored neatly away in a #spon storage basket because the perfectly arranged fridge is just too overstuffed with #spon groceries to fit them in.

Such relatable. Much content.
BACK STOCK! hahahahaha. In the #spon basket, with the #spon labels she still gets sent to her even though she has a #gifted Cricut machine we have seen her use once. Fuck sake, you can leave a basket unlabelled.

Who needs $94 of lemon and lime juice? I can't imagine being so needlessly greedy. It's like she's stocking up for the apocalypse.

zeroeffstogive

I must admit I enjoy following Gemma McCaw. No ads. Her kids faces never feature on camera. She gives glimpses into what her life with Richie is like, but doesn’t overdo it. She also seems genuinely grateful for the help she receives from her mum.

I enjoy her also, her mum is amazing, such a lovely lady, also love how they are a bit awkward on camera etc. no arrogance about them at all.

simoneanderscam

Chatty Member
Went to see stuffreneesays based on this chat - stories of herself filming while driving 🤦🏽‍♀️ Nope can’t do that. No IG story is worth that kinda risk especially with kids in the car. You’re content isn’t worth it

The only kiwis I follow are Emily Writes, Anika Moa, Awhina-Rose Ashby, and Quad Mum Plus One.

Emily has a closed account and you need to answer a few questions before she will let you follow her. She isn't chasing the followers, doesn't do ads, and provides very good content on her insta and her newsletter. She has written two excellent books, and has one on the way. Isn't really an influencer - well of shitty products - but she has influenced my thinking on many areas of life from LGBTQI+ to ableism to capitalism. She isn't all serious topics though and bonus she is funny too. I also respect that she asks for her kids for permission before sharing anything about themselves and respects her husband's request to remain anonymous.

Anika is a public figure rather than an influencer, but is great to follow. Doesn't push for followers, does the occasional ad but isn't pushy, and overall is very real and relatable for someone who is actually famous (rather than the influencers). Doesn't overshare about her life - shows her kids but keeps a lot private and was very discrete about her breakup.

Awhina-Rose Ashby is an actor and is very very funny. Does a few ads but normally makes them funny especially her period underwear ads.

Quad Mum plus one reluctantly is in this game but she was getting so many requests for updates on her quads. She is very careful with what she shares about her life and kids (especially medical details) but has been very generous with showing us what life is like with quads and another child. Does the occasional ad like for nappies, which who can blame her? Four bums is a lot. Does Aimn 🤮, but isn't pushy and is easy to scroll past. She gets a lot of "expert parents" telling her what to do - unsurprisingly none have raised quads.

MrsEyeroll

VIP Member
sooooo annoying! I can’t watch. Everytime she refers to them as “the kiddies” drives me nuts. And is it ever not “movie day“ at their place, I get it’s only a snippet of the day but do they ever actually go and do anything other than tv/iPad?? Poor kids, meanwhile mums just having another day making scrolls while trying to flog another thermomix 🤪
When she says having a lazy day as if that's not every day 😂

• Haha

biscotti22

Probably unpopular opinion, but I'm not a fan at all of Emily Writes. The swearing in her writing is meant to be cool I guess, but it's just over the top and awful. She's also very self centred with the 'Oh woe is me' stuff. She has obviously turned her issues and disfunction into a lucrative career though, so she is smart to that degree.
Oh I see her completely differently. I think the struggles she shares are genuine especially in regards to the diabetes stuff. I like her writing too and how she’s always advocating for others. She isn’t commercial at all the only thing I’ve ever seen her try to sell is her own work or charity merch. Could cash in on her following but doesn’t

Went to see stuffreneesays based on this chat - stories of herself filming while driving 🤦🏽‍♀️ Nope can’t do that. No IG story is worth that kinda risk especially with kids in the car. You’re content isn’t worth it
She was going down her driveway... at a guess id say 7 or 8km maximum speed.

Does anyone remember living life with laura? I was so surprised it took her so long to realise she had problems