New Zealand Chat Off-topic

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm with you on this, I also wanted to believe that it was psychosis and clearly she was a very unwell woman. However from what I have also read the jury got it right.
No winners though.

The non NZ case that I can't stop thinking about is the Lucy Letby case, the UK nurse that killed all the babies 🙄🙄🙄
Is anyone else closely following the mushroom murders case? 🍄🍄🍄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Omg I’ve been following that case on TikTok - horrifying!! So evil and surely psychopath!? She looks so innocent and “normal” which makes it even scarier! I love that people noticed and spoke up but it’s really sad how long it took to build a case, meanwhile her colleagues had to keep working with her even though they had their suspicions 😳
The tattle thread on that case is amazing, the wiki is so detailed.
Been listening to the victims’ impact statements tonight and just crying, it’s mind boggling. That woman is soulless.
---
Yes, that one is so weird! Wonder how it’s all going to turn out…

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Who the duck sits down with your children and says "let's make neckless" to then join cable ties one by one and start with the child that pissed you off the most 😭😭 to then fail and her older girl say mum what are you doing I love you and your the best mum, and make her watch her smother her twin sisters to know it was her turn next!!
She is a monster! - was proven in court she was NOT having a phyocis episode. There was enough evidence for her to be done for MURDER thats what she is a cold child killing monster.
THIS!! She lured them into a room together with the promise of “making necklaces” something all little girls love doing. That’s how she got the cable ties on their necks without a fight. I can’t imagine the horrific moment for those babies when they realised mum was hurting them on purpose. There is no way that is psychosis. The cable ties did not end their lives so she turned to suffocation. One by one. I literally shake as I write this. It was a prolonged attack where she had multiple points where she could have stopped. True horror. I hope she rots in a cold hard cell for a painful amount of time.
---
A lot of true crime fans in here, you are my people 🥰🥰

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Sorry team I won’t comment on the Timaru case as I’m fresh out of postpartum depression and still clawing my way back to normality. My feelings are STRONG on the whole thing 😬 people don’t like hearing that motherhood isn’t rainbows and unicorns for everyone and that some of us end up in deep dark holes that we look back on and go “wtf?! How did I get there?! When did that happen?!” Like you don’t even realise how bad tit was until you claw your way out of it … it’s horrific.

However, I never thought I was a true crime fan but somehow I get stuck down the rabbit holes of overseas crime cases and follow them closely until I get bored and then off I go to the next case 😂
I have heard of the Lucy Letby case but kind of avoid the ones that talk about little babies while mine are so little 😭
One of my favourites to follow was the Murdaugh Murders in the USA. The twists! The turns! The way that more deaths linked to the family kept coming! 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Another fan of true crime here. If you haven't listened to Hannah's story (podcast) it's a very good but horrifically tragic story - also involving the death of kids sons wanting there for anyone.

The 🍄 murder case is insane....

gosh I've read some fresh details about the Timaru case thanks to you ladies. The necklace story makes me want to vomit.

Reactions: 5
Another fan of true crime here. If you haven't listened to Hannah's story (podcast) it's a very good but horrifically tragic story - also involving the death of kids sons wanting there for anyone.

The 🍄 murder case is insane....

gosh I've read some fresh details about the Timaru case thanks to you ladies. The necklace story makes me want to vomit.
I’ve heard that Hannah’s Story is told really well! It’s on my podcast list of ones to listen to.

If anyone is into reality tv I have also heard that The Hills and Laguna Beach podcasts are also really good and talk about each episode one by one.
I’ve also just seen that pretty much all the van der Pump Rules cast have podcasts … somehow I don’t think I’ll be giving Jax and Brittany a listen 😂

• Haha
Just popping in to say I bought the good vitamins after our poster posted them! I’ve gained about 4 kilos and can’t stop eating so I’m hoping they work for me! As much as I’m for body positivity etc I absolutely despise gaining weight and feeling frumpy so I have no idea how these body positive influencers especially the really large ones stay so okay in their body!

Reactions: 8
Same for me. I followed this case closely and while it's clear she was mentally unwell, it seems equally clear she was fully aware of what she was doing.

bleeping horrific.
100% agree with all this.

Reactions: 3
H

How much is saxenda? 👀
At the risk of being shot on here, keto works amazingly for me but since having a baby at the end of last year I have struggled getting back "on it".
I am the fat, bored housewife of Simmy and HM's dreams but would like to get rid of the fat part 😅
it’s $520 for a box of 5 pens. Initially you start on 6 clicks which lasts like a month but then you’ve got to use more and more so 1 pen lasts a week. So pretty much a $100 and a bit per week. It turns off ALL the food thoughts initially but they soon creep back in. You inject at the same time every day.
---
I am also off to get it tomorrow - cheers! Can’t have yet tho as I am having breast reduction surgery this week woop woop! I want to lose about 20kg I got a script for duromine a few weeeks ago but haven’t fulfilled it yet as the lack of sleep doesn’t sound appealing
Ohhh please update us on the surgery!!! Duromine is nasty stuff - but I did have a super clean house cos I couldn’t sit down 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Sorry team I won’t comment on the Timaru case as I’m fresh out of postpartum depression and still clawing my way back to normality. My feelings are STRONG on the whole thing 😬 people don’t like hearing that motherhood isn’t rainbows and unicorns for everyone and that some of us end up in deep dark holes that we look back on and go “wtf?! How did I get there?! When did that happen?!” Like you don’t even realise how bad tit was until you claw your way out of it … it’s horrific.

However, I never thought I was a true crime fan but somehow I get stuck down the rabbit holes of overseas crime cases and follow them closely until I get bored and then off I go to the next case 😂
I have heard of the Lucy Letby case but kind of avoid the ones that talk about little babies while mine are so little 😭
One of my favourites to follow was the Murdaugh Murders in the USA. The twists! The turns! The way that more deaths linked to the family kept coming! 🤯
I'm sorry you've been struggling, I had PND after my second and it's horrible. I hope you continue on the path to feeling better ❤

I am a true crime addict but also find it hard to listen to cases involving children. I actually couldn't listen to true crime at all when I was pregnant with my last baby, which was weird as I listen to at least a case a day usually. The Murdaugh murders were certainly shocking! That one was like something out of a movie

Just popping in to say I bought the good vitamins after our poster posted them! I’ve gained about 4 kilos and can’t stop eating so I’m hoping they work for me! As much as I’m for body positivity etc I absolutely despise gaining weight and feeling frumpy so I have no idea how these body positive influencers especially the really large ones stay so okay in their body!
Where did you buy them from? I read it as you gained 4kgs after taking them. Lol. Had to re read it.

Reactions: 3
People drive drunk and get manslaughter.
King hit people and get manslaughter.
Shake a baby and get manslaughter.

I just don’t understand how she can be found guilty of MURDER. Yes her actions caused her babies death but in my opinion she was so mentally unbalanced. Also seems like a classic, dad keeps his career, his social life and she’s left juggling all the plates and receiving no real support or help.

They reference a lot of text messages where she has said negative things about the kids but who hasn’t vented about their kids being hard or not sleeping etc?
I agree with this, I feel like her husband didn't really take her concerns seriously.
My South African MIL was saying too over there they often have nannies and maids etc so being thrown in the deep end doing all the "work" could've pushed her over the edge.
Whole thing is just gut wrenching 😭

• Heart
I'm confused what product makes you loose weight that's not going make you crazy? Tried to look but can't see it mention.

The cold case in chch where the Chinese lady hasn't been found, the house they found in hornby and had tents up they put the lights on it and apparently lit up like a Christmas tree. They belive she's been chopped up and scattered around Canterbury, and the rain we had that week was alot so she may never be found.

Potentially linked to her daughter's father back in China ordered a hit man and killed her off so he can have his child back.
So incredibly sad.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Just going to change the topic from true crime completely… has anyone been to Fiji recently and can recommend somewhere on the mainland or coral coast? Not the Sofitel or the raddison lol

Traveling with two gal pals 👌🏼💙

I'm confused what product makes you loose weight that's not going make you crazy? Tried to look but can't see it mention.

The cold case in chch where the Chinese lady hasn't been found, the house they found in hornby and had tents up they put the lights on it and apparently lit up like a Christmas tree. They belive she's been chopped up and scattered around Canterbury, and the rain we had that week was alot so she may never be found.

Potentially linked to her daughter's father back in China ordered a hit man and killed her off so he can have his child back.
So incredibly sad.
Holy tit

Reactions: 1
Man she did it aye, the mushroom lady
---
I agree with this, I feel like her husband didn't really take her concerns seriously.
My South African MIL was saying too over there they often have nannies and maids etc so being thrown in the deep end doing all the "work" could've pushed her over the edge.
Whole thing is just gut wrenching 😭
My question is - why didn’t he come back for the trial

he may not be with his wife, but those were his three daughters, why didn’t he come here for them?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Man she did it aye, the mushroom lady
---

My question is - why didn’t he come back for the trial

he may not be with his wife, but those were his three daughters, why didn’t he come here for them?
100% she did it! I wish they’d hurry up and charge her but I guess it’s quite complex. Throwing the dehydrator out (actually more than throwing it out, didn’t she take it to the tip?) and then saying she got the mushrooms (already dried) from an Asian grocer but can’t remember which one. There’s been no recalls or issues… remember when there was a needle in the strawberries and heaps and heaps had to be thrown out?… 😬😬🍄🍄

Reactions: 13

So incredibly sad.
Omfg that’s even more horrific than I thought it would turn out to be. Jesus Christ.

I’m in shock and it takes a lot to rattle me!

• Wow
I am also off to get it tomorrow - cheers! Can’t have yet tho as I am having breast reduction surgery this week woop woop! I want to lose about 20kg I got a script for duromine a few weeeks ago but haven’t fulfilled it yet as the lack of sleep doesn’t sound appealing
Go you, all the best for surgery. Was the best thing I ever did for me. And realised quickly it's something I should have done earlier. Shame there are so few procedures publicly funded. Happy to answer any questions🤗

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.