New Baby & Post Birth Off Topic #2 Ffs Matthew, Grow Some Breasts

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sooooooooooooooo…. I really don’t know what is going on with my doctors…. I got a text in the week with an appointment for TF’s vaccinations then a follow up saying please ignore text, TF’s vaccinations are still booked 28/03 see you then. As regularly evidenced on this thread my head is just everywhere at the moment so I was a bit surprised to realise I’d booked it for today but grateful for the reminder. I duly collected her from nursery and braved the weather to take her to the surgery. When o got there I tried to sign in and got an error message on the screen, went to the desk only to be told it’s booked for the 12th at 3pm she also mentioned the 11th? I’m so mega pissed off now as I feel like such an idiot as I assumed I was in the wrong when we were there. What the hell is going on. Someone’s been messing about with the system.

anyway, husband out tonight so I have had the girls myself this evening. Fancied a bit of a treat so I did some damage in Tesco I got some fancy ingredients for a good spag bol (no regrets) and a Sancerre Rose (spring is here). ALSO cadburys is doing a s’mores chocolate bar - RUN DONT WALK!!!!! Hope everyone is having a nice start to their Easter weekend. Who has plans?
I still need to book 1 year vaccs and pre school ones 🙈🙈🙈 everytime I try and ring I end up in a massive queue and let’s face it, holding on the phone with children is the worst!!!
Ooooooh s’mores bar sounds good - may try and find that tomorrow!!!
Tonight’s plans are an Indian and wine! Tomorrow not a lot but interestingly our group is still running! But my husband has said he’d quite like to take the little 2 to it, so that’s an hour I’ll get with my eldest!
Saturday a family roast and then I’m going out Saturday night! Then no plans from there incase it’s one too many 😜
Except obviously the Easter bunny on Sunday and so I need to at least be able to put the clues in the right place when I get home 😂 xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I still need to book 1 year vaccs and pre school ones 🙈🙈🙈 everytime I try and ring I end up in a massive queue and let’s face it, holding on the phone with children is the worst!!!
Ooooooh s’mores bar sounds good - may try and find that tomorrow!!!
Tonight’s plans are an Indian and wine! Tomorrow not a lot but interestingly our group is still running! But my husband has said he’d quite like to take the little 2 to it, so that’s an hour I’ll get with my eldest!
Saturday a family roast and then I’m going out Saturday night! Then no plans from there incase it’s one too many 😜
Except obviously the Easter bunny on Sunday and so I need to at least be able to put the clues in the right place when I get home 😂 xxx
Our doctors surprised me with a ring back service this morning when I booked my cervical screening (don’t put it off, ladies!) - could you go down there by any chance? Ours is in the town so I sometimes just walk down there which they don’t like but they are also too nice to tell me off about.

Errrr…. What clues do you do? I just set all the eggs and gifts up in one place 🤦🏻‍♀️ am I doing it wrong?! Meant to do an Easter egg hunt tomorrow at a friends though and I have some kits for that.

hoping for a family roast on Sunday. It’s my birthday and we’re at my parents but my mum said she’s bought a gammon which I don’t fancy so think I’ll get a chicken to take down with me. That sounds weird 🤣

@WeepingCassandra how bloody exciting. Just found out my cousin is going to be a gran (she’s my age) which has freaked me out.

Also on the jabs front I went with two of her favourite toys and some bubbles in preparation to distract her afterwards. The preschool ones with 5 were AWFUL - but not all kids are the same. My dad still remembers his preschool ones as the nurse putting a “nail” in his bum and him wanting to kill her for it 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Our doctors surprised me with a ring back service this morning when I booked my cervical screening (don’t put it off, ladies!) - could you go down there by any chance? Ours is in the town so I sometimes just walk down there which they don’t like but they are also too nice to tell me off about.

Errrr…. What clues do you do? I just set all the eggs and gifts up in one place 🤦🏻‍♀️ am I doing it wrong?! Meant to do an Easter egg hunt tomorrow at a friends though and I have some kits for that.

hoping for a family roast on Sunday. It’s my birthday and we’re at my parents but my mum said she’s bought a gammon which I don’t fancy so think I’ll get a chicken to take down with me. That sounds weird 🤣

@WeepingCassandra how bloody exciting. Just found out my cousin is going to be a gran (she’s my age) which has freaked me out.

Also on the jabs front I went with two of her favourite toys and some bubbles in preparation to distract her afterwards. The preschool ones with 5 were AWFUL - but not all kids are the same. My dad still remembers his preschool ones as the nurse putting a “nail” in his bum and him wanting to kill her for it 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I also need to do that 🫠 I am behind on life admin if you can’t tell?!

Oh nothing overly exciting! Just around the house, like where does X hang his clothes, where does Y sleep? 😂 then hide the big eggs somewhere they don’t usually go…. This year I think in the house tent thing they have in the playroom! Last year the conservatory!

Ah happy birthday in advance 🥰🥰🥰 war here because I don’t like lamb and can’t stand the smell. So I offered to cook lamb and something else but it’s not really worth it and so husband was like ‘it’s fine’ (we all know what that means 😂)

Oh don’t. Absolutely booking for a Friday and making husband take him. Don’t think he’s actually took any 3 to any jabs yet? So surely it’s his turn! X

• Heart
It is super exciting and I'm so looking forward to miniWC having another little cousin but they are our primary babysitters if our parents aren't around and that'll vanish :cry: :p Though I'm hoping we can maybe practice for baby 2 if they'll let us by taking miniWC and their little one out to the park etc. to give them a break!

I've got my smear next Friday 😭 hate them. But must be done!

Reactions: 3
It is super exciting and I'm so looking forward to miniWC having another little cousin but they are our primary babysitters if our parents aren't around and that'll vanish :cry: :p Though I'm hoping we can maybe practice for baby 2 if they'll let us by taking miniWC and their little one out to the park etc. to give them a break!

I've got my smear next Friday 😭 hate them. But must be done!
Only at first! Short term pain, think how close they are in age 🥰 as they get older (thinking 2/3) you’ll be in your element for weekend babysitting because they’ll want to be together! X

Only at first! Short term pain, think how close they are in age 🥰 as they get older (thinking 2/3) you’ll be in your element for weekend babysitting because they’ll want to be together! X
Trouble is we live 80 odd miles away from them. I'd love to move closer and I'm hoping this might help convince my OH too!

I really need to book my smear! I haven’t had one before because I turned 25 while pregnant with baby fudge so they said book it for 3 months after he’s born, he’s almost 5 months🙃 I’m just traumatised from when they examined me after my waters broke they used the speculum and it was the most painful part of the whole birth!!

• Heart
I really need to book my smear! I haven’t had one before because I turned 25 while pregnant with baby fudge so they said book it for 3 months after he’s born, he’s almost 5 months🙃 I’m just traumatised from when they examined me after my waters broke they used the speculum and it was the most painful part of the whole birth!!
Omg I just felt that examination and I've ptsd. I refused to get checked at one point as it hurt too much 😅😅

• Heart
Trouble is we live 80 odd miles away from them. I'd love to move closer and I'm hoping this might help convince my OH too!
Ah we don’t live near any family! So completely understand that. Help on my side is 2.5 hours away (although we moved back to ‘home’) and my husbands is 3.5 hours! X

• Heart
I remember my pre-school jabs - I remember kneeling forwards while they did the jab in my bottom and being given a sugar cube at the same time, and I thought the cube was to say "good girl" because I'd seen people giving horses sugar cubes as treats on TV - it was only a few years ago that I found out it contained one of the vaccines 🤣

Re. smears - obviously everyone's different and some people have past trauma that make them psychologically and physically more difficult, but generally speaking the speculum is uncomfortable but not painful - any examinations I had during pregnancy/labour were more uncomfortable than a smear, probably because everything was swollen and extra sensitive, so if you're scared because of how things were having labour checks, hopefully it won't be as bad as that ❤ I need to book mine and I've been too nervous because although I've had 3 smears in the past, having so much "happen" up there during the birth has made me a bit scared of being touched again, but I know how important it is so am going to book it in the next couple of months - might be a nice treat for one of my free days when baby starts nursery 😅

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
@WeHadFunRight I actually remembered it was your birthday because that was my due date! Not weird at all- you want a chicken you take a chicken. Sounds like a nice Easter planned, sorry about the vaccines, that all sounds frustrating. Do you know if she gets the chicken pox jab? I read somewhere that it depends on the area/your GP because they sometimes offer it, but then sometimes you have to pay for it.

I plan on sleeping all weekend. OH WAIT. I cannot, I have a child 😂 I’m knackered, I have so much work to do and had to do some before MM woke up this morning and after she’s gone to bed, my cold has properly come out and I feel like crap so I just want some rest tonight. Mr Muffin looked after MM all day today which went so so well, then we had a family walk after a stressful day for me with work. I’ve missed her so much the last few days but she’s had a lot of fun at least.
So tomorrow I’m relaxing and spending quality time with MM, then seeing my parents and maybe a dog walk with friends. I’m currently watching Fat Friends whilst eating cake. I see the irony.
MM is so sweet, when I picked her up this week she gave me sloppy kisses and every time I came downstairs today she gave me kisses too 🥰

congrats @WeepingCassandra on a new niece/nephew. How exciting!

On smears, if you’re worried about the speculum you can ask for a smaller one, they should have one available. I’m due one later this year, I found my last one uncomfortable and I actually bled but I feel after a c section I can just deal with it 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Omg I just felt that examination and I've ptsd. I refused to get checked at one point as it hurt too much 😅😅
Luckily for me I only had that one because I was sent home then and by the time I got back to hospital baby fudge’s head was almost out so no need for anymore examinations 🤣

@WeHadFunRight I actually remembered it was your birthday because that was my due date! Not weird at all- you want a chicken you take a chicken. Sounds like a nice Easter planned, sorry about the vaccines, that all sounds frustrating. Do you know if she gets the chicken pox jab? I read somewhere that it depends on the area/your GP because they sometimes offer it, but then sometimes you have to pay for it.

I plan on sleeping all weekend. OH WAIT. I cannot, I have a child 😂 I’m knackered, I have so much work to do and had to do some before MM woke up this morning and after she’s gone to bed, my cold has properly come out and I feel like crap so I just want some rest tonight. Mr Muffin looked after MM all day today which went so so well, then we had a family walk after a stressful day for me with work. I’ve missed her so much the last few days but she’s had a lot of fun at least.
So tomorrow I’m relaxing and spending quality time with MM, then seeing my parents and maybe a dog walk with friends. I’m currently watching Fat Friends whilst eating cake. I see the irony.
MM is so sweet, when I picked her up this week she gave me sloppy kisses and every time I came downstairs today she gave me kisses too 🥰

congrats @WeepingCassandra on a new niece/nephew. How exciting!

On smears, if you’re worried about the speculum you can ask for a smaller one, they should have one available. I’m due one later this year, I found my last one uncomfortable and I actually bled but I feel after a c section I can just deal with it 😅
Ahhhh that’s so funny, I was thinking about MM’s due date the other day too! 😆

ah she’s so cute, isn’t it lovely when they’re so loving? TF has been all about me today which is novel, she stared right through my husband when he came home and was waving at me then pushed him away when he went for a cuddle 😆 ooophhfff ouch 🤣

• Haha
Ahhhh that’s so funny, I was thinking about MM’s due date the other day too! 😆

ah she’s so cute, isn’t it lovely when they’re so loving? TF has been all about me today which is novel, she stared right through my husband when he came home and was waving at me then pushed him away when he went for a cuddle 😆 ooophhfff ouch 🤣
Baby natter has slept so much of today (they have to sleep at some point 🙃) but his favourite place to sleep is on my husband when he woke up after 2 hours sleep on me he hit me…. Clearly thought he was walking up to daddy 🙃
Anyway a poo and a bottle he slept for another 2 hours and I’ve been his favourite ever since…..

• Heart
Baby Kaye had a better night - she's started shouting in her sleep and just in general, so my husband trialled just letting her shout and him going back to sleep, lo and behold she shouted herself to sleep. I did dream I was pregnant again, categorising it as a nightmare 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Wish me luck spending my Good Friday with a grumpy KW.

I told him recently how much I’m struggling without structure on the weekends ( I’ve been losing my mind) so this morning he printed off some timesheets 🤪 I mean I’m not that literal. And made me fill them out then made a comment about how I act like TF napping on him is stopping me from doing stuff - well yes when the plan is for me to take TF and him to take 5!!!! And he continues to be utterly tit with TF’s antibiotics, like truly tit. It’s making me so cross. What a bellend. 😤

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9

I told him recently how much I’m struggling without structure on the weekends ( I’ve been losing my mind) so this morning he printed off some timesheets 🤪 I mean I’m not that literal. And made me fill them out then made a comment about how I act like TF napping on him is stopping me from doing stuff - well yes when the plan is for me to take TF and him to take 5!!!! And he continues to be utterly tit with TF’s antibiotics, like truly tit. It’s making me so cross. What a bellend. 😤
I hope your day has got better since and that your KW works out how to be less of an irritant!!

In the spirit of true off topic-ness, here's a video that just popped up on insta that made me chuckle - may we all channel the sass and don't give a duck attitude of this legend 🙌🏻

• Haha

If that’s how he wants to do this then do it- fill in the time sheets and stick them up all around the house, then when TF is napping on him you can thrust it under his nose and say “as per the time sheet you requested, you should actually be reading to her”.
—-

im feeling so rotten, starting to think the walk in the wind yesterday is what’s made my cold worse. MM has a 4th tooth coming through (on the bottom, because why would any of the top ones make an appearance) and has only just gone down for her nap. I’ve retreated to Costa for the second time because duck transferring her to the car.

• Heart
I hope your day has got better since and that your KW works out how to be less of an irritant!!

In the spirit of true off topic-ness, here's a video that just popped up on insta that made me chuckle - may we all channel the sass and don't give a duck attitude of this legend 🙌🏻

What a legend!!