New baby / post birth advice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay so mum tums, how do I dress it? Really struggling to find clothes that suit. It was winter last time I had my son I could wear big jumpers but it’s too hot now, also struggling to find dresses with buttons for breastfeeding

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Okay so mum tums, how do I dress it? Really struggling to find clothes that suit. It was winter last time I had my son I could wear big jumpers but it’s too hot now, also struggling to find dresses with buttons for breastfeeding
There’s a Facebook page and website called ‘can I breast feed in it’. People submit clothes they’ve found that happen to be breast feeding friendly from shops all over.
Sainsbury’s have some dresses and jumpsuits at the min that have buttons, maybe not the best for Mum tum though.

I’ve got a few smock dresses and high waisted shorts with a baggy T-shirt half tucked in which are getting me through the current weather but it’s bloody hard when you’ve dressed a certain way for years and years to know where to go when your shape changes and I’m still not really sure if they even work 😕

Reactions: 2
There’s a Facebook page and website called ‘can I breast feed in it’. People submit clothes they’ve found that happen to be breast feeding friendly from shops all over.
Sainsbury’s have some dresses and jumpsuits at the min that have buttons, maybe not the best for Mum tum though.

I’ve got a few smock dresses and high waisted shorts with a baggy T-shirt half tucked in which are getting me through the current weather but it’s bloody hard when you’ve dressed a certain way for years and years to know where to go when your shape changes and I’m still not really sure if they even work 😕
So hard, it’s learning all over again, I’ve got some smocks but think they are making me look bigger as they are a bit tenty 🙈

great idea for a Facebook group I’ll go look now thank you!

I wish I knew 😩😩😩😩 I’m wearing lighter trousers and t shirts, you know like patterned summery trousers? With the elastic waist 🙌🏻

Reactions: 3
Anything high waisted. Or pulling in knickers with a dress.

I literally still live in leggings and a t shirt.

I wish I knew 😩😩😩😩 I’m wearing lighter trousers and t shirts, you know like patterned summery trousers? With the elastic waist 🙌🏻
They sound good! Fed up of black maternity leggings now but also want to hide my new veiny legs 😂
Anything high waisted. Or pulling in knickers with a dress.

I literally still live in leggings and a t shirt.
thank you! Need to get some pull in knickers!!

Tw death / fear of dying

Hi all I’m 11 weeks PP and really happy but for the past few weeks been getting a bit emotional almost every day, usually teary, as I’ve been thinking a lot more about my own mortality. Mainly about my daughter being without me, dying whilst she’s so young and her not remembering me etc.

I am just wondering if this is a normal part of becoming a mother or whether a red flag for PND. I definitely feel like a more emotional person since having her (can’t watch certain things on tv etc).

a friend of mine with 4 kids told me having children made her an emotional wreck so I wasn’t sure whether this was just part of the transition of having someone else to care for. I’ve not had any warning signs for PND and feel happy in myself otherwise.

have any other new parens experienced this? X

• Heart
Reactions: 3
My new parent advice: When you start going out and using baby changing rooms, change the baby and keep the nappy to one side until baby is all clean and dressed and back in the pram. Right before you're about to open the door to leave, put the used nappy in the bin.
From experience, if I put the used nappy in the bin right after I've removed it, the smell of a whole bin of used nappies fills the room and it's gross while I'm rushing to dress my baby and get out of there.

Save yourself - bin the nappy last thing.

Reactions: 11
Tw death / fear of dying

Hi all I’m 11 weeks PP and really happy but for the past few weeks been getting a bit emotional almost every day, usually teary, as I’ve been thinking a lot more about my own mortality. Mainly about my daughter being without me, dying whilst she’s so young and her not remembering me etc.

I am just wondering if this is a normal part of becoming a mother or whether a red flag for PND. I definitely feel like a more emotional person since having her (can’t watch certain things on tv etc).

a friend of mine with 4 kids told me having children made her an emotional wreck so I wasn’t sure whether this was just part of the transition of having someone else to care for. I’ve not had any warning signs for PND and feel happy in myself otherwise.

Yes I’ve felt like this. I’m much more aware of my own mortality and also the fear that if anything happened to my daughter I’d not want to live.
I’m always taking pictures and videos of every little detail because I’m convinced I’ll need them to look back on if/when something terrible happens. I’m scared she won’t hit her milestones and we’ll discover something terrible is wrong. I wonder how children are diagnosed with childhood cancer and things like that, what were the signs that lead to seeking help and so on. I’m not constantly obsessing but it pops into my head all the time and I don’t think I have PND.

My mum said she felt the same regarding her own mortality. She went with friends to go horse riding not long pp and was literally frozen with fear she’d fall off and die, she couldn’t do it. She didn’t have PND x

Reactions: 4
Tw death / fear of dying

I’m 10 days PP and feeling very similar! I think I’ve cried every day since giving birth, so happy with my little girl but I’m a ball of nerves. I feel so anxious about everything, especially dying. Also feel very needy and emotional towards my own parents and their mortality too. My partner has been so lovely about it but I keep wondering if he thinks I’ve lost it.. I feel a bit like that myself not sure if this is just normal ‘baby blues’ or not!?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Tw death / fear of dying

I think to an extent this is normal. My eldest is 8 and I would sometimes go through bouts of worry about what will happen if I die. Thinking maybe I should write yearly letters to them and update them so they will have something if I do die suddenly. I don’t think it’s uncommon and doesn’t necessarily scream PND, however if it taking over your thoughts completely then that would be a red flag.

As said above, I also worry about my kids dying. If I know they are out in the car with grandparents or anything I am so worried something awful may happen. Again not all the time, but the thoughts come and go.

Keep an eye on yourself. If these thoughts creep in regularly over the next weeks then maybe mention to your HV/GP/trusted person.

Going to join this as I’m newly pg. my first is almost 9 so I’m starting over from scratch it feels! 😱

Tw death / fear of dying

I feel like this is quite a common thing for parents because you have a whole new person to look after and care for. My eldest is 2 and I still worry about this.
I had PND the first time around and although i thought about this daily, I did experience a lot more signs. If you're genuinely concerned at all don't be scared to mention to your HV x

Reactions: 4
Tw death / fear of dying

Yep, I have. My little one is 5 months and I've thought more about things like this than ever! So much so I said to my partner the other night that we should have a convo about who would have our baby if anything happened to both of us! We are going to sort life insurance too etc. I'd never thought twice about things like this before having a baby.
I have had PND since having my baby, I was teary and crying all the time, irritable, no motivation to do simple tasks for myself and would literally sit on the sofa all day basically in tears and not enjoying any of it. Our baby has had some particular difficulties such as silent reflux, allergies etc and I had a traumatic birth too which didn't help. I self referred to local services as I found my HV quite judgemental and didn't really listen. I've finished my course of therapy now and it helped me tenfold. I still have low days (yesterday was one) but I'm much better at managing them now. My advice would be to just keep an eye on yourself and if it continues, talk to someone. There's no shame in it and getting help was the best thing I did.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My health visitor was due out today and hasn't bothered showing up or even calling me to let me know she's not coming 😒 last time I text her she never even bothered getting back to me. Feel like I've wasted my morning and afternoon sitting about waiting on her

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
My health visitor was due out today and hasn't bothered showing up or even calling me to let me know she's not coming 😒 last time I text her she never even bothered getting back to me. Feel like I've wasted my morning and afternoon sitting about waiting on her
That is so annoying! Do they have a main duty number you can ring to let them know they've stood you up and you've waited in for them?

That is so annoying! Do they have a main duty number you can ring to let them know they've stood you up and you've waited in for them?
I don't have their direct number but do have the gp number where they're based from so will call them in the morning! It's not that hard to just let me know they're not coming so I don't waste my day waiting about 😞

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.