Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heybooboo

VIP Member
Bless him, no direct experience but my friend said her son was uncomfortable with his penis. The doctor confirmed that he did have a large penis for his age and his foreskin was very tight which was causing him pain. That’s all I can remember for now so maybe take him to the doctors? X
Thank you, I’ll call them tomorrow. Would explain the crying maybe. He’s not quite old enough to tell me why he’s upset so it’s difficult just tells me where

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
Sorry if this has been asked before - how do you all prepare bottles for going out? I have the prep machine and lasts for 2 hours after you make a bottle and have a thermal part in my changing bag which will keep it warm but not sure what's best if I need another bottle!!

OIM

Does anyone have any experience increasing their milk supply? Baby is 3 weeks and not yet back at birth weight, stayed the same for the last week. Health visitor has suggested taking fenugreek but keen to hear others pearls of wisdom!
I exclusively pumped with my first for 2 months and fenugreek hugely helped me.

mg89

Chatty Member
Has anyone found having a Moses basket useful? I’ve got one on my list to buy, but I’m wondering how much it’ll be used. We have a next to me and a purflo for upstairs, so I was thinking the Moses would be handy to keep downstairs.
I used to bring the purflo into the living room and he would go in it on the sofa, sometimes my partner would lift the top of the snuzpod for me and bring it in. We had a stage of him napping in the pram too. Didn't bother with a moses basket!

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Do you need to go up a teat size maybe? Might be getting bored if the milk is taking too long to come out! Weve gone up because he kept falling asleep during a feed and apparently that's a sign
I was about to respond with this. My baby did the same, around this time, we’ve gone up a teat size and it’s better. But I find he rushes it when he’s at the point of screaming and crying for a feed, so when he’s in that state I tend to stick to his usual teat to begin with and then when he stops for a break I change to the one up from it. Sounds a faff but it works for him…basically like a transition to the next size up!
I use mam bottles and teat no3 scared me cause it came out so fast, he was dribbling it all out the sides 😢
Hmmm possibly! We use mam bottles and he moved up to size 2 at about 6 weeks old as feeds were taking forever and he was loads better! I might pick up a couple later on and do a trial run... see how we get on. His feed this morning was absolutely fine 🧐 who knows!

Upintheair83

VIP Member
Hi everyone 👋 I was on the pregnancy thread then been MIA since my little boy arrived on 2nd April. Now nearly 4 weeks in and dipping my toe back in the Tattle pond now I’m not quite in so much pain, the crying has stopped (mine not his) and my nips no longer bleeding 😩
So lovely to see you on here, been thinking about how you have been getting on 🥰🥰xxx

Loiterer

Also try making sure baby’s not directly on your skin when in sling unless you’re using it to feed or for skin to skin. If I had a lower cut top on it would send mine rooting.

WhatABore

VIP Member
Do Aldi only do their premium nappies up to size 3? Just popped in and I’m hoping it’s my local store that just doesn’t have them

Ok I’ve just checked online and they don’t seem to do the premium range past size 3 🤨 can anyone recommend a decent affordable brand please 😁 I hate the normal Aldi ones!
I grabbed a small pack from all of the supermarkets and tested them all 😊
Only way I could find the ones I preffered 😊
Currently using Asda but learnt they're only good up to a certain size and then switched to Sainsbury's

littlepup

VIP Member
re nappy changes in the night. I stopped when she started sleeping through (11-7 ish) at about ten weeks. She’s 40/60 sleep through or wake for a sleepy feed 4ish. I did a 4am nappy change a couple of nights ago for the first time since (thought she’d pooped) massive mistake! Changed after feed & it completely woke her up. Ended up having to feed her again at about half 5 to get her off, she woke up every hour until we got up at 9 then was grouchy & got overtired in the day and was a nightmare to get off last night…. She’s only once had a sore bum so risk/reward, keeping her asleep in the night is worthwhile for us.
(We’ve not got 4mth regression yet so it could all change)

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Hey all, any suggestions on how to get a 14 week old to take calpol? She had her jabs yesterday and has a slight temp, but keeps spitting the calpol out, tried both syringe and spoon.
Thank you
Just keep trying. My 3rd wouldn’t take any medicine at all until she was about 18months, we would just try when needed, and even though she’d spit most of it out some was swallowed.

Pop the syringe in to her cheek and as far back as you can

Last edited:

WhatABore

VIP Member
Have to say I’ve gone the other way today. Baby is 2 days old, but it’s my dad’s birthday so my family all came round to our house/garden for tea 🙈 I had a section and am in no fit state to go anywhere, and they brought Chinese. My mum did say “oh are you tired? You look a bit tired? You don’t look 100% today”

Uhm funny that. Just sliced open, have a newborn and 3 other kids. Can’t imagine why I don’t look tip top 🤔
Hope you're doing alright! Well, the best you can 😂

How have the kids been with a new baby?

moimoi

VIP Member
Am I doing it wrong? Mine’s 3 weeks, (on a good night) waking every 2 hours or so for a feed, so we change his nappy every time he’s up before a feed, either a wee or poo! He always seems to lose his shit even when he just has a wet nappy, so can’t imagine waiting until the morning to change?! Do people generally only change dirty nappies at night?

Esme

VIP Member
Your uncle sounds like a bit of a dick 🙈 I know a lot of the older generation just don’t “get” that we don’t parent the way they did, which is fine, I’m sure one day I’ll be the same. But don’t be a dick about it.
Exactly! His downfall is he thinks he knows everything and knows best. He’s ruined his relationship with me because I got sick of it and it hurt. I just needed support and understanding. I think like you say some of the older generation think they know everything, luckily my mum and mother in law just accepted all of the new things like weaning around 6m ☺

If restrictions allow, are you able to bubble with your MIL? You could really do with her support again and I honestly don’t know how we’d have managed without my mum and my daughter was our first.

mg89

Chatty Member
I read this the other night in the middle of a screaming episode and it makes a lot of sense! The bit about purple crying:

I remember reading that during the colicky weeks... frantically googling why is my baby screaming constantly :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Applespice

Wow 9 weeks?

i’ve heard its quite normal for periods to be all over the place, esp if you breastfeed.

i’m not breastfeeding and only did it a few weeks with my first so my periods came back quite quickly
Yeh- it turned out I had a bad infection that had prolonged the bleeding and cleared up with antibiotics.
I breastfed until very recently so I expect my body is just taking some time to get back to normal!

• Heart

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
Has anyone found having a Moses basket useful? I’ve got one on my list to buy, but I’m wondering how much it’ll be used. We have a next to me and a purflo for upstairs, so I was thinking the Moses would be handy to keep downstairs.
We found buying a Next To Me crib a lot more useful that the Moses basket- mostly because they last longer- all my babies have been very long and were only able to use the Moses basket for a short amount of time.
We have one for upstairs and downstairs, & use them everyday. They also fold away so are ideal to take on holiday or nights away.
We brought ours from Lidl for £50 each during their baby event.

Onecandream

Going to join this as I’m newly pg. my first is almost 9 so I’m starting over from scratch it feels! 😱

LilyRose1234

VIP Member
Evening all! Have optimistically decided to book a holiday for when baby will be 3 months old 😬 Any tips for surviving a (relatively short) flight with a young baby.. am I mad to even consider this?