Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

littlepup

VIP Member
Yes! I have completely bypassed all of them for this reason alone!

this little munchkin is so interested in our dinner times we thought we’d get her set up with us for dinner times in high chair, we’ve just been purée-ing A single selected veggie for her to explore and taste at the same time. Although she literally cringes at anything so far it seems 🤣
It’s such a new thing just as we get to grips with a baby we’re learning the next thing 🙈 all tips are welcome!
This is exactly us. She’s so desperate to eat, she watches anything I put in my mouth and even makes little mouth movements along with me. I’ve got her some wafer things and she’s tried a puréed carrot and an apple separately over the last 2 days, she had maybe a teaspoon of each and made faces but squawked for more between spoons :LOL: It was more about her being involved and getting used to a spoon in her mouth and the idea of food rather than actually any proper eating. I’ve realised I should actually put the breaks on for a few more weeks as while she can fully support her head and all of those other things, she can’t sit up on her own for long unaided so I guess we need to wait for that?
She’s just over 5 mths.
I’ve got her a munchkin miracle 360 cup for when she needs it but I’m unsure how to teach her to use it. Unless it’s instinct for them to suck?

Reactions: 1

mg89

Chatty Member
Wow that’s so interesting and makes a lot of sense! At 1 week my daughter was really struggling with poos and I just assumed she was constipated, but when she did manage to go it was soft. I even spoke to my hv about it, and she said to do extra water etc, but what your hv has said makes a lot of sense and I think she might have this and not constipation.
In those early days when our little one sturggled with this, we found doing some tummy massage and bicycle legs really helped! There's a great youtube video that I used to follow. He exploded during it once and then usually within 30 mins of doing it!

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
Hi moimoi, I discovered a complete life saver just on the off chance when I was buying nappies in boots one day. The nuby rapid cool flask, it cools water to the correct temperature for a feed in 2 mins. NHS approved! No filter needed, doesn’t need charging and is lightweight to fit in your changing bag if you’re out and about!
£30!
We were doing the boiling the kettle and waiting for it to cool down, this was a huge faff especially during the first few weeks, a screaming baby at 11pm, 1am and beyond is not fun 🤣 I’m gutted it didn’t release until he was 8 weeks old. I recommend this to all expectant parents now!

This looks so handy to have! How do you use it if you're out and about though? Do you just ask somewhere to fill it with boiled water or do you need to switch it on somehow?
Sorry for the questions haha, I've got the prep machine at home but think this would be handy to have out and about!

Pinkii

VIP Member
So 2 month old has been up since 7, refuses to nap no matter what 🥴 surely this isnt normal?

she seems ok, not moany etc

• Heart

mg89

Chatty Member
Does anyone use a sleepyhead? Keep hearing rave reviews but they’re quite pricey! Have also seen the Purflo but not sure if that’s as good? Any advice would be much appreciated!
We got the purflo baby bed which says it's safe for sleeping - was just as pricey, about £140. He never did naps in there as he always contact napped at that age but it helped him at night feel a bit more snug. The snuzpod was too big for him at the start I think!

Tui

VIP Member
Does anyone have any breastfeeding pillow recommendations? I’ve been using a standard breastfeeding pillow that I got from TKMaxx but it’s getting quite deflated and bobbly already. Not a lot of support.

I then bought a BrestEasy pillow from Amazon for more support but I think it’s probably too firm and not comfy for me (hurts my csection scar!) and doesn’t feel too comfy for baby.

Any recs appreciated!
I have a chicco boppy pillow which was great for what I needed it for (rugby hold post c section). I don’t use it now as baby bigger and sturdier. Heard lots of good things about “my breast friend” if you want something more structured

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
That is excellent night sleeping!!! We are 6 months next week and still on 2-3 wake ups a night :D It is down from 8+ a night though so I can't really moan.
I know, I’m really hoping she stays like this and Iv got a good sleeper, I think I deserve it after my first daughter didn’t let me sleep for around 6 months 😂

Hbirdette

VIP Member
My daughter had her first set of immunisations this morning but I'm not sure what to dress her in now we're home? I don't want her getting too hot in a vest & sleepsuit or blanket or too cold in just a vest. It's quite clammy here today and she's had her paracetamol. Am I best just keeping an eye on her temperature and if she gets too hot take the sleepsuit off?
Yep just keep an eye on her! I kept my baby’s legs bare when he had his first jabs incase they were sore when I put leggings on etc but he wasn’t phased. I think as long as you’ve given her calpol that should keep a temperature at bay if she was going to develop one at all. Hope you’re both ok! I found it so emotional!

Kit123

VIP Member
Mega paranoid about pp hair loss and I keep finding hairs on my baby’s clothes 😭😭 hoping it’s cause I’ve not washed my hair for a few days. I’ve not got thick hair as it is!
My hair loss was AWFUL. Didn't help that we was in the midst of the longest lockdown. As soon as I got my hair cut it improved massively and it doesn't come out as bad. This was til about 7 months mind!

• Sad

Definitelyme

VIP Member
My partner has told me off for picking it 😂 I can’t help it tho.
Mine does the same! But it’s too tempting! The worst bit for my kids is that they all are born with loads of hair and when the cradle cap comes off it always pulls loads of their hair out too 😬😬

StrawberryCream

VIP Member
Thank you so much!! I'm 11 days PP now and hoping it'll ease pretty soon. I'm just such an over thinker and so worried when my partner needs to return to work and I'm at home with the 2 kids and worried how i'll cope. I'm definitely gonna be reaching out to family for help I think and try not feel guilty for doing so! Hope you're feeling better ❣
I started feeling better a few days ago so hopefully you do too soon ❤ Definitely speak to your friends and family, my best friend has 2 kids and I told her how Iv been feeling and she’s reassured me it’s all normal and an adjustment period, Iv been taking vitamin D and trying to get out the house with the baby when my eldest is at nursery too just so I’m not stuck inside constantly, I think that helps too x

• Heart

HeyLetsGo

Yes! I have completely bypassed all of them for this reason alone!

this little munchkin is so interested in our dinner times we thought we’d get her set up with us for dinner times in high chair, we’ve just been purée-ing A single selected veggie for her to explore and taste at the same time. Although she literally cringes at anything so far it seems 🤣
It’s such a new thing just as we get to grips with a baby we’re learning the next thing 🙈 all tips are welcome!
Awww that sounds lovely I bet she loves that! The faces the pull when they first taste things is the best part of weaning 😂 I found weaning so much fun, hope you enjoy it too!

Heybooboo

VIP Member
Every so often boots do £10 off points for every £50 you spend that and the points you gain make the swivel car seats really cheap it’s how I bought our joie 360 for my son. We always shop at boots so it’s easy to spend the points on nappies or Christmas presents etc

Icbaaaa

VIP Member
Ladies what prams/travel systems do you have for your little ones and how much did you pay? I'm due in July and just started looking for a pram and there's just too much choice! 🤯
I've got the Joie chrome DLX set with the i-gemm and I-travel car seat w isofix, paid about £490! I've only used the car seat and it's so lightweight. I had a silvercross the first time around and it was just so big ans.bulky and found it quite hard to push it!

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Using the toilet wearing baby in a carrier - yay or nay? Not gonna lie, I’ve already done it 😆
If I didn’t I’d be some mess by the end of the day 🤣🤣 my babies are in the sling as newborns about 6 hours a day, I can’t hold it that long 🙈

just do not - and I can’t emphasise this enough - wear dungarees under the sling!

• Haha

mg89

Chatty Member
Hey all, any suggestions on how to get a 14 week old to take calpol? She had her jabs yesterday and has a slight temp, but keeps spitting the calpol out, tried both syringe and spoon.
Thank you
through a bottle teat if they will take a bottle usually - you can also get medicine dummies off amazon.

We would usually do a tiny amount when lying them back, then give their dummy so they swallowed it, give them a minute and give them more. Takes a little while to give the full dose but ensures no spitting out.

littlepup

VIP Member
What's the best way to steralize new bottle teats? I use MAM and do them in the microwave. Is cold water and sterilising fluid enough? 😬
I’ve only ever cold water sterilised anything except the one microwave Mam bottle. Never had a problem

OIM

Sorry if this has been asked before - how do you all prepare bottles for going out? I have the prep machine and lasts for 2 hours after you make a bottle and have a thermal part in my changing bag which will keep it warm but not sure what's best if I need another bottle!!
I take boiled water out and put it in the thermal but if i know baby due a feed and then add the powder when out. I know lots of people who take one bottle of cooled boiled water and one of boiled in a thermos then make it up when out- 2oz of hot, add powder to kill bacteria then top up with cooled boiled water.

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Ahh baby birdette’s first holiday 🥰

I think with travel cots it is the mattress that really makes the difference, some are so thin they are barely there. No recommendations for a decent one, sadly, not come across one yet!

We have our 8 week injections today 😒
Oh good luck! We’ve got our 12 week ones tomorrow 🙈 I’m half expecting another lecture from the nurse/gp about not going back onto reliable contraception. They got dead arsey with me at 8 weeks because I said I would use condoms 🙄 and then gave me loads of patronising leaflets about contraception incase I didn’t know my options lol.

• Heart