New baby and post birth advice #8 Too tired to think up a fun title

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where do you get this famous bluey? I hear good things but we only have prime and Netflix so can’t find it.

Oh that’s weird!Does she seem uncomfortable?
I mean she’s quite unsettled but she’s still teething so I’m unsure what’s what really

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I mean she’s quite unsettled but she’s still teething so I’m unsure what’s what really
Have you a no contact thermometer you could take her temp with when she’s like that? Would let you know if she’s overheating or maybe just sweaty where her skin touches the sheets. Is there a waterproof sheet on her mattress? I think sometimes though are a bit sweat inducing.

Husband usually does all the cooking because I can’t but tried to be a good mum and make 3 ingredient banana oat pancakes for breakfast because what could go wrong?!

Still ended up with a burnt sloppy mess even after loads of attempts with adding less mixture, turning heat down/up 😑 Mary Berry I am not!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Have you a no contact thermometer you could take her temp with when she’s like that? Would let you know if she’s overheating or maybe just sweaty where her skin touches the sheets. Is there a waterproof sheet on her mattress? I think sometimes though are a bit sweat inducing.
We don’t but I might invest! Yes there is a waterproof sheet; that’s a great shout will take it off tonight and see how we go!!

Reactions: 2
apparently it’s national twin day! Happy national twins day to our twinnies on the thread.

my baby sharted in her bouncy chair today 🙄 we’re having a lunch do thing at partners mums today and his Aunty, uncle and cousins are coming. And I CBA 🥱 😴. How do you make small talk when you’re so tired that your eyes burn?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
apparently it’s national twin day! Happy national twins day to our twinnies on the thread.

my baby sharted in her bouncy chair today 🙄 we’re having a lunch do thing at partners mums today and his Aunty, uncle and cousins are coming. And I CBA 🥱 😴. How do you make small talk when you’re so tired that your eyes burn?
I hate visitors 🤣 I’ve never wished so hard for another lockdown so that we can just stay in a newborn bubble without germy people asking when they can visit him haha.

Best thing about breastfeeding was being able to take him back off the MIL yesterday…I missed him so much while she was holding him…Turns out I really don’t like sharing him 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I hate visitors 🤣 I’ve never wished so hard for another lockdown so that we can just stay in a newborn bubble without germy people asking when they can visit him haha.

Best thing about breastfeeding was being able to take him back off the MIL yesterday…I missed him so much while she was holding him…Turns out I really don’t like sharing him 😂
How you getting on? Omg how much easier are days when no one visits! 😂 Mollie does really loud poos on visitors when they’ve held her for a while , good girl!

alsoI’ve just realised I can see my bits again!! It’s been so long 😂 I’m pleasantly surprised how quick pregnant belly’s go down it’s like magic!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
How you getting on? Omg how much easier are days when no one visits! 😂 Mollie does really loud poos on visitors when they’ve held her for a while , good girl!

alsoI’ve just realised I can see my bits again!! It’s been so long 😂 I’m pleasantly surprised how quick pregnant belly’s go down it’s like magic!
Hahaha any excuse to get your baby back is the best.

I said this too when I looked down this morning! Did not expect to be almost back to pre pregnancy stomach a week on! I noticed in the first few days I could feel my uterus contracting back down whenever I breastfed…mental!!

Getting on really well but my husband goes back to work Monday so think I’ll struggle with the lack of sleep when he’s not here to take shifts! Also the thought of leaving the house just me and Arlo terrifies me, as does trying to breastfeed in public! Hopefully when I do brave it won’t be as bad as I think! How are you getting on?

Reactions: 3
Hahaha any excuse to get your baby back is the best.

I said this too when I looked down this morning! Did not expect to be almost back to pre pregnancy stomach a week on! I noticed in the first few days I could feel my uterus contracting back down whenever I breastfed…mental!!

Getting on really well but my husband goes back to work Monday so think I’ll struggle with the lack of sleep when he’s not here to take shifts! Also the thought of leaving the house just me and Arlo terrifies me, as does trying to breastfeed in public! Hopefully when I do brave it won’t be as bad as I think! How are you getting on?
Aww good glad your both doing well! Yess I didn’t realise it would go down like that!

Oh god I’m the same we’re only just functioning with us both being off! She’s totally nocturnal think I’ll spend the first few weeks just napping and watching tv. I haven’t been out properly on my own but been popping in the car to my mums without him to try and get used to it, no idea how I’ll breastfeed in public with these ginormous knockers 🤦🏽‍♀️.

Husband usually does all the cooking because I can’t but tried to be a good mum and make 3 ingredient banana oat pancakes for breakfast because what could go wrong?!

Still ended up with a burnt sloppy mess even after loads of attempts with adding less mixture, turning heat down/up 😑 Mary Berry I am not!
This sounds like me 🤣 I tried to make apple cinnamon pancakes and oh my gosh, nothing was cooking, it was all raw and sloppy, yet somehow also burnt in places?! 🤣 I can do normal pancakes but nothing that deviates. To make them more nutritious I add chia seeds and ground flax seed

• Haha
Reactions: 3
My partner’s brother has tested positive for covid today, he lives with his parents and another brother. We’re meant to be seeing them for Christmas on 30th so he’ll technically have finished his isolation period. I’m still pretty hesitant to have them over, I’m worried they’ll have negative lfts on the day then positive not long after. Am I overreacting, would you guys be happy to have someone over 2 days after their isolation has ended?

My partner’s brother has tested positive for covid today, he lives with his parents and another brother. We’re meant to be seeing them for Christmas on 30th so he’ll technically have finished his isolation period. I’m still pretty hesitant to have them over, I’m worried they’ll have negative lfts on the day then positive not long after. Am I overreacting, would you guys be happy to have someone over 2 days after their isolation has ended?
I’m having my BIL and his ends Xmas Eve 😵💫

I wonder though will his parents and other brother not test positive in the next week if they are going to get it, and therefore still be in their isolation by the time 30th comes? So may negate your problem? If not i would just say no thanks to them coming. If you’re not comfortable then that’s enough reason, no matter what anyone else would do ❤

I wonder though will his parents and other brother not test positive in the next week if they are going to get it, and therefore still be in their isolation by the time 30th comes? So may negate your problem? If not i would just say no thanks to them coming. If you’re not comfortable then that’s enough reason, no matter what anyone else would do ❤
it sounds bad but I’m hoping they do, literally for that reason but if not then I’m worried about how to have that conversation with my partner. Obviously he wants to see his family and I don’t want to be the “bad guy” by saying I don’t feel comfortable. I think he’ll think it’s just me being difficult and not wanting to see his family so using it as a reason (I don’t particularly get along with them, I think they’re arseholes to be blunt but they’re still my both my sons family so I’d never stop them having a relationship or anything)

it sounds bad but I’m hoping they do, literally for that reason but if not then I’m worried about how to have that conversation with my partner. Obviously he wants to see his family and I don’t want to be the “bad guy” by saying I don’t feel comfortable. I think he’ll think it’s just me being difficult and not wanting to see his family so using it as a reason (I don’t particularly get along with them, I think they’re arseholes to be blunt but they’re still my both my sons family so I’d never stop them having a relationship or anything)
Yeah I can see how that chat may not go well with your husband. Just say you know it sounds bad and you’d be happy to see them even a week later to give it time to manifest if it is going to. Obviously I don’t wish anyone to get any sort of sick, but I hope they end up unable to come to you 😉

• Heart
Hmm I think if they’ve not tested positive within the 12 days (10 days isolation + 2 days) then you should be safe, but if you’re not comfortable with it then maybe ask to push it back a few days? Are they isolating too? If so it might actually be safest to see them on 30th when they’ve all been isolating for 10 days rather than in the days after NYE once they’ve been out and about and could have picked it up if they hadn’t earlier (does that makes sense?!) but at the end of the day you should get final say not his family (or your family or anyone else for that matter!)

Hmm I think if they’ve not tested positive within the 12 days (10 days isolation + 2 days) then you should be safe, but if you’re not comfortable with it then maybe ask to push it back a few days? Are they isolating too? If so it might actually be safest to see them on 30th when they’ve all been isolating for 10 days rather than in the days after NYE once they’ve been out and about and could have picked it up if they hadn’t earlier (does that makes sense?!) but at the end of the day you should get final say not his family (or your family or anyone else for that matter!)
no I don’t think they are.. they’re double jabbed and have said it’s him isolating in his room. I’ll have to ask my partner, I’ll broach the subject and pray for an ok reaction🤞

My lo is 9 months now, so not so new born. But has just tested positive for covid, I’m so sad for him and worried. He has a cough and temp so far.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.