New baby and post birth advice #8 Too tired to think up a fun title

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To add to the toddler part, my 3 year olds current saying is "But did you see me"
For example.. "stop running in the house!"
"but did you see me do it though?"
😑
She threw a toy earlier... "but did you see me do it though?"
😑😂
I should be graduating to this thread today, but baby is too comfy, but I had to comment and say
This is not just a toddler thing. My 12 year old also does it
Me ‘have you cut your hair?’
12 yo ‘no’
Me ‘you have a fringe? You’ve never had a fringe’
12 yo ‘…’

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I should be graduating to this thread today, but baby is too comfy, but I had to comment and say
This is not just a toddler thing. My 12 year old also does it
Me ‘have you cut your hair?’
12 yo ‘no’
Me ‘you have a fringe? You’ve never had a fringe’
12 yo ‘…’
Good luck with everything! Looking forward to having you over as a full graduate hopefully very soon 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hooray I’ve finally caught up! I’ve read almost 40 pages this evening 💪🏼 Lovely that we’ve Had some new babies in the last thread too, congratulations to the newest mamas now on this thread 🥰 can you believe it’s Christmas in a week because I bloody can’t?! Talking of presents Olive has 4 and two little board books and I’m so pleased I’ve stuck to my guns and not gone mad as she doesn’t even know what day of the week it is never mind Christmas. She does however have a lovely letter off Santa to say she’s made it onto the good list mind despite the fact she can’t read she needed a letter because her brother had one. How’s he made it onto the good list mind after the last week or so’s antics mind I don’t know. I’m putting it down to Christmas excitement! On the plus side there’s only 7 more nights of the bloody elf to contend with too! Hallelujah 😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Hooray I’ve finally caught up! I’ve read almost 40 pages this evening 💪🏼 Lovely that we’ve Had some new babies in the last thread too, congratulations to the newest mamas now on this thread 🥰 can you believe it’s Christmas in a week because I bloody can’t?! Talking of presents Olive has 4 and two little board books and I’m so pleased I’ve stuck to my guns and not gone mad as she doesn’t even know what day of the week it is never mind Christmas. She does however have a lovely letter off Santa to say she’s made it onto the good list mind despite the fact she can’t read she needed a letter because her brother had one. How’s he made it onto the good list mind after the last week or so’s antics mind I don’t know. I’m putting it down to Christmas excitement! On the plus side there’s only 7 more nights of the bloody elf to contend with too! Hallelujah 😂😂
You’re a trooper doing the bloody elf haha 🥰

You’re a trooper doing the bloody elf haha 🥰
As much as it’s so annoying to do the joy on my sons face every morning when he sees what he’s done the night before is just the best! 🤩 the elf did disappear for a week due to the bad behaviour though so that was a lovely break. You won’t believe what my son did, how he wasn’t hurt or worse I don’t know. He opened all the drawers in his chest of drawers and they fell over due to the weight. Everything came crashing down, all the drawers, clothes, Xmas tree, Tv and even his bloody goldfish!! The goldfish was dead in the drawer with his pants in!! crappy, dirty goldfish water and gravel all over his bed and everywhere else!! Absolute carnage! When they tell you it gets easier they are lying. Babies are far easier than cheeky 7 year olds! 😂😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Please tell me I’m not the only one with a partner who’s literally unable to be quiet 😩

Every single night it’s the same. He feeds baby her last bottle in bed then I hold her to settle her to sleep. Yet he just cannot be bloody quiet while I’m doing it! He starts talking in a really loud voice, or starts watching something on his phone with the sound up - he even gets into bed noisily! And every time he does it baby stirs and then I have to resettle her.

I just told him if he keeps making noise then I’ll be waking him up with loud videos when I do the 6am feed. He thinks I’m joking….. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My baby has been crying since 5pm. Obviously not completely continuously but pretty much the whole time. Nothing is working to console her and it’s been nearly 8 hours. She hasn’t slept. Older child has just fallen out of bed 🥴

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Ladies I need your help my little squidgey has cradle cap and she had like really bad grusty scabs which I’ve managed to get off but it’s like sticky how can I get rid of this she keeps scratching her head she has really bad eczema but it’s like weepy kind of x
I finally managed to get rid of hers and the only thing that stopped it coming back was baby conditioner, bur if it's weepy that defo needs checked out at some stage

Reactions: 1
Oh my goodness @Kitt how freaking cute is Finn? He's absolutely gorgeous. The perfect photo. Please tell me you're using it for Christmas cards? (Yes I am one of those mum's!)

My baby boy has had a different festive outfit everyday in December. The people on my social media must be bored crazy but I LOVE Christmas!!!! 😂🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 4
As much as it’s so annoying to do the joy on my sons face every morning when he sees what he’s done the night before is just the best! 🤩 the elf did disappear for a week due to the bad behaviour though so that was a lovely break. You won’t believe what my son did, how he wasn’t hurt or worse I don’t know. He opened all the drawers in his chest of drawers and they fell over due to the weight. Everything came crashing down, all the drawers, clothes, Xmas tree, Tv and even his bloody goldfish!! The goldfish was dead in the drawer with his pants in!! crappy, dirty goldfish water and gravel all over his bed and everywhere else!! Absolute carnage! When they tell you it gets easier they are lying. Babies are far easier than cheeky 7 year olds! 😂😂
As someone with a phobia of fish that i am equally horrified and totally nauseated 😂🤢

@Lulu Goss .. yes same here. he’s a human foghorn and sleep talks too 🙃 he was on sofa again last night and baby tango didn’t stir for 12 hours, so it must be him and his big farty bum waking her up

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No way, that’s mad! My 8yo decided after my parents had just moved in to their house that climbing up an empty bookcase was the way forward. Needless to say it came down with her, luckilythe top of it landed on a paper shredder (of all things) so it didn’t it the floor and she was able to roll out. My brother then immediately anchored all the furniture in their new house to the wall. Again, not a toddler but such an idiotic move on her part, it’s the older ones you’ve gotta look out for!
PSA: anchor your furniture people!

We also have the elves 🙄 we held out for years then one Christmas it was the only thing on my daughter’s Christmas list so 🤷🏻‍♀️ We actually have 4, one for each kid just for extra fun… we don’t stick to the whole can’t touch them, Santa is watching, thing. They play with them all day, we move them at night, they leave the advent chocolate for them, and that’s that.

Reactions: 5
Getting the drill out today to anchor furniture to the wall 🤣
Potentially a stupid q - at night baby feels sweaty but also cold, is she too hot or too cold? My brain has ceased to function 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Getting the drill out today to anchor furniture to the wall 🤣
Potentially a stupid q - at night baby feels sweaty but also cold, is she too hot or too cold? My brain has ceased to function 🤣🤣
If she is sweaty on her back then too hot. If her hands and feet are too cold that’s not an issue. I use the back of the neck, or preferably the back itself, to check temp.
We are at my in laws. Their house is so warm it’s horrendous. I am sleeping with the window open in flipping December.

Reactions: 2
If she is sweaty on her back then too hot. If her hands and feet are too cold that’s not an issue. I use the back of the neck, or preferably the back itself, to check temp.
We are at my in laws. Their house is so warm it’s horrendous. I am sleeping with the window open in flipping December.
This is what my bedroom is like constantly! It had all the hot pipes running under it so even the floor is warm!
We sleep with the window open and a fan on all year round!
Yet Everyleighs bedroom doesn't even have a radiator so had to buy an oil one for in there!

Reactions: 2
Our house is so weird it goes from boiling to freezing in 0.3 seconds. So her back and chest are cool but her head and neck are sweaty (like clammy I guess?)

Oh my goodness @Kitt how freaking cute is Finn? He's absolutely gorgeous. The perfect photo. Please tell me you're using it for Christmas cards? (Yes I am one of those mum's!)

My baby boy has had a different festive outfit everyday in December. The people on my social media must be bored crazy but I LOVE Christmas!!!! 😂🥴
Ahhh thank you so much. He’s so beautiful isn’t he. Oh yes, photos taken with the intention of Christmas card for nanny and grandad.

Haha I love it. Finn’s going festive today and we have about 5 outfits for him to wear over Christmas too. He’s going to be a snowman on Christmas morning 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.