New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A rough night last night. Co-slept then noticed little one had a fever at 1am. Managed to get an OOH GP appointment and it turned out that she's got an ear infection. So now on antibiotics & lots of cuddles & co-sleeping to give her the comfort she needs. At least yesterday's crying makes sense now.

Woke up this morning & I feel like I've been hit by a bus. My chest is tight, my sinuses are full & conjunctivitis 😫 it's looking like it's a PJ kinda day for my household because hubby is feeling the same as me.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
A rough night last night. Co-slept then noticed little one had a fever at 1am. Managed to get an OOH GP appointment and it turned out that she's got an ear infection. So now on antibiotics & lots of cuddles & co-sleeping to give her the comfort she needs. At least yesterday's crying makes sense now.

Woke up this morning & I feel like I've been hit by a bus. My chest is tight, my sinuses are full & conjunctivitis 😫 it's looking like it's a PJ kinda day for my household because hubby is feeling the same as me.
That’s the worst when you’re all poorly at the same time. Hope you’re all feeling better soon! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Oh you’ve had such a rough run of it lately 😢 hope the antibiotics kick in soon. Keep an eye on yourself too in case you need some antibiotics. Hope you can all manage to have a restful day ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
KW rant, does anyone else’s husband forget to make the baby food? Like he has just made 5 breakfast and made his own and TF is grabbing at her sisters plate…. Because she’s 15 months and wants breakfast?!!!! 🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠 he’s such a tool.
Mine was watching baby while I showered and pretended he didn’t know baby burrito had filled his nappy. I could smell it as soon as I walked in 😤 so lazy!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Has anyone baby gone through a strange blinking phase. Like he will blink slowly a few times…. Only started last few days and I was playing silly faces with him at dinner time the other night so wonder if he’s copied it from there. But I’m also a massive worried and my husband family a few suffer from epilepsy so I’m worried it could be linked to something like that.

Has anyone baby gone through a strange blinking phase. Like he will blink slowly a few times…. Only started last few days and I was playing silly faces with him at dinner time the other night so wonder if he’s copied it from there. But I’m also a massive worried and my husband family a few suffer from epilepsy so I’m worried it could be linked to something like that.
It could just be him messing about as you say, but worth keeping an eye on and logging when they happen/for how long and how he seems before, during and after so that if it carries on you can see the GP for advice and go armed with information. Please try not to worry, it's probably nothing but it's good to monitor just in case ❤

It could just be him messing about as you say, but worth keeping an eye on and logging when they happen/for how long and how he seems before, during and after so that if it carries on you can see the GP for advice and go armed with information. Please try not to worry, it's probably nothing but it's good to monitor just in case ❤
Thanks, yeah I will make a note. Trying to get a video of it but he stops…. He only does it like 2/3 times. Hopefully just something he’s copying

• Heart
Hi ladies, I’m 22 weeks pregnant and making my pram / car seat decision very soon. Would you say I really do need a black/dark coloured one for longevity? The one I have fallen in love with is beige and I don’t know if I’m just asking for trouble!
We have a black car seat, let me just say, baby sick isn't black....
If its the occarro you're looking at, also really think about how heavy it is. It's OK when they're in the carrycot as you have to take it off to get in the car but once they're in the seat it is really quite heavy. Apart from that I really love it but do understand why people swap it for a smaller pram.

Reactions: 2
Hi ladies, I’m 22 weeks pregnant and making my pram / car seat decision very soon. Would you say I really do need a black/dark coloured one for longevity? The one I have fallen in love with is beige and I don’t know if I’m just asking for trouble!
I have a dark grey one and it does get quite bashed up with the constant in and out of the car / house, as well as getting random marks from walks (eg squeezing past cars and having to basically walk halfway into a bush, and other such joys).

I have one black Nuna and it shows marks esp now with pram snacks. But also have a light grey cybex which has a few identified marks on that have stained…. I’d go for a dark colour if I picked again.

We have a black car seat, let me just say, baby sick isn't black....
If its the occarro you're looking at, also really think about how heavy it is. It's OK when they're in the carrycot as you have to take it off to get in the car but once they're in the seat it is really quite heavy. Apart from that I really love it but do understand why people swap it for a smaller pram.
I'd second this about the Ocarro, although on the plus side my arms are getting more and more jacked by the day 😂

Yes pick a light car seat! We had the reclining one for our last baby and it was so heavy, I went for the basic Cybex this time (in black but basically because I like it to match my car 😂) and it’s been soooo much easier x

ETA - I really really wanted a doona but we got the car seat in a Cybex package and couldn’t justify it on top but that would be vote if £££ wasn’t an option. We knew it was our last baby and couldn’t justify another £500 with the base on top x

I have that carseat but it's extremely heavy... I find it ok because my strength is good but I've to nearly tell some people not to bother. In regards to colour it's up to you , it drive me demented with marks and stuff but it depends how clean you are

I have that carseat but it's extremely heavy... I find it ok because my strength is good but I've to nearly tell some people not to bother. In regards to colour it's up to you , it drive me demented with marks and stuff but it depends how clean you are
Ah I haven’t felt it in person yet, got the appointment booked at M&P on Monday. That would be enough to put me off though I’m weak as anything 😂

It’s the M&P Strada style, not the Ocarro. I don’t know if it’s any lighter. I’ll be sure to test if I ca handle the weight first so thank you everyone! And yep I’m gonna have to go darker aren’t I (Just googled and it’s 3kg lighter!)

Ah I haven’t felt it in person yet, got the appointment booked at M&P on Monday. That would be enough to put me off though I’m weak as anything 😂

It’s the M&P Strada style, not the Ocarro. I don’t know if it’s any lighter. I’ll be sure to test if I ca handle the weight first so thank you everyone! And yep I’m gonna have to go darker aren’t I (Just googled and it’s 3kg lighter!)
I have a M&P Strada and the actual pushchair part is fine weight wise, although I will say it’s not particularly great on uneven surfaces, I think it’s supposed to be more of a “city” pushchair. Luckily my husband has a much cheaper Joie one which we always use if we know we are going somewhere with gravel or particularly bumpy paths.

It’s the car seat that ridiculously heavy, it will probably be fine at first but as baby gets heavier it gets really hard to use it to quickly put onto the pushchair base to pop into the shops for example

So I was making the girls breakfast this morning and came out to bring it to them to find TF just getting to the top of the stairs. Husband was meant to be watching her and I am so angry.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
So I was making the girls breakfast this morning and came out to bring it to them to find TF just getting to the top of the stairs. Husband was meant to be watching her and I am so angry.
Probably on his bloody phone.
My hubby is Constantly on his phone and the boasts how baby is great at tummy time and stuff...never once sat down and did it the lazy scrot

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.