New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah it seems more worthwhile to wait until the last 2 months where I am due nil pay, otherwise I’ll lose something like £40 per day (and nursery will cost £60 per day so could do with the money!).
Absolutely! And 100% read your policy as I’ve always known half days be a possibility - doesn’t help with nursery necessarily but means you can do meetings (RTW ones count) and get paid for it xx

Reactions: 1
Sorry for the random question but for those who breastfed, when you weaned baby off the boob did you experience any cramping near your ovaries? I've only had one period since giving birth 6 months ago and I slowly weaned baby off and now I've been two-three days with no pumping either and the pain I'm having is pretty bad. I'm due another period next week (if it comes on time) but I've never had period pain like this before. I didn't have it last month either and my period was shorter and lighter than before I got pregnant (they used to be super heavy and last up to 9 days). Wonder whether it's just my body adapting or if I need to see a doctor.
My baby is 7 months and fully breastfed, I had my first period a couple of weeks ago. I was expecting a heavy one after so long, but it was really light and only lasted 2/3 days. I do keep getting period pain style cramping. I’ll have it one day and not the next but it isn’t too painful x

Reactions: 2
My daughter who is 16months every Thursday night/ Friday morning decides at 2.30/3am to get up it’s like she knows this is her dads day in the office so I have to take her away so he can sleep but I’m back to work soon and she’s driving me demented. Her doing this totally messes up our Friday routine, last week when her dad had Friday off she was fine it’s like she knows wtf

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
My daughter who is 16months every Thursday night/ Friday morning decides at 2.30/3am to get up it’s like she knows this is her dads day in the office so I have to take her away so he can sleep but I’m back to work soon and she’s driving me demented. Her doing this totally messes up our Friday routine, last week when her dad had Friday off she was fine it’s like she knows wtf
Does your or her routine the night before differ than to a WFH day for him? Different bedtime/bath/meals? I wonder how she knows!

Any tips how to get 13 month old to allow me to brush his teeth? Iv tried pretending to do mine, letting him do mine, numerous types of tooth brush… him holding one while I brush…. Anything else I can try?
It’s so hard isn’t it! Baby VT is obsessed with the toothbrush but she just wants to hit things with it 🤦‍♀️ She won’t let me brush them for her, she will stand and watch me and chew her brush or sit play with it. Miss Rachel had song about tooth cleaning which she likes too but not enough to copy!

What a night!
Little one decided she would only co-sleep. So after a super busy day whilst not feeling 100% with a horrid cold, I had an awful sleep & now little one is on top form since she slept like a dream but only when in with me.

Praying this is a phase because I miss good sleep

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What a night!
Little one decided she would only co-sleep. So after a super busy day whilst not feeling 100% with a horrid cold, I had an awful sleep & now little one is on top form since she slept like a dream but only when in with me.

Oh yes I had TF in with me and she tried every single position available to mankind as a sleeping position (including on top of my face). I’m not my best today. Solidarity, sister.

• Heart
My baby is 7 months and fully breastfed, I had my first period a couple of weeks ago. I was expecting a heavy one after so long, but it was really light and only lasted 2/3 days. I do keep getting period pain style cramping. I’ll have it one day and not the next but it isn’t too painful x
Mine is just coming up to 5 months and also fully breastfed but I haven't had a period yet. Over a year without one has been just delightful 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Does your or her routine the night before differ than to a WFH day for him? Different bedtime/bath/meals? I wonder how she knows!
No everything is the same I wonder does she have a wee calendar somewhere fs

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Oh yes I had TF in with me and she tried every single position available to mankind as a sleeping position (including on top of my face). I’m not my best today. Solidarity, sister.
It's one of them days. I've had constant tears for an hour. She's got her back teeth coming through so she's not in the best mood 😫 and naturally the tears are making me feel like I'm doing a tit job so it's a fun day here 😫😭

Fingers crossed it gets better!

• Heart
What a night!

Hopefully it’s just a one off for you!

I don’t think I’d mind co-sleeping if everyone was comfortable and woke up well rested, but pretty sure ours little one is also the only one waking up well rested 😅

I’ve been praying it’s a phase for a while now😂 I think we’ve been co-sleeping just over a month now.. started around 14months.. we said we’d never would do it but we have no choice if we want any sort of sleep really 🙃
he goes down fine at bedtime but wakes up anytime from 12-2, doesn’t matter what you try to get him to sleep there.. nothing works, so we put him in our bed and falls asleep fine there until morning

I miss having enough room and covers. I always wake up in pain because I’ve slept in some awkward position just to fit around little one safely 😭

I’m not even sure how we break the cycle at this point, it’s just always fingers crossed that one night he will just sleep through in his cot again.. but each night we go to bed fully expecting he’ll be joining us in a few hours

• Heart
We had a lot of split nights around 13-14 months. It was every single night between 2-4am. I know every boddler is different but it stopped for us (minus sickness and teething) after about 6 weeks.

Reactions: 1
We had a lot of split nights around 13-14 months. It was every single night between 2-4am. I know every boddler is different but it stopped for us (minus sickness and teething) after about 6 weeks.
This is what I thinks causing it. Her back teeth are coming through and she's had her jabs and a viral infection.
It doesn't help that the very same viral infection is now wiping me out 😫

• Heart
This is what I thinks causing it. Her back teeth are coming through and she's had her jabs and a viral infection.
It doesn't help that the very same viral infection is now wiping me out 😫
Solidarity. We were the same back in February/March. Jabs, teething, viral infection, ear infection, off nursery, recover, back to nursery, viral infection, ear infection, teething, bronchiolitis, off nursery, recover - the cycle continued. Didn’t help that I was getting sick as well so I feel your pain, it’s tough but you got this ❤

Mini justme has still got a little cough now that hasn’t really left but just varies week by week and we have teething episodes every now then but I can definitely see his immune system is a lot stronger to back in January and surprisingly the teetha granules seem to be doing the job better than abesol liquid for us these days. Oh and sleep is a lot better too!! So fingers crossed you have good sleep coming your way soon too.

• Heart
We had this too, baby L's witching hours are 11.45pm, 2am or 2.45, it's weirdly consistent 🫠🫠 he's got so many teeth coming through I'm amazed he's not constantly crying. Top molars are just through the gum and bottom ones are these huge bulges which must be on their way 😭

• Heart
Thanks all. I'm mentally struggling with it today. Normally I can shoulder it well but today my happy, good sleeper, good eater baby is just not herself with her inconsolable crying and her refusal to eat. That and yet again my husband "isn't feeling well" and "needing his rest", conveniently on a weekend again, so it's another weekend all on my shoulders. It ends up getting a bit much tbh.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Thanks all. I'm mentally struggling with it today. Normally I can shoulder it well but today my happy, good sleeper, good eater baby is just not herself with her inconsolable crying and her refusal to eat. That and yet again my husband "isn't feeling well" and "needing his rest", conveniently on a weekend again, so it's another weekend all on my shoulders. It ends up getting a bit much tbh.
I've nothing to say to help just that it's tit being the default parent.

• Heart
Seriously though… where do all the effing dummies go? It’s mental.
---
I hard relate to all of this. I may murder if he talks about how tired he is one more time.
I underestimated how difficult it would be to go from 1 to 2 children. It’s so hard. Some days I can handle it. Other days I feel like I’m having a nervous breakdown. My husband called me “unhinged” the other day and I almost smashed a plate I was so livid.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does anyone have any suggestions on promoting independence in younger toddlers? Baby WC is 13.5 months and is only just starting to copy what we do (literally this weekend - we played a game of putting balls in the box, then taking them out again, but it's the first time he's started to understand 'instructions' really). OH is still doing his best to spoon feed him and when I challenge him says "but it's messy" or "but he can't do it properly" like yes that's the whole point, he can't do it because you don't let him! I keep seeing tiktoks and reels of toddlers his age or younger who are participating *loosely using that term, haha* in things like chopping fruit, putting away some of the washing up, 'sweeping'. But I can't imagine mine doing that.

We tried to get him to put some coffee pods in the pot we store them in (picking them up and moving them from box they come in to the pot on the counter) and he just shoved one straight in his mouth. 😑

I swear I don't want a little housework slave, I just want him to try different things! Hah. Maybe I'm trying to do this stuff too early?
I just came onto this thread to reminisce about the early days, my sons 4 and would still prefer me to spoon feed him so
I wouldn’t worry too much ! 😂💓

KW rant, does anyone else’s husband forget to make the baby food? Like he has just made 5 breakfast and made his own and TF is grabbing at her sisters plate…. Because she’s 15 months and wants breakfast?!!!! 🫠🫠🫠🫠🫠 he’s such a tool.