New baby and post birth advice #58 Where have all the dummies gone?!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby Ros first birthday today and I can’t believe this time last year we were having snuggles in the (hellish) post natal ward after a lovely planned section 😭 Now he was just going after other babies and running riot at his music class 🤪
I am so done in I think from all the emotions and will be postponing making his cake until the weekend 😂
Does anyone who is midlands / Yorkshire based know of any passes to attractions? A bit like a Merlin pass but to local zoos / farms? Google isn’t giving me much so maybe none exist!
happy birthday baby Ro!!!!
Depends where abouts you are. I'm west Yorkshire. There's Yorkshire wildlife park, Chester zoo, cannon hall farm (from the farm programme on channel 5) but they'd all be individual.
Chester zoo is our membership of choice. We love our days out there.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any recommendations for breast feeding friendly tops please? I have some vests already but looking for something with short sleeves ideally for the summer.
I've found shirts and blouses to be best for breastfeeding when out and about. M&S have some lovely linen and light cotton shirts in at the moment - I was just in there this morning and there's a nice selection of summery colours and some short sleeve styles. I've just been wearing long sleeve ones and rolling them up though!

Does anyone have any recommendations for breast feeding friendly tops please? I have some vests already but looking for something with short sleeves ideally for the summer.
Milky tee & Juno Jack's do nice t shirts with the zips. I also used to search on etsy for nursing/breastfeeding tops. Not huge selection so I just tend to wear a normal top and lift it up but that's prob as it's my second time, with my first I felt more comfortable with the breastfeeding tops or one up one down. When he was younger and would stay latched the whole feed I liked a shirt to button down but now as he's on and off I feel more exposed so prefer being able to quickly pull my top down when he pops off.
We are away just now and at almost 7 months he feeds so regularly compared to my first so been doing a lot of out and about feeding compared to normal life, today it was infront of the wolves today at the Scottish deer centre 👋

• Heart
Baby Ros first birthday today and I can’t believe this time last year we were having snuggles in the (hellish) post natal ward after a lovely planned section 😭 Now he was just going after other babies and running riot at his music class 🤪
I am so done in I think from all the emotions and will be postponing making his cake until the weekend 😂
Does anyone who is midlands / Yorkshire based know of any passes to attractions? A bit like a Merlin pass but to local zoos / farms? Google isn’t giving me much so maybe none exist!
Happy birthday Baby Ro… hope Youv had a wonderful day.

• Heart
Shirred dresses or tops are great because they aren’t fiddly, just stretch down and then pull back up after you’ve finished x

Reactions: 1
Happy Birthday baby Ro!!! ❤🎉🥳

• Heart
Baby bandit finally has his paediatrics assessment tomorrow about his digestive issues - does anyone whose baby has had similar issues/potential CMPA have any advice for how to get them to take it seriously and to actually form an action plan rather than fobbing me off with "it'll get better on its own" like the GP kept doing? I've written some summary notes about symptoms/attempted treatments so far and made a list of recent poo frequency/type 😅 and am also going to write down some questions I want answering about how to help him. Anything I've missed?!

• Heart
happy birthday baby Ro!!!!
Depends where abouts you are. I'm west Yorkshire. There's Yorkshire wildlife park, Chester zoo, cannon hall farm (from the farm programme on channel 5) but they'd all be individual.
Chester zoo is our membership of choice. We love our days out there.
Might make it my mission to try them out from now until September then look at what ones we like best. I don’t mind driving a couple of hours for a good one. Hope baby samsie is ok today despite chicken pox and has a great birthday with you!!

• Heart
Baby bandit finally has his paediatrics assessment tomorrow about his digestive issues - does anyone whose baby has had similar issues/potential CMPA have any advice for how to get them to take it seriously and to actually form an action plan rather than fobbing me off with "it'll get better on its own" like the GP kept doing? I've written some summary notes about symptoms/attempted treatments so far and made a list of recent poo frequency/type 😅 and am also going to write down some questions I want answering about how to help him. Anything I've missed?!
I don't have any advice I'm afraid but hope it goes well!

• Heart
Sounds like you’ve done a great job. I didn’t have this battle, what a stupid and unhelpful GP you have. Sounds disgusting but photos are helpful. Good luck and hope you get the result you are looking for.

• Heart
How old is baby bandit again? And what milk is he having? I would say don’t accept anything they say unless they give a plan, don’t leave until you have something to follow. My son has cmpa and has other allergies now but we didn’t see a paediatrician just a dietitian. He had awful digestive issues until we solved the milk problem.
I had to do all my own research (and still do) so if they really don’t take you seriously I’d start doing that. I hope it goes well and you don’t need to 🙏🙏 keep us updated x

• Heart
Has anyone’s little one not started nursery till around 2…. Or they aren’t planning too?

I’m having a hard time decided, my heart doesn’t want him to go till abit later but I don’t wanna hold him back in anyway.

• Heart
Has anyone’s little one not started nursery till around 2…. Or they aren’t planning too?

I’m having a hard time decided, my heart doesn’t want him to go till abit later but I don’t wanna hold him back in anyway.
I don’t plan on sending baby Ro until he’s 3, partly because my job before him was in childcare and I don’t want to go back to look after other people’s children whilst not seeing him Monday-Friday.
So we sacrificed moving 200 miles away to be able to afford to do it.
You won’t be holding him back at all!!
Nurseries and the childcare sector love to say it “helps” children in the long run when it doesn’t make a difference to their development. But it helps them financially to say so.
1-1 care is incredible for them if you can afford to do it but nursery is a great option if you can’t, or if you just want to go back to work!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thanks all ❤ @Ro98 yes I've found the research thing so have turned into a flipping honorary paediatric digestive expert haha 🤓 he's 11 months and has been struggling since he was about 2 weeks old, so I'm going into the appointment with fury that I'm channeling into determination that no-one would do more than prescribe a laxative until now. The GP who referred him to paediatrics said it couldn't be CMPA despite him meeting nearly all the criteria because he was gaining weight ok 🙄🤬 I've researched NHS CMPA pathways and criteria as evidence and have summarised what's been tried and what was dismissed - I'm going to ask to try extensively hydrolysed formula to test the CMPA theory and if they don't agree will ask what the treatment plan will be instead and when/how it'll be reviewed. It's taken forever to get to this point, I'm not being fobbed off again!!

@Nosysamsie Happy Birthday baby Samsie! Hope she's feeling ok ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Thanks all ❤ @Ro98 yes I've found the research thing so have turned into a flipping honorary paediatric digestive expert haha 🤓 he's 11 months and has been struggling since he was about 2 weeks old, so I'm going into the appointment with fury that I'm channeling into determination that no-one would do more than prescribe a laxative until now. The GP who referred him to paediatrics said it couldn't be CMPA despite him meeting nearly all the criteria because he was gaining weight ok 🙄🤬 I've researched NHS CMPA pathways and criteria as evidence and have summarised what's been tried and what was dismissed - I'm going to ask to try extensively hydrolysed formula to test the CMPA theory and if they don't agree will ask what the treatment plan will be instead and when/how it'll be reviewed. It's taken forever to get to this point, I'm not being fobbed off again!!

@Nosysamsie Happy Birthday baby Samsie! Hope she's feeling ok ❤
That is so upsetting I can’t believe it’s gone on for so long!!! As a note we had to buy the extensively hydrolysed at first when he was 4months as GP refused, it cost us £130 for a weeks worth but they then prescribed it when it worked. So as a last last resort you could have that but paediatrics I hope will be better for you!!

• Heart
  • Wow
That is so upsetting I can’t believe it’s gone on for so long!!! As a note we had to buy the extensively hydrolysed at first when he was 4months as GP refused, it cost us £130 for a weeks worth but they then prescribed it when it worked. So as a last last resort you could have that but paediatrics I hope will be better for you!!
That’s utterly shocking you had to pay out for that! 🤦🏻‍♀️ what if you didn’t have the funds?!
@Pontiac_Bandit theres a soya milk that SMA do that’s available in many supermarkets for £15 per 800g which is suitable for CMPA diets (but obviously doesn’t help if they’re also allergic to soya) in case you have to trial something first.

warning though, all these milks absolutely stink 😂

• Heart

I didn't send my eldest to nursery until the year before he started school. He then only did 6 months because of Covid. Again, sample size of 1 child, but its definitely not held him back.
It came up in conversation with a teacher once at parents evening, and she said once they get to school you cannot look around a class of kids and pick out the ones who did or didn't go to nursery from a young age.

I 100% do not regret not sending him, and provided my parents stay fit and healthy enough to keep providing childcare, Baby Biscuit also won't be going until she turns 3 either.

Reactions: 4
Hi all,
I’m 4 months 3 days postpartum, and in the last few days my scar is killing me(emergency C-section). I’m 3 days into my cycle. Last night I noticed a smell and when I had a look, seen a light yellow discharge coming from the middle.. I still get mild cramps and what I can only describe as an electric shock going across the wound but the pain is bearable and nothing like what it was in the first 2 months (I suffered terrible!)
I know everyone is going to rush me to the gp but I don’t drive, find it hard to get a babysitter and the double pram is a nightmare going anywhere on my own.
I’ll 100% be going to the gp but it’ll be at least a week before I get an appointment, so if anyone has any tips or advice to tie me over for a few days I’d greatly appreciate it 🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Heart
thanks @DiscoBiscuit & @Ro98 I feel so uneasy about sending him yet…. Had a few people tell me I need to for his development… but we go to 2 stay and plays… a 2 other baby sessions a week….surely they help too! I just keep thinking he won’t understand why I’m not there and it upsets me. Think I really deep down want to wait till 2. Pretty sure we can do it financially and before having him I always said I’d plan to take 2 years off with him… esp knowing we won’t have another.

• Heart
Warning, poo talk!

Baby Skates has had the runs for about 5 days now, yesterday was a really bad day for him, every nappy change was just pure liquid poo. He was sick during the night, projectile and then pooed in the bath 🤦🏼‍♀️

he’s now refusing food, milk and water and is generally lethargic. He’s 10 months old and has only had 2oz milk since 7pm yesterday.
Am I right to get him to the doctors if I can? I always panic that they’ll think I’m just a fussy mum and they won’t take us seriously.

• Heart
  • Sad