New baby and post birth advice #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To lighten the mood- what’s your mum name? I’m mama or mummy, purely mama because I’ve been mama to the dogs for 7 years and it suits me lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
To lighten the mood- what’s your mum name? I’m mama or mummy, purely mama because I’ve been mama to the dogs for 7 years and it suits me lol.
Mamamamama or my elder two have adapted Mumma - don’t know where they’ve got it from but I love it 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Mummy but she doesn’t say that yet.
When 5 was smaller she used to call my husband “the other one”

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Baby fudge was premature so he had to be fed and had his blood sugars checked every 2 hours that first night, I didn’t sleep a wink because by the time he was fed and taken to have his tests it was back to feeding again and we struggled with breast feeding because he was so sleepy from being early and wouldn’t latch so the nurse had to keep hand expressing from me and then we had to top up with formula it was the most exhausting night of my life, the next night he went every 3 hours and the nurse offered to feed him for me for one feed so I could rest, I had 4 hours sleep and I felt like a new woman! I was so grateful to that nurse, going through birth and then this whole new experience of learning what to do with baby and the struggles of breast feeding, I do understand what WeepingC meant by needing a bit of help!
I know all babies are different but how long before your baby stopped being sleepy? -, having the same issue he's one week old and still not right and he was only born at 37w5d so he's not that premie but I had a growth issue 😔😔😔 he's in a special care unit and won't leave him home until he's right

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Also… I was talking to my friend and she didn’t realise and neither did I, so sharing. Neocate can make them have green poos.
I’ve been stressed he had another allergy but actually it was his milk 🙈

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I know all babies are different but how long before your baby stopped being sleepy? -, having the same issue he's one week old and still not right and he was only born at 37w5d so he's not that premie but I had a growth issue 😔😔😔 he's in a special care unit and won't leave him home until he's right
Jumping to reply here as I too had a prem at 35 weeks. Babies sleep for hours and hours and he’s only just got wake windows more than a feed time at 9 weeks. They’re sleepy for a long time, whether they’re prem or not

Also… I was talking to my friend and she didn’t realise and neither did I, so sharing. Neocate can make them have green poos.
I’ve been stressed he had another allergy but actually it was his milk 🙈
We were on this for a while and our little one’s poo was the weirdest green colour 😂 he’s not on it now but I feel like it permanently changed his poo 🤣

The first 6 weeks literally all he did was sleep and only woke for feeds!! He’s a lot more awake now between feeds but still a good sleeper and he’s very chilled
I did have to wake him for feeds for the first maybe 2 weeks because otherwise he probably would’ve kept sleeping but he started to wake up for feeds himself then!

Reactions: 1
We were on this for a while and our little one’s poo was the weirdest green colour 😂 he’s not on it now but I feel like it permanently changed his poo 🤣
We’re on it for a bit longer, even though he’s 12 months because he’s dropped centiles 🫠 but it was good to finally know 😂

• Heart
The first 6 weeks literally all he did was sleep and only woke for feeds!! He’s a lot more awake now between feeds but still a good sleeper and he’s very chilled
I did have to wake him for feeds for the first maybe 2 weeks because otherwise he probably would’ve kept sleeping but he started to wake up for feeds himself then!
Ah yes I understand, it seems to be their worried he won't wake himself for feeds but Im. Happy to stick with a routine. The nurse today was not happy with him it seems to be so subjective as at the start of the day we were given the impression he was coming home and then we'll she said no. Its just so hard especially when I'm bf and pumping I feel like a milk machine and spent no other time with him really just to bf him. I just want him home

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Poor baby F is really struggling with trumps!
She burps well when feeding but keeps struggling to trump and is in pain. We do some baby massage, gentle hip twists, moving of her legs but she still struggles. HV was absoloute no help with any advice. Anyone others little ones had this issue and helpful tips?

• Heart
She burps well when feeding but keeps struggling to trump and is in pain. We do some baby massage, gentle hip twists, moving of her legs but she still struggles. HV was absoloute no help with any advice. Anyone others little ones had this issue and helpful tips?
I’ve been giving baby burrito a probiotic supplement and I think it helped. I use the optibac drops in his bottle. Tummy time could help too? Nothing worse than watching them struggle 😫

At the moment I’m “EH!” But we say mum/mummy, he makes the “mama” noise but not really as a word if that makes sense? But he will about EH to get my attention 🤣

• Haha
At the moment I’m “EH!” But we say mum/mummy, he makes the “mama” noise but not really as a word if that makes sense? But he will about EH to get my attention 🤣
LOL. To clarify, she doesn’t say either of those things. Much to my husband’s upset she’s started saying “dada” but we use the word for dad in Urdu so he’s forever asking her “who is this dada you speak of”.

• Haha
I’ve been giving baby burrito a probiotic supplement and I think it helped. I use the optibac drops in his bottle. Tummy time could help too? Nothing worse than watching them struggle 😫
We have been using these too! Baby fudge is always farting now 🤣

• Haha
Throw her over your shoulder and walk up and down the stairs or dance with her. Elongating the body definitely helps. We also use infacol which gives lovely orangey burps

She is on kendamil and we have been giving her the comfort drops, haven't seen much of a difference yet. Trying tummy time and lots of time just laying on my chest whilst I'm watching TV which she is more comfortable with.
Throw her over your shoulder and walk up and down the stairs or dance with her. Elongating the body definitely helps. We also use infacol which gives lovely orangey burps
We live in a bungalow so that one's not going to work 😂 She does like it when I'm standing ad has actually liked her playmat today. We have tried infacol and dentinox which don't seem to make any difference unfortunately.

Reactions: 2
This is such a cute idea! Just mummy here but my eldest calls me *his name* mummy or my mummy and makes my heart swell every time 🥰 was wondering if baby will just copy what we are all now like currently my dad is yaya for some reason🤔 found out that yia yia means granny in Greek which kinda suits him 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
She is on kendamil and we have been giving her the comfort drops, haven't seen much of a difference yet. Trying tummy time and lots of time just laying on my chest whilst I'm watching TV which she is more comfortable with.

We live in a bungalow so that one's not going to work 😂 She does like it when I'm standing ad has actually liked her playmat today. We have tried infacol and dentinox which don't seem to make any difference unfortunately.
Baby bandit had (still has 🥴) issues with trapped wind and painful tummy - tummy time, massaging and dentinox all helped a bit, but being prescribed a laxative helped more. They're hesitant to prescribe under 3 months as we essentially got told "it's colic, deal with it, it'll pass" but when he was screaming in pain one night the 111 doctor prescribed lactulose and then at 5 months we changed to movicol/cosmocol as lactulose was no longer effective. The doctor also suggested small amounts of cooled boiled water between bottles to help get things moving but I think you have to get a doctor's permission under 6 months? Might be worth ringing your surgery to ask for an appointment/telephone call to discuss options?
---
We had our call with the dietician yesterday and I know a few others have mentioned waiting lists etc…
She was exceptionally helpful! I feel like we waited a bit too long for a lot of the advice and I probably knew a lot with having 3 CMPA children but nonetheless helpful.
She agreed that a child that is suffering with severe constipation regularly isn’t normal and has put a plan in place with a few little things to help and is going to see him in person in 4 weeks.
(4 weeks so we can see if any of them help)
I feel like for the first time in 12 months, someone listened to the problem and actually wanted to help!
So for anyone still waiting, may there be light at the end of the tunnel x
I'm so glad the appointment went well and you've been listened to and got advice/a planned follow up ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.