New baby and post birth advice #56

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
great suggestion, thank you I hate how all consuming parenting is!
How old is your little one? Wood is getting easier (she says as he’s just started teething ). He loves lying in his cot, watching his mobile. This gives me a good hour of doing stuff and I can do this a couple of times a day.

Reactions: 2
We use weleda teething granules and swear by it! Just mix with a bit of water if they’re not on solids yet. My boy gets so excited when it comes out and just takes it straight, ends up with white powder all over his face

We use weleda teething granules and swear by it! Just mix with a bit of water if they’re not on solids yet. My boy gets so excited when it comes out and just takes it straight, ends up with white powder all over his face
An issue in the future but not now thanks, I’ll see how he does on the gel and go from there.
How long per tooth am I looking at? Google gives me a lot of different times

An issue in the future but not now thanks, I’ll see how he does on the gel and go from there.
Hate to say but I don’t think they ever stop teething
It’s felt that way for us anyway

We’ve just had a short break from around 11-12months but pretty sure his first molars won’t be long..

Reactions: 1
How old is your little one? Wood is getting easier (she says as he’s just started teething ). He loves lying in his cot, watching his mobile. This gives me a good hour of doing stuff and I can do this a couple of times a day.
hes 13 weeks! Definitely getting easier, he loves watching our dog while he’s in the bouncer she provided endless entertainment.

I definitely posted my first post in frustration as my partner had been away all day and I was STRUGGLING but now he’s back, baby is asleep and I’m in the bath feeling a lot more zen

Reactions: 5
I got some teething tubes off Amazon. They were only around £5 I think and Baby G loves them. They have bristle type things on one end and he seems to find them easy enough to hold.

It’s basically never ending once it starts 🫠 it can take a few months for the tooth to erupt as they’re all just moving around to begin with and then a few weeks for the tooth to fully erupt and come out. We still have no teeth yet at 8.5 months but the past week we have had teething and swollen gums! My niece is 2 and still hasn’t got all her baby teeth yet so looks like we have a long time of enjoying this part

Reactions: 3
Yes I’m finding baby fudge a lot easier now he’s 15 weeks, he’s started to reach out and really concentrate on the toys on his bouncer and play mat so I can leave him there ages while I get stuff done especially when I took him to work last week I managed to groom a whole dog without having to settle him once! He was quite happy sat in his bouncer watching me!

Reactions: 7
The whole why did you want to be a mum thing is unfair. You’re still a human, you still need rest when you’re sick just like he did. Such a shitty comment but trust me you’re not alone in having it slung at you . I hope you feel better soon.
---
The nuby keys you can put in the freezer are a favourite here.

Reactions: 9
Unless it was an immaculate conception, I assume he was involved, and therefore wanted to be a parent too?
Tell him to grow up!

Reactions: 13
Never rains but it f**king tips it down!
A women drove into us in car today. Baby wotsit is fine…. Car seat was only a month old… saved up for this bloomin car seat…. Now I’m reading quote me happy don’t cover car seats! I wanna curl up and cry… and I have a stinking cold!

Reactions: 15
Can you claim off the person who hit you insurance perhaps? Did you get those details

Can you claim off the person who hit you insurance perhaps? Did you get those details
oh yes I do!!! I’m so knackered my brain feel fried… don’t really get how this all works…. Was just trying to find how much they cover £ wise for car seats and read they don’t!! Gone into panic!

you will need to provide the third party insurers with a copy of the receipt for your car seat and a receipt for the new one. They will probably send you a cheque which isn’t great in the meantime

oh yes I do!!! I’m so knackered my brain feel fried… don’t really get how this all works…. Was just trying to find how much they cover £ wise for car seats and read they don’t!! Gone into panic!
Call in the morning and get a proper answer I find talking to someone helps

you will need to provide the third party insurers with a copy of the receipt for your car seat and a receipt for the new one. They will probably send you a cheque which isn’t great in the meantime
amazing thankyou! Ok feeling abit better now! That’s ok, Aslong as it’s covered! Phewww!

@opintionatedperson Will do! Filled in the claim online! But yes you’re right, I’ll speak to someone and see where I stand. Iv just done into “poor me” panic.

Reactions: 7
My friend drove her car into a wall (because she can't drive for shit ) so obviously had to claim off her own insurance. They said they didn't cover car seats specifically, but there was a bit for personal possessions and she managed to claim under that. She didn't get the full value unfortunately, but it was better than nothing.

Reactions: 5
Those who’ve had a section, how long did it take for your scar to flatten? Mine is healed at 15w pp, but there are still raised bits. Will this go away eventually or do I need to remember to massage every night

Those who’ve had a section, how long did it take for your scar to flatten? Mine is healed at 15w pp, but there are still raised bits. Will this go away eventually or do I need to remember to massage every night
The actual scar or the skin around it? My scar is incredibly neat, but the skin above it is lumpy with scar tissue. I had trouble/still have trouble ten months PP so I haven’t done any massage, my friend swears by bio-oil but I still try to keep it dry so I’ve never used it

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.