New baby and post birth advice #55 loo activity suggestions

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really want a floor bed for LO when we move him into his own room but the room he's going into is a box room, there's room for a single bed down the long side with some room at the end but the door is right next to where the head of the bed would be if that makes sense and I'm worried he'll roll out and end up lying in front of the door so we can't get in. Can't switch the hinges on the door to make it open outward as our hallway is too narrow.

I said I would never Co-sleep because I was scared I would crush my baby (still am tbf and she’s 10 months) but sometimes* it’s the only way I get decent sleep. I never did it when she was very very tiny so I probably did the reverse of what you should do in terms of we do it more
now 😂

* sometimes she slaps me in the face in her sleep or gets on all fours and headbutts/tries to kiss me which is super cute but not massively at 4am.
Yeah I’m not going to make a habit of it but it is Sunday after all 😅 and we already have the dog in the bed with us!!

Reactions: 2
I've caved and plonked baby tuesday in his rocker chair with dancing fruit on the TV 🙈 He was so grumpy this morning for no apparent reason and I'm justifying it because the nurse who gave him his immunisations last week recommended it. Wish I could post a photo because he is transfixed!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I've caved and plonked baby tuesday in his rocker chair with dancing fruit on the TV 🙈 He was so grumpy this morning for no apparent reason and I'm justifying it because the nurse who gave him his immunisations last week recommended it. Wish I could post a photo because he is transfixed!
My 4mo is obsessed and I mean OBSESSED with bloody paw patrol …. Send help as I now know the theme tune off by heart

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My 4mo is obsessed and I mean OBSESSED with bloody paw patrol …. Send help as I now know the theme tune off by heart
We've avoided a lot of TV but LO now smiles like a maniac when he hears the Bluey theme tune :LOL: so cute! He doesn't watch any of the actual show, just loves the music and the dancing dogs!

• Heart
Baby fudge loves dancing fruit too 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 3
You have my full sympathies. I did my time with Paw Patrol with Biscuit Junior, I will not be allowing it to happen again 😂😂

I know a lot of people aren't keen, but we're a Peppa Pig house. I'm hoping Baby Biscuit likes Hey Duggee, because Mummy does 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Baby bandit has finally fallen asleep for his first nap of the day after being awake since 8.30 😳 his teeth are really upsetting him and he was SO tired and kept rubbing his eyes and nearly nodding off but would then spring upright and be so agitated 😢 he'd already had anbesol, granules and calpol so I got him some nurofen and as soon as he finished swallowing it he settled back, cuddled into me and fell asleep 🥺 I'm at work for a few hours tomorrow for a KIT day and I think it's come at a good time because I need a little break - I'm hoping my husband copes ok with him on his own, it's the longest he'll have had him on his own 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 6
You have my full sympathies. I did my time with Paw Patrol with Biscuit Junior, I will not be allowing it to happen again 😂😂

I know a lot of people aren't keen, but we're a Peppa Pig house. I'm hoping Baby Biscuit likes Hey Duggee, because Mummy does 😂

Hey Duggee’s so cute. My middle one loved Blue’s Clues which is nice too.
I’m definitely trying avoid Peppa because I’ve done it twice already and I’m really not sure I can do 3 times 😂😂

Bluey & Mickey Mouse Clubhouse are winning here at the min! X

• Haha
  • Heart

My daughter LOVED hey duggee
Peppa was avoided until she watched it at my mums house cos her cousin wanted it on...thankfully it's a very rare ask now 🤣

Reactions: 2
Ooo good ideas. She’s got a Walker thing but she gets bored of walking with it and drops to the ground. That’s the problem tbh, she is on speed when she crawls so I think she sees it as a quicker transportation method than walking 😂

—-

Rant but I can’t deal with this standing up in the cot all the time. I googled and it said sit next to it as they come down to your level. She did not. She still stood up and found it absolutely hilarious I was sat next to the cot, laughing and pointing at me. I lay her down and put my hand on her to keep her from rolling which she hated, then she tried to give me a kiss through the bars 🥹 ended up feeding to sleep which is fine but becoming less effective. Genuinely don’t know what to do, whenever she’s awake she stands up in the cot, even in her sleeping bag.
Baby T stands in his cot and we just ignore it (unless he starts crying) and eventually he will just get bored and lay down. Some nights this can take a few minutes, some nights a good ten mins 🥲🤣
---
The concept of a floor bed sounds interesting but knowing baby T if he woke in the night that would be him up and off. Distracted by a breeze this one.

Reactions: 1
Baby Wood is currently resembling the possum who broke into the bakery and couldn’t move because he was so full. He’s also been waking up and crying allllll day, apart from the two hours where we finally made it to the pub for lunch 🙌🏻 there’s was a really screamy baby there, so I felt a little smug that he was quiet.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I took baby fudge to church this morning because we haven’t been since our wedding in July 2022 and I want to get him christened so I thought I better show my face there🤭 he was really good and everyone was cooing over him 🥰 but booked the christening and now trying to book somewhere for the after do (the important bit😆) and sort invites!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
For those with little ones in nursery/ starting nursery, have you attended the first settling in session? I’m planning to but I’m wondering if it will make things worse/ harder. It will only be 2 hours and then LO would go 2 days later on his own for 3 hours.

For those with little ones in nursery/ starting nursery, have you attended the first settling in session? I’m planning to but I’m wondering if it will make things worse/ harder. It will only be 2 hours and then LO would go 2 days later on his own for 3 hours.
We have three sessions, the first I attend and stay with him, the second I attend but go off to do paperwork and the third he stays by himself. They're all 1.5 hours long IIRC.

• Heart
The first one (in my experience) is usually parents involved and you stay with them whilst they get used to the environment but after that you leave them.
That said, one of mine started during Covid and so was literally pass over outside and done x

• Heart
Thanks both, just when I went and met with them last week she said it was up to me if I stayed but I don’t really want to just drop him and go for the first one at least!

i wasn’t allowed for either child’s session (diff nurseries). I think you might as well see how he goes on his own and you can book a massage or something

• Heart
Thanks both, just when I went and met with them last week she said it was up to me if I stayed but I don’t really want to just drop him and go for the first one at least!
My work have a parents room where you can sit and have a coffee/wait and see how they are without being in the room before you leave. Did they mention anything like that? We’ve always done first visit parent stays in the room, then parents room then depending on the child, leave.

• Heart
Baby fudge has a settling in session for 1 hour next month I think I have to leave him! I’m starting to feel sad about it he will only be 4 months old and he still seems too little 🥲 but it’s only 1 day a week I think it will be good for him in the long run!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.