• My baby is grown up I still like this thread

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • My baby is still in utero and Iā€™m reading ahead

Votes: 14 13.2%
  • I'm a MIL taking notes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh Lordy, already on the 0-3 month vote. No more newborn šŸ˜­
Im ready to go to bed but husband is watching news with the babyā€¦ just gonna scootch out the living room and go to bed.
---
Also, itā€™s 15 degrees in my house tonightā€¦ I'm assuming a vest, sleepsuit, sleeping bag, socks and blanket will be enoughā€¦

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
@Definitelyme re the necklace, Iā€™d be terrified itā€™d be tight on them? Do they not be pulling at it šŸ˜‚
---
Irish mammies;
Does anyone know if parental pay is paid from social? The 7 week leave? My maternity is on social, nothing is covered by my employer so I havenā€™t handed in my notice Incase the parental pay is paid for?

I saw my friend do this with her baby to stay entertained and I thought it was amazing. Poke socks / undies through the holes in the washing basket so your little one can sit there and pull them out one by one šŸ˜‚ (clean ones of course)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Baby has her first vaccinations today. I'm dreading it. Any tips or advice on what to expect?
Calpol, and donā€™t make plans for the rest of the day/day after! Baba may be ok but they may be fussy, every baby is different. Keep on top of the calpol and prepare for lots of contact naps. Theyā€™ll be fine- hopefully theyā€™ll sleep a lot but just prepare to be on hand for cuddles and reassurance. Mini muffin was fussy for a day or two and had a temperature the first day but she did sleep a lot so I just got myself setup in front of the tv with some snacks and films and she basically napped on me a lot. Think itā€™s this one where they have the drops on their tongue for rotavirus, which might give them a dodgy tummy.

good luck!!! X

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Baby has her first vaccinations today. I'm dreading it. Any tips or advice on what to expect?
Everyone gets different advice on the Calpol, but our surgery don't like you to give it before so they can see Baby doesn't have a fever. I kept mine in the bag and gave it in the waiting room as soon as we were out.

The rotavirus (?) Is a live vaccine and can come through in their poo, so be extra vigilant about hand washing for a couple of weeks afterwards.

Dress them in something easy to get on and off. Our surgery do the 8 week checks at the same time, so Baby had to be stripped to be weighed etc.

You'll probably feel awful afterwards, but just keep reminding yourself it's for the best in the long run, and they won't remember it in the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Everyone gets different advice on the Calpol, but our surgery don't like you to give it before so they can see Baby doesn't have a fever. I kept mine in the bag and gave it in the waiting room as soon as we were out.

The rotavirus (?) Is a live vaccine and can come through in their poo, so be extra vigilant about hand washing for a couple of weeks afterwards.

Dress them in something easy to get on and off. Our surgery do the 8 week checks at the same time, so Baby had to be stripped to be weighed etc.

You'll probably feel awful afterwards, but just keep reminding yourself it's for the best in the long run, and they won't remember it in the future.
Preach, Iā€™ve cried all 3 times and when the nurse asks what animal sticker to put on her red book I (according to my mum) didnā€™t hide my anger at being asked that whilst comforting a crying baby and very angrily screamed ā€œTHE MONKEYā€.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Definitely take Calpol - the nurse will advise on when to use it (mine asked me to give it at the start of the appointment while she prepared the vaccines). Have a feed ready to give to calm baby down, and do what you need to do to cheer baby up - I paced around the room and took him to look out the window while the nurse filled in the notes after as that always calms him down at home. To be honest, he'd cried a lot worse before due to colic/heel prick test so I prepared myself for the worst cries ever and it wasn't so bad actually. And definitely have a quiet day or two and give lots of cuddles ā˜ŗ

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thanks everyone. She didn't even flinch for the heel prick so I'm hoping she'll be okay today. I think I'm more dreading the sleepless nights afterwards - she's been so clingy lately with her cold that I barely get two hours unbroken sleep a night. I'm absolutely dying. I've got Calpol so will take that with me as they asked not to use it beforehand. Hoping she won't be too under the weather afterwards šŸ¤ž

• Heart
Reactions: 5
1 day away from hitting the 9-12 category šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ Where has the time gone!!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Iā€™m glad the new thread started now and I can stick with 9-12 monthsā€¦ 6 days til heā€™s 1 šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Baby Skates has very much outgrown his crib in our room, but at the moment we all sleep well so Iā€™m not in a rush to put him in his own room, so feel really conflicted.

Iā€™m also not sure what to do about his monitor - I use it if he has a daytime nap in there and I go downstairs, but because his room is so close to ours the monitor isnā€™t far enough away and you get really bad feedback on it, so the tiniest nose from him basically echos on the monitor. Because heā€™s so close to us, would we get away with not using it? Or is it safer to have it on? He does wear an Owlet sock overnight.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
@Definitelyme re the necklace, Iā€™d be terrified itā€™d be tight on them? Do they not be pulling at it šŸ˜‚
---
you can order various sizes, I had one that wasnā€™t tight at all. And sometimes when they were older they would pull at it, but mostly it was just totally ignored. Like if you were a necklace all the time yourself you donā€™t feel it any more.

Baby Skates has very much outgrown his crib in our room, but at the moment we all sleep well so Iā€™m not in a rush to put him in his own room, so feel really conflicted.

Iā€™m also not sure what to do about his monitor - I use it if he has a daytime nap in there and I go downstairs, but because his room is so close to ours the monitor isnā€™t far enough away and you get really bad feedback on it, so the tiniest nose from him basically echos on the monitor. Because heā€™s so close to us, would we get away with not using it? Or is it safer to have it on? He does wear an Owlet sock overnight.
Baby L outgrew his snuzpod before 6 months so we got a travel cot to put him in until it was time to move. No need to move him out of your room if you're all happy! We moved baby L just after 6 months as we were disturbing each other.

I keep our monitor muted if I'm in our bedroom because I always hear him and I'm a light sleeper but I leave the screen on all the time. Sometimes we get echoes if a really loud vehicle goes past but it doesn't echo back up to his room and the microphone if you see what I mean.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
CMPA mums I need your advice!

What have the signs been in your baby for CMPA?

TF keeps being sent home from nursery for loose stools but her stools are always loose (sheā€™s ten months), theyā€™re always a bit watery and a light brown. I have never given it much thought, just figured thatā€™s how she is and it wonā€™t change til she is eating more solids but Iā€™m now starting to think clearly nursery donā€™t think itā€™s normal, maybe it isnā€™t.

What steps did you take around your little one? What can you recommend?

thank you xx

CMPA mums I need your advice!

What have the signs been in your baby for CMPA?

TF keeps being sent home from nursery for loose stools but her stools are always loose (sheā€™s ten months), theyā€™re always a bit watery and a light brown. I have never given it much thought, just figured thatā€™s how she is and it wonā€™t change til she is eating more solids but Iā€™m now starting to think clearly nursery donā€™t think itā€™s normal, maybe it isnā€™t.

What steps did you take around your little one? What can you recommend?

thank you xx
Drs will advise cutting it out for 2-3 weeks and then reintroducing to see if thereā€™s a difference. I find theyā€™re really unhelpful. When I reintroduced I kept a food/symptom diary so I sort of hard evidence.
Does she have any other symptoms - any rashes, generally unsettled, reflux-y, growth issues?
If you cut it out and then suspect it is that, push to be referred to a dietician sooner rather than later as the waiting lists are long xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.