New baby and post birth advice #49 IT WAS JUST A NORMAL SIZE SH*T

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You could try! How long would she nap for if she went down at 6? If it was only 40 mins or so you could start bedtime at 7:45-8pm and see how that goes and then after a week or so try cutting out the last nap? Although if she naps for like 2 hours that would be what I call a danger nap!
She would normally only have about 30 mins but she is still asleep now (has been for three hours) so I deffo don’t think she will be having another nap tonight before bedtime!

So on the sainsburys 2s the straps don’t meet but on the 3s they do but it all came out the side in the 3s earlier 🤷‍♀️

She has quite long legs but (I think) a pretty average tummy, not too chunky. For size reference because of her long legs she’s been in 6-9 month onesies for a month or so but they’re quite baggy round her stomach (and ridiculous on her arms).

Hmm there’s not a Lidl that near me but I may seek one out if these Tesco 3s don’t work… could try the Aldi ones as she got on well with those as a newborn but I found we didn’t have this issue until a couple of months ago.
---

You could try! How long would she nap for if she went down at 6? If it was only 40 mins or so you could start bedtime at 7:45-8pm and see how that goes and then after a week or so try cutting out the last nap? Although if she naps for like 2 hours that would be what I call a danger nap!
Baby bandit is very long but slim and he's just between 2 and 3 at the moment (16 weeks). Sorry if this is obvious but are the front tabs tucking round his sides really firmly? Baby bandit is quite a wriggler and if the front tabs aren't fully tucked round they move and then he leaks.

After the victory of a proper bottle yesterday... todays hes refused half his feeds.... lowest day so far... we now have some laxatives so hoping once hes mord regular his tummy feels better and hopefully he goes.... i honestly feel at wits end...

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So I don’t know if it’s coincidence or not but we put baby geegee forward facing in her carrier for our last evening walk as she’s usually quite cranky in the pram and we end up carrying her anyways but then we spent from 8.30-11 settling her as she just wouldn’t sleep. I’m sure someone said they become over stimulated in the carrier so not sure if it’s coincidence or not… but man I am tired
My friend did this with mini muffin when we stayed with them, literally the day after she learnt to go from back to front. It worked, she went over with an almighty thud, cried for ages, and hasn’t done it since which was a month ago 😂 I don’t think she’s too interested in going from belly to back, she seems to want to just move ahead on her tummy 🤷‍♀️ I’ve tried the toy trick myself but not sure if I’m not doing it right of it she’s still traumatised.

—-

Right, nappies. I don’t know if it’s mini muffin’s incredibly incredibly loose poops (getting a sample this morning was fun and games), but I’ve tried three brands in two sizes and she leaks regardless. Some are better than others, I always pull the frilly things out now and I’m just at my wit’s end. Do I just try as many brands and sizes as possible or is it her very liquid poops causing the problem? The GP thinks it’s teething as it’s not every time but it’s when her poop is so liquid it soaks into the nappy like pee (hence my issue getting a sample). I’ve tried sainsburys, pampers, and currently on Tesco 3s (not tried the 3s, tried 2s but they didn’t work a month ago or so).

We usually use Aldi 3’s but bought some Tesco 3’s as we were in there the other week and had leaks 4 days out of 5! I’ve donated the rest of the pack and gone back to Aldi. I wasn’t keen on Lidl 2’s, overall we’ve found Aldi to be the best although Tesco 1’s and 2’s we had no issue with.

We usually use Aldi 3’s but bought some Tesco 3’s as we were in there the other week and had leaks 4 days out of 5! I’ve donated the rest of the pack and gone back to Aldi. I wasn’t keen on Lidl 2’s, overall we’ve found Aldi to be the best although Tesco 1’s and 2’s we had no issue with.
Oh god, that’s good to know! I may go to aldi 3s because I’m so out of options!

Worth noting that pee never leaks, only poop, which makes me think it might just be her :(

I can’t even begin to explain how hard it is to change a poo explosion in a hotel room where literally everything is white 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I can’t even begin to explain how hard it is to change a poo explosion in a hotel room where literally everything is white 🙃
TF had her first poonami in for ever in a hotel room at the weekend. It went through to the mattress protector - totally minging having to go and ask for new sheets. Never in my life.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Does anyone here bedshare with baby lying on them? My boy goes down for naps in the day really well in the bassinet and for the first stretch of the night but after that we have false starts continuously so have resorted to bed sharing. He won’t sleep on his back next to me in the cuddle curl but will sleep happily on me. I’ve been following cosleepy on Instagram for resources but just wondering if anyone else does it here and how it’s going for you?

Does anyone’s baby get really hyper in the run up to bed time she’s bloody manic here, she’s knackered ya can tell but she’s insane lol
Yes, we call it power hour over here! Usually the last hour before bed he goes crazy. Especially with his sensory toys, it’s another level… so cute and funny though 😂 but omg it’s tiring now he’s on the move. It’s so easy to get my 10,000 steps in the day lately 😅

Does anyone here bedshare with baby lying on them? My boy goes down for naps in the day really well in the bassinet and for the first stretch of the night but after that we have false starts continuously so have resorted to bed sharing. He won’t sleep on his back next to me in the cuddle curl but will sleep happily on me. I’ve been following cosleepy on Instagram for resources but just wondering if anyone else does it here and how it’s going for you?
So I don’t and didn’t even know this was a thing. I just checked her Instagram and it’s got amazing tips. I wish I had found this when she was tiny as she loved to sleep on my chest, and I didn’t sleep with her like that because I was too scared. I wish one of my antenatal appointments focused on this because my god it would have helped in those early days. Thank you for sharing ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Baby has his first tooth poking through now 🥰
I’m honestly surprised about it because he’s seemed absolutely fine and his normal self all day. I knew it was coming very soon as I could see the white line of it about to poke through but it’s def poking through now !
I think I read it can take 5-10 days for it to fully come up? Does this mean the worst is still to come ?

So I don’t and didn’t even know this was a thing. I just checked her Instagram and it’s got amazing tips. I wish I had found this when she was tiny as she loved to sleep on my chest, and I didn’t sleep with her like that because I was too scared. I wish one of my antenatal appointments focused on this because my god it would have helped in those early days. Thank you for sharing ❤
It’s so hard that all we get told is that it’s dangerous and not to do it but sometimes you just have to do they may as well support us in how to do it safely!! It’s so normal in loads of countries still

Reactions: 1
Generally she has no problem with the cuddle curl position but there has been a time where she wouldn’t let me put her down and so I lay with her on my chest and then after ten to fifteen minutes I transferred her on to the bed for cuddle curl because I thought she would roll off my chest in the night. Have you already tried that? I didn’t actually know chest sleeping was an option to be honest.

Baby has his first tooth poking through now 🥰
I’m honestly surprised about it because he’s seemed absolutely fine and his normal self all day. I knew it was coming very soon as I could see the white line of it about to poke through but it’s def poking through now !
I think I read it can take 5-10 days for it to fully come up? Does this mean the worst is still to come ?
I feel that the bottom teeth appeared with no real fussiness or pain. Top teeth have just appeared and the lead up to them breaking through has been tough. Fussy, cranky, grumpy for a few days but now they are through and coming down we are back to our normal self (just with even more added dribble 🙃).

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.