• My baby is now a child

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • I’m still pregnant but reading ahead

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • I’m just looking around

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Should I have put an 18-24 mos in there? 🤔

I’ve put mine in some tights with frills on the bum and it’s so adorable…. But also, the noises that have just come from her nappy are …. Daunting.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Can’t even leave the room for a quick minute anymore 🥲 this morning I was cleaning up the high chair from breakfast (can still see baby through the double doors to our kitchen) and he rolled all the way from one side of the living room to the other and only just missing the tv unit. Have now ordered a playpen for the moments where I need to do things 😅 was hoping to not.. but he just doesn’t keep still atm and we’re not even crawling yet.. might order some more baby proofing stuff.. already have corner bumpers on things but wondering it’s that’s even enough

Reactions: 2
Can’t even leave the room for a quick minute anymore 🥲 this morning I was cleaning up the high chair from breakfast (can still see baby through the double doors to our kitchen) and he rolled all the way from one side of the living room to the other and only just missing the tv unit. Have now ordered a playpen for the moments where I need to do things 😅 was hoping to not.. but he just doesn’t keep still atm and we’re not even crawling yet.. might order some more baby proofing stuff.. already have corner bumpers on things but wondering it’s that’s even enough
We've got two baby rockers to strap him into (one for upstairs, one for downstairs!) and they're so handy - I know some are only suitable up to 6 months though but I think some go a bit older.

Reactions: 1
Baby Nellie is so grumpy and all she’s done today is cry sleep or eat, I’m wondering if this is 6 week growth spurt or a leap, but she’s not actually feeding more than usual and doesn’t seem to be wanting feeding more often either, but seems okay in herself otherwise? I feel like all I do is worry atm 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Today can do one. Mini muffin woke up between 9:45pm-1am last night, gave her milk and she pooped twice. Had to put her in the bed with me to get her to sleep. And just not been able to do anything today, I had to let her scream for 5 mins whilst I got dressed otherwise I would still be in my pyjamas.

I’m having real issues with KW. Well, I think I am, or idk if men are just like this. We’re meant to be looking at a house next week, much bigger than our current. There’s an area that could be a play area, and he bleeping goes “a snooker table could go there”. Is it just me or is that the last bleeping thing that we need. He also took mini muffin’s clothes out the dryer when they were wet and didn’t put them back, and snapped when I asked if he could.

sorry I’m just so tired and frustrated and it feels like since we’ve had her he’s actually become more selfish.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Today can do one. Mini muffin woke up between 9:45pm-1am last night, gave her milk and she pooped twice. Had to put her in the bed with me to get her to sleep. And just not been able to do anything today, I had to let her scream for 5 mins whilst I got dressed otherwise I would still be in my pyjamas.

I’m having real issues with KW. Well, I think I am, or idk if men are just like this. We’re meant to be looking at a house next week, much bigger than our current. There’s an area that could be a play area, and he bleeping goes “a snooker table could go there”. Is it just me or is that the last bleeping thing that we need. He also took mini muffin’s clothes out the dryer when they were wet and didn’t put them back, and snapped when I asked if he could.

sorry I’m just so tired and frustrated and it feels like since we’ve had her he’s actually become more selfish.
Sorry you're having a stressful day 🙁 I think men tend to react to stressful situations by becoming more childish because they hope someone will swoop in to look after them - and they try to alleviate feeling stressed/unhappy by trying to relive happier times when they had less responsibility. All of which combined means they can sometimes be immature, insensitive and unhelpful arseholes!! Hopefully he was just joking about the snooker table and saying it to reassure himself that life could be easier/more fun again - but if he's really that lacking in awareness then maybe a conversation when he's more relaxed about what you both want from a new house would be good, so you can head off any other stupid idea and talk to him about why he's behaving that way. Good news about looking for a bigger house though 🙂

• Heart
We've got two baby rockers to strap him into (one for upstairs, one for downstairs!) and they're so handy - I know some are only suitable up to 6 months though but I think some go a bit older.
most things we had were only up to 6months and he just wants to move around a lot now and since he’s not crawling yet he just rolls and rolls forever 😂😅 at least I know he should be safe for a few minutes in a playpen if really needed !

I am fecking exhausted today. Little WC is thankfully a good sleeper but his daytime naps are a massive struggle atm. He slept from 8pm to 6:30am this morning, then slept again from 7am to 10am. Has had 20 minutes at 1pm when I took him for a walk (we walked for over an hour but a loud lorry drove past about half an hour in and woke him up) and he's refused everything else. Fussy as anything. Happy to be put down for ten minutes then starts crying and fussing. Feel useless today tbh, can't even entertain my own child :(

• Heart
I am fecking exhausted today. Little WC is thankfully a good sleeper but his daytime naps are a massive struggle atm. He slept from 8pm to 6:30am this morning, then slept again from 7am to 10am. Has had 20 minutes at 1pm when I took him for a walk (we walked for over an hour but a loud lorry drove past about half an hour in and woke him up) and he's refused everything else. Fussy as anything. Happy to be put down for ten minutes then starts crying and fussing. Feel useless today tbh, can't even entertain my own child :(
I feel you, days are such a struggle. I actually stuck her in her bouncer and put Bluey on because I just needed a break 😭 is he teething you think? Someone on here said it really doesn’t take much to entertain a baby, so he’s probs entertained it’s just our perception x

I feel you, days are such a struggle. I actually stuck her in her bouncer and put Bluey on because I just needed a break 😭 is he teething you think? Someone on here said it really doesn’t take much to entertain a baby, so he’s probs entertained it’s just our perception x
Yes, definitely teething. Dribbly and red cheeked constantly!

I've given him to his dad, sulked off and ordered £50 worth of sushi for dinner :cautious: :LOL:

• Haha
I feel at my wits end. Am full of cold, had a long week while husband has been working etc. Baby sazzlepants is a joy but at 7.5 months old I can't take my eyes off her for a second as she rolls and army crawls everywhere. Husband comes home and announces he has applied to go on some work thing for two weeks in October (home at weekends) without discussing it with me first. He then insists on doing bed time (we usually do alternate nights but it's my turn tonight but he wanted to after being at work etc so fine by me). Can hear baby screaming her head off upstairs so go up to see if I can help and get told to stop swooping in and leave him to it. How dare I want to calm my screaming baby. Between him and his mother (who drives me nuts all the time) I'd like to take baby sazzlepants and go and live on my own somewhere remote. My cats can come too. Sorry for venting.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Small fry problems but does anyone else’s baby change on a whim how they want to fall asleep each night? For ages TF has been a feed, dummy in then sleep kinda gal, sometimes I could do the odd bit of singing and patting but generally one of the two would work… then last week she decided walking and rocking was what she wanted, and tonight she’s refused to budge at all and just fallen asleep next to me after having a bit of a play…. Inconsistent little sod.

Reactions: 5
Small fry problems but does anyone else’s baby change on a whim how they want to fall asleep each night? For ages TF has been a feed, dummy in then sleep kinda gal, sometimes I could do the odd bit of singing and patting but generally one of the two would work… then last week she decided walking and rocking was what she wanted, and tonight she’s refused to budge at all and just fallen asleep next to me after having a bit of a play…. Inconsistent little sod.
Yep! For a week or two there was violent thrashing, when I held her/put her down and she magically went to sleep, then I had to sing to her and rock her, then I could just put her down and she would go to sleep, and tonight she fell asleep in my arms the moment I put the dummy in 🤷‍♀️ my preference is the putting down then sleep automatically but this seems to be her least favourite :( does it depend on what sort of day she’s had, e.g new places etc?

Yep! For a week or two there was violent thrashing, when I held her/put her down and she magically went to sleep, then I had to sing to her and rock her, then I could just put her down and she would go to sleep, and tonight she fell asleep in my arms the moment I put the dummy in 🤷‍♀️ my preference is the putting down then sleep automatically but this seems to be her least favourite :( does it depend on what sort of day she’s had, e.g new places etc?
Hmmmm… really interesting as I’ve found her so much kickier than usual - she’s so strong it actually hurts. Just thumping her legs and then kicking like a maniac, she’s going to be an amazing swimmer 🤣
Yes the walking and rocking happened when we were away, and continued at home for two nights, today we went to someone’s house she’s not met before and this is when she’s had a little play then fallen asleep by herself…. Maybe it is the new places and processing, good point.

Hmmmm… really interesting as I’ve found her so much kickier than usual - she’s so strong it actually hurts. Just thumping her legs and then kicking like a maniac, she’s going to be an amazing swimmer 🤣
Yes the walking and rocking happened when we were away, and continued at home for two nights, today we went to someone’s house she’s not met before and this is when she’s had a little play then fallen asleep by herself…. Maybe it is the new places and processing, good point.
Mine has a lethal wallop on him. He either gets me on the tummy or the chest and it’s a solid blow. He seems to do it to self soothe so I just take it and cry inside. It’s definitely more preferable than the nipple biting and tugging.

• Heart
Sorry you're having a stressful day 🙁 I think men tend to react to stressful situations by becoming more childish because they hope someone will swoop in to look after them - and they try to alleviate feeling stressed/unhappy by trying to relive happier times when they had less responsibility. All of which combined means they can sometimes be immature, insensitive and unhelpful arseholes!! Hopefully he was just joking about the snooker table and saying it to reassure himself that life could be easier/more fun again - but if he's really that lacking in awareness then maybe a conversation when he's more relaxed about what you both want from a new house would be good, so you can head off any other stupid idea and talk to him about why he's behaving that way. Good news about looking for a bigger house though 🙂
Thank you, that makes me feel better ❤ he’s been much better the last few weeks but I just feel like I’m the only one putting mini muffin first, because she needs more space than either of us and that’s the whole point! You’ve hit the nail on the head though, it depends on his mood. Honestly it’s like living with a toddler teenager.

• Heart
Thank you, that makes me feel better ❤ he’s been much better the last few weeks but I just feel like I’m the only one putting mini muffin first, because she needs more space than either of us and that’s the whole point! You’ve hit the nail on the head though, it depends on his mood. Honestly it’s like living with a toddler teenager.
I get the toddler teenager thing - when I was 13 my dad gave up smoking, and he was so stressed he used to have tantrums and slam doors before storming off upstairs. I used to sit there open mouthed, baffled at why my dad was acting like more of a teenager than me 😂 I think men also find it harder to adjust to change, and it doesn't always come naturally/easily to think selflessly and focus on baby's needs rather than their own - they'll often be stuck thinking about how they're affected by things, and acting based on their temporary emotions rather than looking at the bigger picture/taking themselves out the equation. I hope things get better soon 🙂

Reactions: 3
OMG mini muffin has been awake almost an hour YELLING. She’s just yelling happily, leg banging, and spitting the dummy out. I can’t sleep she’s so loud but also what baby just yells?! She’s not crying so I don’t think she needs anything?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.