New baby and post birth advice #44 I am fondant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry, I'll try a serious answer now 😂

I don't know what position you use, or even what the different positions are really called. However, maybe try one where you can leave a hand free and then hold and stroke his hands with your free hand. I have to do this with baby biscuit because she's also a hand chewer. Once she gets going and her hands relax a bit I usually find I can let go.

Err I’ve definitely left my little one (3 weeks yesterday) for a few minutes in his snuzpod whilst his dad was out and I needed the loo 🤷‍♀️ sounds like a 1 way Street to resentment from your toddler and negative feelings for you! In fact here they all say “as long as it’s a safe place you can walk away” [for a few minutes]
---
Anyone done/doing baby swimming lessons? What’s the going price in your area? I’ve just been told it’s £20 for a 30 minute session, commitment of one month so potentially £100 a month 😬
I use puddle ducks, £56 a month for 30 minutes per week, January and August are smaller payments as they only operate in term time so balances out. They are so good, my baby has been going since she was 7 weeks old and she's 7 months now. I can see such a difference already at this young age so worth it. Also puddle ducks let you cancel and book a curtsey class if you can't attend as sometimes babys are not in the mood 🙊

@WeepingCassandra this is really common for newborns. They are always trying to eat their hands instead of their food, all mine have done it. It’s annoying, but it passes relatively quickly. Just keep moving hands away from mouth if possible. Also make sure you’re looking for early hunger cues and getting in there before hunger gets to the stage of chewing on hands.

Reactions: 1
I’m really confused. How many hands do you have? 😵💫
2 like most people. Trouble is he has two as well and he windmills them around like he’s trying to haymaker my boob as he flips his head around so I need one to support him and then another two to stop him flailing.

I’ve been to our breast feeding support group again this morning and he was awful there as well so I’ve given him a bottle back now we’re back home. I don’t think I can carry on with this much longer, if he’s not trying to beat up my boob he’s latching on and off my nipple every two minutes and they’re so sore from just him doing that. Or he falls asleep on the boob mid latch and milk goes everywhere.

2 like most people. Trouble is he has two as well and he windmills them around like he’s trying to haymaker my boob as he flips his head around so I need one to support him and then another two to stop him flailing.

I’ve been to our breast feeding support group again this morning and he was awful there as well so I’ve given him a bottle back now we’re back home. I don’t think I can carry on with this much longer, if he’s not trying to beat up my boob he’s latching on and off my nipple every two minutes and they’re so sore from just him doing that. Or he falls asleep on the boob mid latch and milk goes everywhere.
If its not for you, then stop. Theres no point stressing you both. There is no shame in bottle feeding, or formula feeding.

It is all really normal newborn behaviour though and they do grow out of it. He's still very much adjusting to the outside world, all the new noises, lights, sounds and the atmosphere.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I know this has been asked a million times over but I'm at the end of tether with teething! I've tried all the usual, Bonjella gel, Calgel gel, Teetha granules, a teething ring... Nothing is giving relief and baba is in pain with them. Do I just need to put up with it? Any help at all greatly accepted! 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I know this has been asked a million times over but I'm at the end of tether with teething! I've tried all the usual, Bonjella gel, Calgel gel, Teetha granules, a teething ring... Nothing is giving relief and baba is in pain with them. Do I just need to put up with it? Any help at all greatly accepted! 😭😭😭
Have you tried anbesol? I've honestly used it on my wisdom teeth & the pain has completely gone.
You have to get it OTC in a pharmacy

Reactions: 3
Nurofen for babies, it's gets the swelling down. If they are suffering that badly with them I would use it. It's for 3 months plus though, Calpol can be used from 2 months.

Stupid question incoming…. Is it normal to see the little tooth buds in their gums. My two month old has them for the first two bottom teeth. I was convinced my first was teething at 12 weeks but didn’t actually until 7 months so I obviously have no clue 🤣

Stupid question incoming…. Is it normal to see the little tooth buds in their gums. My two month old has them for the first two bottom teeth. I was convinced my first was teething at 12 weeks but didn’t actually until 7 months so I obviously have no clue 🤣
Very normal. A lot are visible from birth

Reactions: 2
Have you tried anbesol? I've honestly used it on my wisdom teeth & the pain has completely gone.
Oh thanks a mil, I've never heard of it!! Will def me looking for it tomorrow!!

Nurofen for babies, it's gets the swelling down. If they are suffering that badly with them I would use it. It's for 3 months plus though, Calpol can be used from 2 months.
Thanks, I've only been using Calpol at night but you are right about the suffering so will try it. It's fecking awful for them isn't it! 😭

Oh thanks a mil, I've never heard of it!! Will def me looking for it tomorrow!!

Thanks, I've only been using Calpol at night but you are right about the suffering so will try it. It's fecking awful for them isn't it! 😭
It is and they can end up getting high temperatures and all with them when they are very bad. My first breezed through them all, my second had a very tough time with them!

Another vote for anbesol. I only found it when he was cutting his front molars and it definitely made a difference. Good luck.

Ps hi ladies, hope you're all keeping well. X

Another vote for anbesol. Liquid not gel.
but they have to be 5 months now.. when my eldest was a baby (now 6.5) it was from newborn x

OK mission for tomorrow is find anbesol liquid! I hope they sell it in Ireland because there's some thinks I've only been able to get up the North! Thanks all. I'll let ye know how I get on

• Heart
Reactions: 3
OK mission for tomorrow is find anbesol liquid! I hope they sell it in Ireland because there's some thinks I've only been able to get up the North! Thanks all. I'll let ye know how I get on
If you find it please let me know! Baby Hun isn’t too bad yet but I’m sure there’ll be a day when we need it!

If its not for you, then stop. Theres no point stressing you both. There is no shame in bottle feeding, or formula feeding.

It is all really normal newborn behaviour though and they do grow out of it. He's still very much adjusting to the outside world, all the new noises, lights, sounds and the atmosphere.
I agree, mini justme is 11 weeks today and I’m still having to occasionally remove his hands from his mouth so definitely newborn behaviour. I think someone mentioned previously about looking for feeding cues early which can be difficult at first I’ll admit as it’s easy to miss with so much going on

It’s sounds like positioning as once the boob is in, I use it as a ‘shield’ so his free hand can’t make it in his mouth as boob is in the way, once feeding he soon relaxes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.