New baby and post birth advice #44 I am fondant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Okay this may be a really silly question but here goes. How does everyone make up their formula? I’m topping up with kendamil and between me and my 2 friends all 3 do it different! So I was just wondering how you guys did it?

me- fill the kettle wait 30 mins for it to cool, fill up a few bottles and then add formula when needed

friend 1 - pre makes the days bottles and keeps in the fridge

friend 2 - boils the kettle adds it to the bottle soon as it’s boiled and then adds the formula right away and then cools it down under the tap!

be interesting to see how other people do it as the way I do it is such a faffI’m hoping I’ve been doing it wrong 🤣
Formula should always be made with a hot shot of boiling water. Check the tin and it’ll tell you the best way to make it.
Personally we have a prep machine for home, but when we’re not at home we use a Nuby rapid cool and a flask of boiling water. They’re a life saver.
Or if it’s a full day, we pre make and warm them!

My BB is 5 months but was born 5 weeks early, hes been sleeping a lot recently and last night he slept from about 10pm-6am didnt wake for his normal feed around 2am. Im not sure how early they start to sleep through but technically hes just 4 months? Hes had a feed and now asleep again. His sucking his fists a lot aswell
My 2 were born 8 weeks early and started going longer stretches and actually managed to sleep through around this age!
Enjoy the sleep! 😊! X

Reactions: 1
My 2 were born 8 weeks early and started going longer stretches and actually managed to sleep through around this age!
Enjoy the sleep! 😊! X
Im loving being able to do the housework and have a wee through the day while hes napping 😂. Hes my 1st and last so this is all new to me but he must love his sleep like his mama xx

My BB is 5 months but was born 5 weeks early, hes been sleeping a lot recently and last night he slept from about 10pm-6am didnt wake for his normal feed around 2am. Im not sure how early they start to sleep through but technically hes just 4 months? Hes had a feed and now asleep again. His sucking his fists a lot aswell
I’d take it! Assuming there’s no weight issues. My Dad likes to tell me how I slept through from 6 weeks… mine are the worst sleepers 😂

looking for advice please, i have a 2 year old and 2 week old. 2 week old obviously sleeps in same room as us in next to me bed, but health visitor come round the other day and said even for things like going to the toilet, doing washing up etc baby has to come with me. i can’t leave him in next to me bed for 10 mins. how on earth do i go about putting my toddler to bed when my boyfriend isn’t here. i can’t have him in the room whilst i’m putting her to sleep?
Err I’ve definitely left my little one (3 weeks yesterday) for a few minutes in his snuzpod whilst his dad was out and I needed the loo 🤷‍♀️ sounds like a 1 way Street to resentment from your toddler and negative feelings for you! In fact here they all say “as long as it’s a safe place you can walk away” [for a few minutes]
---
Anyone done/doing baby swimming lessons? What’s the going price in your area? I’ve just been told it’s £20 for a 30 minute session, commitment of one month so potentially £100 a month 😬

Last edited:
Anyone done/doing baby swimming lessons? What’s the going price in your area? I’ve just been told it’s £20 for a 30 minute session, commitment of one month so potentially £100 a month 😬
In Ireland the average 120 for 6 sessions, upfront payment. I managed to find one pool doing it for 85. The rest were so bloody expensive!!!!

Err I’ve definitely left my little one (3 weeks yesterday) for a few minutes in his snuzpod whilst his dad was out and I needed the loo 🤷‍♀️ sounds like a 1 way Street to resentment from your toddler and negative feelings for you! In fact here they all say “as long as it’s a safe place you can walk away” [for a few minutes]
---
I paid £74 a month 2 years ago, that was for water babies. X

---
Personally, I think baby swim lessons are a waste of money!
You'd get more water time just taking him to a local baby session at your pool! And it's cheaper, and if you can't be bothered one day, you've not lost any money

Reactions: 6
We go to the local leisure centre once a week - 30 min sessions - costs £26 a month. Looked at other companies, Water Babies was £19 a class (also 30 mins) which is crazy given they’re a baby and not really being ‘taught’ at this age, and they hounded me after I’d given my details to find out about class times/locations.

I really enjoy taking him, he loves water and it’s making him comfortable in it which is important to me because I’ve seen a lot of people who are nervous swimmers/around water because they didn’t learn to swim when they were young.

In Ireland the average 120 for 6 sessions, upfront payment. I managed to find one pool doing it for 85. The rest were so bloody expensive!!!!
I paid £74 a month 2 years ago, that was for water babies. X
Thanks! I’ve found another one which is £57 for the same number of sessions so hoping to get in there. It was indeed water babies and when she said the price I did wonder if just taking him myself was a viable option!

We are trying feeding without the shield today to mixed results. Tires him out more but he’s latching better and not just popping off any more which is an improvement 👍🏻

Reactions: 4
My friend took hers to water babies from weeks old and I’ve taken mine just normal swimming. None of them can swim without help (my kids included)
I always found putting them in swimming lessons around age 6 worked so much better and would just take them for a family swim when they were younger
If anyone has any ‘Better’ leisure centres close, these are very good, and not too expensive either

I take mine to our local swimming baths, only £3 for the baby & me sessions! My friend took her baby to the water babies lessons and said it was a waste of money! 😆

Water babies first baby session cost €200 including the nappy. It’s very expensive but we got almost half back from our health insurance. It’s worth it to me because all the babies in our group are the same age and it gives us (me!) a chance to meet a few new people

I found one "term" of the swimming helpful to build my confidence with baby and to know what to do with them in the water (first time mam) but agree after that they'll benefit more from ordinary pool session.

I found one "term" of the swimming helpful to build my confidence with baby and to know what to do with them in the water (first time mam) but agree after that they'll benefit more from ordinary pool session.
That is a very good point. I’m hoping the cheaper one has spaces - after a term we could then go it alone :)

Hey! We’re trying to get things sorted ready for weaning baby Neo whenever she is ready! Does anyone have any recommendations for suction plates or any must haves? I’ve seen some bad reviews where babies can flip bowls and I’d like to limit mess 🤭

Hey! We’re trying to get things sorted ready for weaning baby Neo whenever she is ready! Does anyone have any recommendations for suction plates or any must haves? I’ve seen some bad reviews where babies can flip bowls and I’d like to limit mess 🤭
Id also like to know, coz even though the baby is 15 months, I can’t trust to leave a bowl on the highchair, coz everything gets thrown 👍🏼

• Heart
Id also like to know, coz even though the baby is 15 months, I can’t trust to leave a bowl on the highchair, coz everything gets thrown 👍🏼
I’ve got the Munchkin stay put divided plates that have suction on them and even though we’re at the start of the weaning journey my baby’s not been able to prize it off the tray yet and he’s got a surprisingly strong grip!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The pregnancy and baby fair is on in Dublin this weekend so I’m heading to that to stock up on bits for weaning! Obviously I’m from Ireland 🇮🇪

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.