New baby and post birth advice #42 If only it would fit in a Kallax

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it bad that I’ve taken the day off work but still sent toddler CJ to my MILs (who doesn’t know I’ve taken the day off 👀)

Just really needed some me time 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Is it bad that I’ve taken the day off work but still sent toddler CJ to my MILs (who doesn’t know I’ve taken the day off 👀)

I'm trying to work out whether I can afford nursery on one of my days off each week when I go back so I can have a morning to myself every week 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7

Definitely not! Enjoy your day xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm trying to work out whether I can afford nursery on one of my days off each week when I go back so I can have a morning to myself every week 😂
In my opinion, this is THE dream!

As is this!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Do it!! My day consisted of napping and watching TV, best day ever
The absolute dream!

Honestly I feel so guilty even sitting down for five minutes, I have accidentally trained myself to believe I am everyone’s witch and not behaving as such makes me lazy 👎🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hope everyone's first day back at work went well 💜

I had my first day by myself as MrGlenCoco has gone back to work. I literally feel like the day has flown by and I haven't done anything except survive 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I had my first day by myself as MrGlenCoco has gone back to work. I literally feel like the day has flown by and I haven't done anything except survive 😂
That’s the most important thing most days, You’ve kept you and the baby alive!

Reactions: 4

This is me every day for the last 10 years. Sounds like you’re going a perfect job!

Does anyone have any ideas on ways I can help Baby Power get less upset when I have to leave him?
So I don't often have to leave him but there are a few times a day, usually if I am helping the 3yo use the potty or occasionally if I'm cooking and it's dangerous (oil spitting etc) that I can't have him close by. So I put him in a cot, either his upstairs or a travel one downstairs to keep him safe. The issue is he hates it so much and in less than a minute is beside himself, proper tears crying and screaming and hyperventilating and it takes ages and loads of cuddles after for him to calm down. He's never really left in there for more than five minutes, usually only a minute or two but it's enough time for him to totally lose the plot.

I put plenty of his favourite toys in with him and I've tried putting nursery rhymes on too but it didn't help, i think it might have to just be a phase he grows out of but does anyone have any other ideas I could try?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I know this has been asked a million times but… best remedies for persistent nappy rash?
Baby o has had some really angry looking nappy rash riiiiiiight in her lil butt crack for weeks and no amount of sudocrem is helping. It doesn’t seem to bothering her but I’m worried it will get sore.

I know this has been asked a million times but… best remedies for persistent nappy rash?
Baby o has had some really angry looking nappy rash riiiiiiight in her lil butt crack for weeks and no amount of sudocrem is helping. It doesn’t seem to bothering her but I’m worried it will get sore.
Could it be thrush rather than nappy rash? We’ve had thrush a few times and it doesn’t clear at all with normal nappy cream.
If it isn’t, metanium always worked for my elder 3, and just coconut oil works best for TMe

I love the Weleda nappy cream but if you try a second cream and it still doesn't improve I'd see a GP in case it is thrush or a skin infection or something that needs alternative treatment.

• Heart
Poor B had he’s 12 month jabs 😔 he screamed with each one 💔 you forget how brutal 4 can be

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Does anyone have any ideas on ways I can help Baby Power get less upset when I have to leave him?
So I don't often have to leave him but there are a few times a day, usually if I am helping the 3yo use the potty or occasionally if I'm cooking and it's dangerous (oil spitting etc) that I can't have him close by. So I put him in a cot, either his upstairs or a travel one downstairs to keep him safe. The issue is he hates it so much and in less than a minute is beside himself, proper tears crying and screaming and hyperventilating and it takes ages and loads of cuddles after for him to calm down. He's never really left in there for more than five minutes, usually only a minute or two but it's enough time for him to totally lose the plot.

I put plenty of his favourite toys in with him and I've tried putting nursery rhymes on too but it didn't help, i think it might have to just be a phase he grows out of but does anyone have any other ideas I could try?
Maybe try playing some music? Simple songs usually works for us!

I don’t have any advice at all, other than maybe a snack ? But I’m assuming from what you’ve said he is out of sight so a snack probably not doable. X

Maybe try playing some music? Simple songs usually works for us!
Yeah I've tried, it doesn't seem to help him unfortunately.

I don’t have any advice at all, other than maybe a snack ? But I’m assuming from what you’ve said he is out of sight so a snack probably not doable. X
Yeah he's in another room and we're not really onto snacks yet, just main meals.

I think I'm just going to have to deal with the screams!

• Heart
I know we spoke about this briefly the other day but I’m really starting to get paranoid that Baby Cupcake much prefers his dad to me! If we are both with him and I’m holding him, he puts his hands out for KW and cries. If KW is holding him and I take Baby Cupcake off him so he can go and do something, Baby is distraught. It’s really starting to get me down 😭 I feel like I’m doubting our attachment and it feels pretty tit.

I should add KW is a very un-knobwaffleish KW and will help with night wakes, spends a lot of time with baby etc so not sure if this is why?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I know we spoke about this briefly the other day but I’m really starting to get paranoid that Baby Cupcake much prefers his dad to me! If we are both with him and I’m holding him, he puts his hands out for KW and cries. If KW is holding him and I take Baby Cupcake off him so he can go and do something, Baby is distraught. It’s really starting to get me down 😭 I feel like I’m doubting our attachment and it feels pretty tit.

I should add KW is a very un-knobwaffleish KW and will help with night wakes, spends a lot of time with baby etc so not sure if this is why?
I read somewhere before that until a certain age, babies don’t see you as separate person like their dad. They see mum as an extension of themselves as we’re always there. ❤

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.