New baby and post birth advice #42 If only it would fit in a Kallax

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you girls!
I have curly hair, as does Mr TY and the 10yo (we're all a 3a pattern) but twin 2s is honestly so curly, I've never seen anything like it before! (Shes easily a 3c) So this is a whole new ball game to me, and it looks like twin 1 is going the same was as the back of her head has become straw like texture now😂

Reactions: 2
@WhatABore my 4yo has similar hair to yours. Super straight (mine is super straight and all the kids have it too) and really quite fine. I pop it in two pigtails every day - plaits when it’s longer or ponies when shorter. I find the best clips are actually bows with the metal spring loaded clip (not a great description but I can’t figure out how else to describe!) as they barely move at all. Normal clips don’t stay in. I don’t love bows, but they do the job.
9Me has the thickest hair ever. You could easily shave half her head and she’d still have more than average. Dunno where she gets it from 😏

Good luck to everyone back to work this week - too many to even tag. I hope it goes well 😘

Reactions: 3
Had another argument with OH, actually he can be KW this time because he's really pissed me off. Anyway, it was his fault (which he admits) but he is continuing not to talk to me. Pray tell why? Because "it's easier and he can't be bothered, he can't do a pretence like (I) can". SO he fucks up, then I move on like always because I'm an adult and my reward is to be ignored all day while he behaves like a petulant child. The only way this ever ends is me begging him to speak to me and apologising for something I haven't even done. I actually hate men.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Had another argument with OH, actually he can be KW this time because he's really pissed me off. Anyway, it was his fault (which he admits) but he is continuing not to talk to me. Pray tell why? Because "it's easier and he can't be bothered, he can't do a pretence like (I) can". SO he fucks up, then I move on like always because I'm an adult and my reward is to be ignored all day while he behaves like a petulant child. The only way this ever ends is me begging him to speak to me and apologising for something I haven't even done. I actually hate men.
Yup mine does this, he's a total child. Not only do I end up talking first but I also somehow end up feeling bad like fully gaslight myself into thinking its my fault for bringing it up or pushing it too much. They're cunts, don't apologise!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yup mine does this, he's a total child. Not only do I end up talking first but I also somehow end up feeling bad like fully gaslight myself into thinking its my fault for bringing it up or pushing it too much. They're cunts, don't apologise!
Same, every time because he knows I can't bare the atmosphere whereas he'd happily stay in a sulk for a month telling himself how wronged he is. I always vow I won't give in and I do every time :cautious: He is absolutely incapable of ever taking accountability or apologising it's always me even when I've done FA :mad: They are all the bloody same. "Nagging" = expecting you to just be a decent human mate?

• Heart
That's a good shout, thank you! I hadn't really thought about the crawling issues. Urgh I need to toughen up, I cried once he was happily playing again, which spiralled into how the part of his life where I can protect him from almost everything is nearly over. Get a grip woman... 😂
I mentioned this before but I was like this with my first as we have laminate floors. Even more so when they're pulling themselves up. Constantly sitting behind him or panicking and running to him if he pulled himself up.
2nd and 3rd child... Sit and watch them fall 🤣
With an "eh. Oh well"
They cry for a second and get up and do it again 😂

Thank you girls!
I have curly hair, as does Mr TY and the 10yo (we're all a 3a pattern) but twin 2s is honestly so curly, I've never seen anything like it before! (Shes easily a 3c) So this is a whole new ball game to me, and it looks like twin 1 is going the same was as the back of her head has become straw like texture now😂
I didn't realise there were different gradings for the curls 😂
I mean obviously different types but didn't realise there was a scale with numbers haha 😂

Mines inbetween a 2C and a 3A. Depending on the strand of hair.
For some reason, most of it goes to a 3A except for the 2 side front strands and the underneath which are more a 2C 😂

• Heart
I always have a pack of grated cheese in the fridge, for a little snack. Stops me eating 40 bags of crisps.
I've just gone for a bit of a cheesey snack, the KW has thrown it out.
It was full😐I only bought it on Friday.
He hates that I'll sit there and just eat cheese alone.

Why would you bin perfectly good cheese?
Naturally he wants to die today....

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
I always have a pack of grated cheese in the fridge, for a little snack. Stops me eating 40 bags of crisps.

👀 Does he think you're rich or something?
Does he realise how expensive cheese is? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I didn't realise there were different gradings for the curls 😂
I mean obviously different types but didn't realise there was a scale with numbers haha 😂

Mines inbetween a 2C and a 3A. Depending on the strand of hair.
For some reason, most of it goes to a 3A except for the 2 side front strands and the underneath which are more a 2C 😂
I didn't until a few years ago after killing my hair with bleach and straighteners I decided I wanted my natural hair back and went down a whole path of learning how to actually look after my natural hair and what kinda curls I have and sourcing a hair dresser who's experienced in curly cuts😂.

If science can be found. I'll always sniff it out😂

👀 Does he think you're rich or something?
Does he realise how expensive cheese is? 😂
Exactly this! It was aldis version of Cathedral City too so its not like even that's cheap anymore, it's going up by 4p a bloody week! I'm furious 😂

In the bin he goes. The pure disrespect of KW

I’ve not caught up yet but quick question! Just putting the kallax together 😁😁 but should I secure to the wall? It’s the 4x3 one

Has anybodies babies been prescribed amoxicillin and been unable to get hold of it? Mrelf has been to about 10 pharmacies and they don't have it!

I’ve not caught up yet but quick question! Just putting the kallax together 😁😁 but should I secure to the wall? It’s the 4x3 one
I'll be honest, none of mine have ever been secured to the wall because we have quite chunky skirting boards so they'd be at a funny angle.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
If you've got it up right, so the 4 up, 3 across, I maybe would. But the other way, I probably wouldn't.
Although I'm not too sure as all of ours are length ways and only 2 high

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Our kallax is secured to the wall. Better safe than sorry

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Has anybodies babies been prescribed amoxicillin and been unable to get hold of it? Mrelf has been to about 10 pharmacies and they don't have it!
We’ve just been prescribed it for middle sailor but he offered it as liquid or capsules that you can break up and out into yoghurt etc, might be worth a call back to see if your GP can offer this? I’ve gone for capsules as I know everywhere is completely out of it!

We ended up with phenoxymethylpenicillin potassium tablets on Christmas Day for the 3yo because the only open pharmacy in the county had no amoxicillin 😖 they were absolutely disgusting though, the taste was like nothing I could describe.

absolutely, always better safe than sorry. My parents had just moved house a while ago, my then 8yo (who is super sensible) decided to stand on a bookshelf, it crashed down luckily on to a dehumidifier (random) otherwise she’d have been squashed.

I would always secure to the wall, but then my kids are climbers! It's pretty simple to do, I would definitely do it.

We’ve just been prescribed it for middle sailor but he offered it as liquid or capsules that you can break up and out into yoghurt etc, might be worth a call back to see if your GP can offer this? I’ve gone for capsules as I know everywhere is completely out of it!
The doctor who prescribed it told me there was some in the pharmacy attached to the surgery so I went straight over and they were all out! 🙈 ill give them a ring back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.