New baby and post birth advice #40: All I want for Christmas is a good nights sleep

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My kid is totally my kid, tonight I made pork and cider stew with herb dumplings, his first time trying dumplings, he had one taste and then tried to cram a whole one in his mouth while making happy little growling noises 😂
Ah when I brought a second piece over for him he literally jiggled and squeaked with excitement.
Whenever you mention something you’ve cooked I’m just sat here like 🤤🤤🤤

Reactions: 2
Thanks all for the advice re the water! Need to stop listening to the family members telling me the baby who is on a full liquid diet is thirsty 😂

• Haha
I've washed the pots, I refuse to let those fuckers build😂

I think so😂
I seen one on Tiktok that was apparently an Irish superstition which said don't let gingers into your house on new years day.
Which leaves me fucked given the eldest is ginger 😂 may aswell stick my washer on, cause we'll be killing people off till he moves out 🤣
Ahaha! Glad the SS isn’t here today otherwise we would also have bad luck 🫠
I can’t do the dishes. I can’t bring death on me. I already asked Mr B 3 days ago who does he think will die next year, and Pele, the old Pope and Vivienne Westwood died 👍🏼

• Haha
Ahaha! Glad the SS isn’t here today otherwise we would also have bad luck 🫠
I can’t do the dishes. I can’t bring death on me. I already asked Mr B 3 days ago who does he think will die next year, and Pele, the old Pope and Vivienne Westwood died 👍🏼
And Barbara Walters ( for the Americans 🙋‍♀️)

Reactions: 1
I don’t think I’ve had those kind of dumplings* since I was about 10 and now I can’t stop thinking about them 🤣

*trying to explain dumplings to KW but he’s from a different culture and thinks I mean Asian dumplings 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I've washed the pots, I refuse to let those fuckers build😂

I think so😂
I seen one on Tiktok that was apparently an Irish superstition which said don't let gingers into your house on new years day.
Which leaves me fucked given the eldest is ginger 😂 may aswell stick my washer on, cause we'll be killing people off till he moves out 🤣
My mums ginger no wonder we had tit luck for the 26 years I lived with her, she can keep that karma to herself now 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh, I did see that, but I have no idea who she is 🤦🏼‍♀️ so effectively, I’ve killed 4 people 😂
Wonder if this is why so many famous people die in January.
Depends who has the most people who know who they are doing their washing on new years day 😂 that's how it's decided. 😂
4.6 million people that know who this guy is, did washing but only 2.1 million people that know this other guy did their washing. So looks like the first guy is dying 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don’t think I’ve had those kind of dumplings* since I was about 10 and now I can’t stop thinking about them 🤣

*trying to explain dumplings to KW but he’s from a different culture and thinks I mean Asian dumplings 🤣
I mean Asian dumplings are also great!
But these do have a special place in my heart (like literally in my arteries I imagine 🤣)

And I love cooking! But I am a bit bored of making kid friendly food, I really miss the more interesting things we used to eat!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Loving the kallax. We've had a couple of the cheaper ones but they can get in the bin. We got the trofast too cos everyone recommended it for toys but the drawers piss me off.

Now I wanna go to ikea tomorrow 🤔

Hello! First time posting on this thread 👋
I’m a first time mum, my daughter is two weeks old and I’ve decided to stop breast feeding but I feel so guilty about it and like such a failure. 😒

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Anyone else’s kid hit 1 and start the toddler tantrums early? Today every time I’ve told her no she sticks her bottom lip out and cries, and she’s just had an absolute meltdown because I raised my voice at her slightly and told her to stop grabbing my glasses. Full tears and everything 😵💫

Reactions: 6
I’m a first time mum, my daughter is two weeks old and I’ve decided to stop breast feeding but I feel so guilty about it and like such a failure. 😒
You are not a failure. You breast fed for two weeks, even if you never breast fed again you've given her some important nutrients through your milk.
Formula or breast milk, you're doing the absolute best for your baby & providing them with everything you both need ❤

• Heart
Please don't feel guilty. Formula still provides baby lots and lots of much needed nutrients and ultimately you have to do what is best for your baby and you! 💕💕 Formula fed baby here absolutely thriving! A happy mum is worth anything to baby ❤

• Heart
Do you want to stop or is it purely through lack of help? If lack of help then we may be able to offer advice but if you wanted to stop then absolutely don’t feel bad at all. She needs a happy mama and she would have got your colostrum already which is amazing! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Please don't feel guilty about it and like a failure, I saw a post on Instagram about the grief that comes with ending a breastfeeding journey earlier than you had wanted to, it's a very real feeling, but it is so often down to a lack of support and societal norms failing you, you are not the failure here.

It is important that baby is fed and that your mental health is protected, but it's totally understandable that you have a lot of emotions around this.

Just remember that every drop of breastmilk contains so many amazing antibodies and that two weeks of feeds is incredible.

Hope you're ok, sending love

• Heart
Congratulations! You’re not a failure. I tried for about 6 weeks, I spent so long crying about it, worrying, hormones dictating my feelings towards it, threw money at the problem but I just couldn’t do it. She was starving as I wasn’t producing enough for her with BF or pumping. Once I moved over to formula she was a much happier baby which was better for everyone,

• Heart
Anyone else’s kid hit 1 and start the toddler tantrums early? Today every time I’ve told her no she sticks her bottom lip out and cries, and she’s just had an absolute meltdown because I raised my voice at her slightly and told her to stop grabbing my glasses. Full tears and everything 😵💫
Yep though she’s 14mo and developed a serious attitude. She even bit me today 🤬

• Wow
Don’t feel guilty. My baby was nil by mouth then tube fed formula for the first few days of his life and is absolutely thriving xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.