New baby and post birth advice #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really dreading it in a couple of months!

I’m in a couple FB groups and I see all these mums cook up Michelin 5* meals for the their 6 month olds and I really cba. 😂
Oh sod that!!! I’ve tried a few days of pure blw and he just gets soooo frustrated, he’s so happy being spoon fed and that’s fine. I’ve not had to make anything different either, The food i make tonight, I’ll portion up and freeze so it gives him about 10 meals out of it. I don’t really need to blend much, just make sure it’s soft enough/chopped up into small pieces! I’ll try again when he’s a bit older but yeah, I’m not a fan 😂

Reactions: 3
I really dreading it in a couple of months!

I’m in a couple FB groups and I see all these mums cook up Michelin 5* meals for the their 6 month olds and I really cba. 😂
I’ll probably do purée again with this baby. My son was fine with it and I find it easier to know where I’m up to. My first son now 9 eats none stop and was never fussy with food so it’s good enough for me 😆

Reactions: 1
I’ll probably do purée again with this baby. My son was fine with it and I find it easier to know where I’m up to. My first son now 9 eats none stop and was never fussy with food so it’s good enough for me 😆
That’s good to hear ☺ My understanding is just give them lots of variety. My husband and I are both gannets so hopefully that will rub off on him!

Another day, another question 🤣 Just read that you shouldn’t give milk expressed in the morning to baby at night as different times of day produce different things in the milk. Is this legit? Seems like another thing to worry about 😂
ETA I understand the concept that the milk is slightly different, but seems a bit ott to suggest baby won’t sleep because she had a bottle of milk expressed first thing, before she goes to bed. I guess what I’m asking is whether it makes that much difference in the grand scheme of things?

I’m gonna start with purées too and see how he goes!

I’m just the worst with meals for myself, I have a terrible relationship with food and really don’t want that passed down to him! Sometimes I’ll just have a protein bar for dinner but can’t exactly give that to a 6 month old. 😂 I registered to get the free Ella’s Kitchen weaning pack, it came yesterday and seems like a good place to start? 🤷‍♀️

Another day, another question 🤣 Just read that you shouldn’t give milk expressed in the morning to baby at night as different times of day produce different things in the milk. Is this legit? Seems like another thing to worry about 😂
ETA I understand the concept that the milk is slightly different, but seems a bit ott to suggest baby won’t sleep because she had a bottle of milk expressed first thing, before she goes to bed. I guess what I’m asking is whether it makes that much difference in the grand scheme of things?
I just give her whatever milk if I'm giving a bottle, I never mark on my milk bags what time of day I pumped 🙈

I’m gonna start with purées too and see how he goes!

I’m just the worst with meals for myself, I have a terrible relationship with food and really don’t want that passed down to him! Sometimes I’ll just have a protein bar for dinner but can’t exactly give that to a 6 month old. 😂 I registered to get the free Ella’s Kitchen weaning pack, it came yesterday and seems like a good place to start? 🤷‍♀️
What comes in the pack ? Is it worth sending off for?

What comes in the pack ? Is it worth sending off for?
It’s just a month by month guide going through what foods they suggest when (going against BLW as everything seems fine from 6 months, apart from a few exceptions, which terrifies me!), a few recipes, a big wall chart to tick off foods and a few vouchers.

Reactions: 2
For the odd bottle, don’t worry! I think maybe if it were exclusive pumping you may want to keep it to the time of day it was pumped? But one bottle a day or so it won’t matter!

I don't think it does?! NICU was using my milk in any old order when they should of been using it in date and time order?! Don't think it made a difference to the gruesome twosome

Reactions: 2
Is it ok to admit I bleeping hate BLW 😂
If it isn’t for you, don’t sweat it! Just do whatever works for the 3 of you. I know that there is the divide between purée and blw similar to formula/breastfed, but honestly I think most people do a bit of a combination and just find what works for them.

Reactions: 4
If it isn’t for you, don’t sweat it! Just do whatever works for the 3 of you. I know that there is the divide between purée and blw similar to formula/breastfed, but honestly I think most people do a bit of a combination and just find what works for them.
I know someone who exclusively breast fed for the first year before introducing food at 1 year. Her daughter is an amazing eater now at 3 yrs old and eats everything. Very healthy child. So try not to worry about weaning too too much.

Does anyone have any advice on reflux and know if gaviscon worked for their baby? My baby has been crying well screaming and vomiting. NICU outreach said to call 111 tomorrow and ask for gaviscon, I really hope it works. Poor thing struggles enough with colic and now this.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone have any advice on reflux and know if gaviscon worked for their baby? My baby has been crying well screaming and vomiting. NICU outreach said to call 111 tomorrow and ask for gaviscon, I really hope it works. Poor thing struggles enough with colic and now this.
I know it sounds daft, but has she been sent home with Abidec & Iron too. Have you found when she takes it it makes her reflux worse especially the iron?

I know it sounds daft, but has she been sent home with Abidec & Iron too. Have you found when she takes it it makes her reflux worse especially the iron?
Yes she has and folic acid (just on a Friday). Yes she’s always worse after them too. She’s just literally been screaming and her little face made me cry.

She got weighed today and she’s finally over 4lb 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yes she has and folic acid (just on a Friday). Yes she’s always worse after them too. She’s just literally been screaming and her little face made me cry.

She got weighed today and she’s finally over 4lb 🎉
Sunday here for us🤣

Yep! Same here Iron seems to mess with them so bad we had fountains coming out of their noses this morning, and choking & going blue and then they're terrible throughout the day. I'm sure that's making there reflux worse, oh & giving them the worst nappies I've ever seen.

Aw yay! Go BabyYoda. Little chunk😍🥳

• Heart
Sunday here for us🤣

Yep! Same here Iron seems to mess with them so bad we had fountains coming out of their noses this morning, and choking & going blue and then they're terrible throughout the day. I'm sure that's making there reflux worse, oh & giving them the worst nappies I've ever seen.

Aw yay! Go BabyYoda. Little chunk😍🥳

Oh no!! Bless them. Have they been given anything for their reflux?

She is getting there with her chunk haha

Gaviscon worked well for us, I only gave her a sachet in the morning and one at night as it can make them constipated but we had no issues on the two. She was only on it for just a couple weeks though

Oh no!! Bless them. Have they been given anything for their reflux?

She is getting there with her chunk haha
No not yet, I asked my Health visitor and GP and they said it's a preemie thing they'll grow out of it soon🙄 I don't have a out reach nurse either.

So pleased she's doing well 🥰 (reflux aside!!)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.