New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so mad, baby sailor is 14kg (lol, yes at 9 months) so can nearly have the same amount as we give my 4 year old by age 😅 why the heck do they do it by age then! No wonder calpol never bloody works for him 😂
It's a terrible system, Tommy is nearly 8 1/2 months and 6kg, imagine him and sailor having the same amount 😩 :ROFLMAO:😂😭😵

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Just need to offload a bit...

I've been having CBT for a while now, I have separation anxiety which got really bad after baby was born. I feel like I've been making good progress, I've managed to leave him for an hour or so with both sets of parents. (Don't even get me started on how pushed into this I felt, god knows if I should even have needed therapy or just set more boundaries but it's done now.) Last night I left him with my OH to go out for the second time in nearly 5 months. It was so so hard, I just worried constantly and found it really difficult to switch off and be present. Probably not helped by being regularly updated that he was crying/wouldn't settle/wouldn't feed/wouldn't go to sleep. 🙈

Please someone tell me it gets easier to a) leave them b) have someone else take care of them and actually meet their needs. All I feel is guilt because if I had been at home, he wouldn't have cried for 2 hours and would have gone to bed calm and happy. 🙁 Also, does the guilt ever go away or is this just life now? OH went out for day drinks on Thursday and I had a lovely day with the baby, just chilling at home. He has him for 3 hours and needs a lie-in to recover! Yet still somehow I feel bad for having gone out. Sorry, just dumping all my thoughts here. 😂

Edit: Ok, I've decided I'm being harsh. I spend all day every day with the baby so it's easier for me to look after him... But an occasional break would just be so nice.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I've been having CBT for a while now, I have separation anxiety which got really bad after baby was born. I feel like I've been making good progress, I've managed to leave him for an hour or so with both sets of parents. (Don't even get me started on how pushed into this I felt, god knows if I should even have needed therapy or just set more boundaries but it's done now.) Last night I left him with my OH to go out for the second time in nearly 5 months. It was so so hard, I just worried constantly and found it really difficult to switch off and be present. Probably not helped by being regularly updated that he was crying/wouldn't settle/wouldn't feed/wouldn't go to sleep. 🙈

Please someone tell me it gets easier to a) leave them b) have someone else take care of them and actually meet their needs. All I feel is guilt because if I had been at home, he wouldn't have cried for 2 hours and would have gone to bed calm and happy. 🙁 Also, does the guilt ever go away or is this just life now? OH went out for day drinks on Thursday and I had a lovely day with the baby, just chilling at home. He has him for 3 hours and needs a lie-in to recover! Yet still somehow I feel bad for having gone out. Sorry, just dumping all my thoughts here. 😂

Edit: Ok, I've decided I'm being harsh. I spend all day every day with the baby so it's easier for me to look after him... But an occasional break would just be so nice.
Honestly... Even with the 9yo that is super easy to look after... I feel massive guilt whenever I have to nip out.

Even if I go upstairs and put washing away whilst Everleigh is downstairs with her Dad, I feel like I have to rush as quick as I can because I feel so guilty. Even though it's something that needs doing and it's not like I'm relaxing 😂
When I go and do the weekly shop occasionally on my own, I'm texting my partner constantly and exaggerating how soon I'll be home. I'll still be walking round and I'll text him saying "Just queueing"
I have no idea why but I just feel huge guilt.

I'm here in hospital now, with the 4yo and I feel huuuuuge guilt for not being home. As if I'm home how relaxing or something here? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don't know if it's normal or not 😂 but you're not alone ❤

• Heart

I'm with WhatABore, I struggle to still leave my 9Yo.
I've never willingly left the twins only when my hand has been forced when Twin 2 has needed to go into hospital. Other than that they're always with me.
This morning for example rather than accept help and leave them with my dad, I've brought them to the eldests swimming lesson, it's easier in my head😅
I think it does get easier, the older they get but I think it's always an internal fight for us as mothers

• Heart
Reactions: 4

Don’t feel pressure from others to leave him if you’re not comfortable with it ❤ I’m the only one who can settle my 10mo so I’ve always done bedtime. I’ve once made it out for a couple of drinks locally after I’d put him to bed with a friend who was staying over but KW and I still haven’t had a date night as baby would be inconsolable if he woke to anyone else trying to settle him.

The one exception we had actually was our wedding reception we arranged an event nanny to put him to sleep after I bf him and keep an eye on him for 4 hours. He was upset so it wasn’t ideal but really necessary for us to have some time with our families and friends we live so far from. It’s honestly just down to personal preference and what you feel comfortable with ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5

Honestly, if you feel like that do you need to leave him? I once left the baby with my husband to take my big girl out for ice cream, and I’ve done the occasional nursery pick up without her (but I’m only gone 15 mins). She’ll start nursery before I go back to work. I don’t really like leaving my 3.5yo either and so generally only tend to make plans when she’s at nursery. I do leave her to go to work (currently on mat leave) but that’s about it

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Love that😍 The boy hit 15kg when he was around the same age. Love me a little chunk😍
The twins are only 10kg at 14 months.
Defo go off weight! We always have & I've noticed the difference from when I had the 9yo & went off box doses!
Yesss 👊🏼 We love a chunky baby around here too! Rolls for days 😍

I agree with the others, I haven't once gone out in the evening for 3.5 years since having my daughter, the only time we've been apart in the evening/at night is when she's had the occasional sleepover with her grandparents which she loves.

There's no right and wrong, but don't feel that you "should" leave them because of a societal expectation, only do it if you want to.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How's little sailor getting on in hospital?
How are you & Ivy @WhatABore is there any progress?
Not too great unfortunately but thank you for asking! His oxygen levels without oxygen are about 82/83, with oxygen (mask) are 92 which is ok but obviously not fantastic as you know. The nose prong things weren’t cutting it! He went really floppy earlier and was just lolling around on my lap making a weird noise but the nebuliser seemed to help a bit as he started crying properly instead of whinging but then just sent him back to sleep in the end. It was super scary actually as he’s working so hard to breathe as well. I’ve come home for a shower and a quick sleep and to see the older 2 then I’m going back - I’ve gone from not being overly worried to quite concerned as I don’t think either of my other 2 have been quite this poorly with it ☹ (Also soz for the detz feel like I had to vent it out as all of my family are such worriers I feel like I can’t tell them anything!)

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Not too great unfortunately but thank you for asking! His oxygen levels without oxygen are about 82/83, with oxygen (mask) are 92 which is ok but obviously not fantastic as you know. The nose prong things weren’t cutting it! He went really floppy earlier and was just lolling around on my lap making a weird noise but the nebuliser seemed to help a bit as he started crying properly instead of whinging but then just sent him back to sleep in the end. It was super scary actually as he’s working so hard to breathe as well. I’ve come home for a shower and a quick sleep and to see the older 2 then I’m going back - I’ve gone from not being overly worried to quite concerned as I don’t think either of my other 2 have been quite this poorly with it ☹ (Also soz for the detz feel like I had to vent it out as all of my family are such worriers I feel like I can’t tell them anything!)
Don't apologise! Vent away!
Poor little mite😔 have they swabbed him to see if it could be anything else other than bronchitis?!
Hopefully the nebs help him and he starts to perk up over the next 24hrs😪

• Heart
duck duck fuckity duck.

The 3.5yo convinced us to invite all her friends round for a Halloween party. I’ve got 13 under 4s coming to my house tomorrow. The bouncy castle has just let us down.

What the hell do I do with all these kids in my house?!?!? 😭😭😭😭😭

• Haha
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
duck duck fuckity duck.

The 3.5yo convinced us to invite all her friends round for a Halloween party. I’ve got 13 under 4s coming to my house tomorrow. The bouncy castle has just let us down.

Massive bowl of sugar, hide under the stairs, in the shed or the toilet with something stronger than 8.5%?

• Haha
duck duck fuckity duck.

Sedate them???

bob for apples, make a little obstacle course outside and get them in teams, wrap the mummy (cheap bog rolls and get them to wrap someone up), donut eating comp (ring donut on a string and dangle it in front of their mouth), face painting?

Let them dance around like lunatics!

Reactions: 6
duck duck fuckity duck.

Seek urgent mental health treatment cause I can only assume this is the result of a complete breakdown 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
We've moved the cot... First night in his own room for my boy! Feel very emotional about it.
Although who are we kidding, he might spend the first couple of hours of the night in there but we all know he'll spend most of the night in my bed feeding every hour 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thanks everyone ❤

Honestly, if you feel like that do you need to leave him? I once left the baby with my husband to take my big girl out for ice cream, and I’ve done the occasional nursery pick up without her (but I’m only gone 15 mins). She’ll start nursery before I go back to work. I don’t really like leaving my 3.5yo either and so generally only tend to make plans when she’s at nursery. I do leave her to go to work (currently on mat leave) but that’s about it
If it was up to me, no, absolutely not, and I do think I'm going to be a bit firmer. I've already said he's not going anywhere overnight for a looooong time.

• Heart
We've moved the cot... First night in his own room for my boy! Feel very emotional about it.
Although who are we kidding, he might spend the first couple of hours of the night in there but we all know he'll spend most of the night in my bed feeding every hour 🤣
I think we're going to try baby in his own room tonight too! He's been driving me mad the last couple of nights shouting in his sleep I think he's been trying to roll over but he's filling his next to me so can't! Good luck ☺

• Heart
I think we're going to try baby in his own room tonight too! He's been driving me mad the last couple of nights shouting in his sleep I think he's been trying to roll over but he's filling his next to me so can't! Good luck ☺
You too!
We're late doing it really, he's 7 months tomorrow but we've not been in a rush and I don't think it'll help his sleep, it'll just mean I've got further to stagger out of bed to get to him haha.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.