New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm honestly at my wits end. Arnie is nearly 6 months now and won't sleep unless held, day and night. Even when he's held he sleeps max 30 mins during the day so I get nothing done and he's so heavy my arms are cramping constantly. I'm so sleep deprived, snappy and just want 5 mins where I don't have a baby attached to me.

I love him more than life but my god, its mentally draining. I tried him in his next to me last night and he screamed as soon as he's in it. I just have no idea what to do, my other two were food sleepers for the first 6 months but I'm not exaggerating in saying I haven't had a full night since he's been born. How the hell I will function come Jan when I'm back teaching I have no idea.
I can’t imagine how tough this is - it sounds similar to @jackolantern‘s experience with little Tommy. You mummas operating on such little sleep have my major respect, and although you may not feel like it you really are superstars.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Another babe down and admitted to hosp with bad bronchiolitis 😩 I hate this time of year! My kids are wheeze magnets 🙃

He’s been waking up every 5-10 minutes all night and all day so please send me your best sleep vibes 🤣

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Baby Rita has graduated out of the Moses basket now she can roll… so this evening I’ve put her straight in the next to me upstairs and come down to watch TV. It feels so weird I’ve just been sat staring at her on the monitor ☹☹☹ Where has my baby gone???

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm honestly at my wits end. Arnie is nearly 6 months now and won't sleep unless held, day and night. Even when he's held he sleeps max 30 mins during the day so I get nothing done and he's so heavy my arms are cramping constantly. I'm so sleep deprived, snappy and just want 5 mins where I don't have a baby attached to me.

I love him more than life but my god, its mentally draining. I tried him in his next to me last night and he screamed as soon as he's in it. I just have no idea what to do, my other two were food sleepers for the first 6 months but I'm not exaggerating in saying I haven't had a full night since he's been born. How the hell I will function come Jan when I'm back teaching I have no idea.
The sleep thing is honestly the worst isn’t it 😓. Maybe by January he will have settled into a better routine with sleep 🤞🏻. Does he wake up straight away? I used to wait 10 mins so was fast asleep hoping he wouldn’t wake up but every time when he was younger he would wake up the second I put him down. it’s awful when you can’t get anything done and everywhere’s a mess when you’re so tired 😓.

I have been so sleep deprived this half term. Even though the baby will go down in his cot or next to me, he wakes up crying loads of times in the night for no reason at all. A quick shhhh and dummy back in he goes back to sleep but when you do that 8+ times in 6 hrs (or less) it’s exhausting😓.

i hope things improve for you soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The sleep thing is honestly the worst isn’t it 😓. Maybe by January he will have settled into a better routine with sleep 🤞🏻. Does he wake up straight away? I used to wait 10 mins so was fast asleep hoping he wouldn’t wake up but every time when he was younger he would wake up the second I put him down. it’s awful when you can’t get anything done and everywhere’s a mess when you’re so tired 😓.

I have been so sleep deprived this half term. Even though the baby will go down in his cot or next to me, he wakes up crying loads of times in the night for no reason at all. A quick shhhh and dummy back in he goes back to sleep but when you do that 8+ times in 6 hrs (or less) it’s exhausting😓.

i hope things improve for you soon.
I'm really hoping so. So tonight he's gone to sleep, I've got up really slowly to try yransfer him and he's woken now he's screaming his head off and this will be it now until 10. He won't take a dummy, wakes up at least 6 times a night for milk (he's being weaned so plenty of food and milk etc) I'm just at a loss. Thanks lovely x

• Heart
Reactions: 6

I don’t have much advice but just want to say I empathise. My baby wouldn’t sleep unless held for the first few months either, and has always been a frequent waker, and during the night won’t settle without being fed so I don’t usually get more than about 2 hours sleep at a time through the night and she’s one next month! She is still in my room and my husband doesn’t sleep with us because she ends up coming into my bed in the second half of the night. By this age my first baby was sleeping through the night consistently in her own room and putting herself to sleep. She is just one of those babies who is higher needs and thrives off being close to me, smelling me and being able to touch me. I’m working with a sleep consultant to make some changes and we will get there, she won’t be three and still sleeping with me I hope….the sleep deprivation is very hard and I’ve not felt myself for a long time. Anything you can do to get some sleep or rest would be helpful I think. There have been a handful of nights when she was smaller that I just didn’t sleep and stayed up all night Holding her watching Netflix. That did pass, and so it will with yours too, people aren’t holding toddlers all night generally. There are tweaks you can do to help with sleep but even just with time it will get better ❤‍🩹

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Sorry just realised I’ve come storming into the middle of a conversation about babies not sleeping talking about my baby being asleep upstairs! Note to self read thread before posting ❤❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8

I wish I had some useful advice mama but unfortunately Tommy is 8 months and apparently Arnie’s spirit animal because he’s exactly the same and I still haven’t cracked it 😰😅 It’s brutal it really is. In fact it’s almost worse now because he’s heavier, stronger and JESUS the decibel of his scream. I put him down for one minute to wee yesterday and let’s just say it’s a good job I don’t have neighbours or I’d have people banging on the door with the noise he made. These high needs babies are demonic imps sent to test us im sure 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I wish I had some useful advice mama but unfortunately Tommy is 8 months and apparently Arnie’s spirit animal because he’s exactly the same and I still haven’t cracked it 😰😅 It’s brutal it really is. In fact it’s almost worse now because he’s heavier, stronger and JESUS the decibel of his scream. I put him down for one minute to wee yesterday and let’s just say it’s a good job I don’t have neighbours or I’d have people banging on the door with the noise he made. These high needs babies are demonic imps sent to test us im sure 🤣
They were sent to bloody test us!! I hope this means they are going to be angel toddlers 😇. I just have no patience with the constant moaning and get so worked up, I'm awful :(

• Heart
Reactions: 3
They were sent to bloody test us!! I hope this means they are going to be angel toddlers 😇. I just have no patience with the constant moaning and get so worked up, I'm awful :(
You aren’t at all. I am the exact same. It’s really no wonder on this many months of near total sleep deprivation and no time to yourself! You are a superstar ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Sorry just realised I’ve come storming into the middle of a conversation about babies not sleeping talking about my baby being asleep upstairs! Note to self read thread before posting ❤❤❤❤
Don't be silly!!! Your angel girl gives me hope :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Can we drug them to sleep?
Is that allowed?
What can we use?
Asking for a friend who's about to hit 14months of 3 hours sleep a night
duck off snoop

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Can we drug them to sleep?
Is that allowed?
What can we use?
Asking for a friend who's about to hit 14months of 3 hours sleep a night
duck off snoop
My MIL helpfully told me to crush up one of her bloody sleeping tablets. She was being serious. God help me :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Talking of sleep, we got through the molar of doom and now… drum roll,…. Yet another bleeping cold….

0F7BF933-2D6F-445E-A732-89EF77FE5234.gif

I'm really hoping so. So tonight he's gone to sleep, I've got up really slowly to try yransfer him and he's woken now he's screaming his head off and this will be it now until 10. He won't take a dummy, wakes up at least 6 times a night for milk (he's being weaned so plenty of food and milk etc) I'm just at a loss. Thanks lovely x
You may have tried this, but I used to get lil’P to fall asleep on a pillow, on me, and then transfer her whilst on the pillow… or put a sleep nest on my lap and then transfer her that way…. I did some crazy experimenting 😂
Nothing but solidarity though… ❤

Hope everything is okay @WhatABore ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6

No advice, but massive sympathy, it’s the same here 11 months in and it’s tit. The only break I get is if he’s fallen asleep in the car. I used to be strict on safe sleep but he simply will not transfer, so I just leave him to sleep in the car seat now for the respite, no idea what we’ll do when we switch away from the carry out seat soon.
I’ve always had a small bladder and the 1 long nap days are a killer, if I put him down for a wee it’s game over 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 2
So baby girl goes to sleep in her cot but wakes up and at the moment can take an hour to get back down, can’t have her in with us because she gets too excited by the dogs. Ended up in her cot with her last night and woke up this morning with a trapped nerve and shooting pains in my arm. 1/10 would not recommend, just going to get a bloody floor bed so I can properly get in with her when she won’t settle

• Heart
So baby girl goes to sleep in her cot but wakes up and at the moment can take an hour to get back down, can’t have her in with us because she gets too excited by the dogs. Ended up in her cot with her last night and woke up this morning with a trapped nerve and shooting pains in my arm. 1/10 would not recommend, just going to get a bloody floor bed so I can properly get in with her when she won’t settle
I’m a lump so there’s no way I’d ever manage to not collapse the cot into sawdust 😂😭 so I think this is gonna be our plan. His room is tiny and won’t fit a single bed without getting rid of his cot and drawers, so looks like we’re going to have to move him up to the middle bedroom 😭
It was always the plan to upgrade him to it if we had baby #2 so that they could take his place in the nursery, but we wanted to keep the office/spare bed going for as long as poss which is why we started him in the box room. But sleep wins.

I spent ages a few weeks ago trawling the internet for a double sized floor bed in the UK. So pricey 😭 but I think it’s worth if if I can feed him in it and roll away. And would at least give us more options playing family musical beds down the line esp if there’s another bambino in the mix.

Not caught up yet but....is 15 months too early for nightmares? She's woken up so upset and she usually settles as soon as she sees me but it took a bit longer. Was a different cry to usual as well 🤔

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I’m a lump so there’s no way I’d ever manage to not collapse the cot into sawdust 😂😭 so I think this is gonna be our plan. His room is tiny and won’t fit a single bed without getting rid of his cot and drawers, so looks like we’re going to have to move him up to the middle bedroom 😭
It was always the plan to upgrade him to it if we had baby #2 so that they could take his place in the nursery, but we wanted to keep the office/spare bed going for as long as poss which is why we started him in the box room. But sleep wins.

I spent ages a few weeks ago trawling the internet for a double sized floor bed in the UK. So pricey 😭 but I think it’s worth if if I can feed him in it and roll away. And would at least give us more options playing family musical beds down the line esp if there’s another bambino in the mix.
Yess this was my plan - feed and roll away. I’m toying with the idea of buying a double mattress then building a wooden surround for it to make a diy floor bed. I think in theory designing one wouldn’t be too difficult but in practice…😬

Not caught up yet but....is 15 months too early for nightmares? She's woken up so upset and she usually settles as soon as she sees me but it took a bit longer. Was a different cry to usual as well 🤔
We have this sometimes and I thought the same, it’s more of a sad scared cry that doesn’t stop even when I come in and cuddle her :( I think it could be although I think they’re usually a little later but how do they really know?!

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.