New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@MrsLucas i started typing about feeding tubes then caught up and saw your home, fab news 💕

@WhatABore thank god you have a bed!!! Fingers crossed she starts to turn a corner once you’re there you must be demented god love her ❤

@FirsttimeTTC echoing what a couple have already said about NICU, ask as many questions as you want and defo insist to be as involved as you would like. It won’t be forever and baba is in the best place I promise. We were in there for a week and we’re home now, he was on a ventilator, CPAP, feeding tube, antibiotics but now looking at him you wouldn’t even know he’s absolutely perfect 💙

Sending everyone hugs who needs it xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Not as good as the m60 at rush hour in December

all the Mancs know that’s the Trafford Centre motorway, grim
The M60 at any time now is just god awful. I got stuck for 2 hours the other week at the Ashton Junction, ruined my trip to ikea😂

Reactions: 1
I know I shouldn't complain because we've got the bed.
But this place is awful 😩

It absolutely stinks for a start.
We're on a ward with 10 other beds. All squeezed in.
It has her bed, my bed with no space so I have to crawl onto it from the end. And then a cabinet the other side. All squished together.

She's supposed to have 3 different lots of antibiotics every 4 hours.
Since we got here at midnight, they've given her none.
I questioned it this morning and they said "Well, we don't have one of them"

They're supposed to be giving her constant calpol and ibuprofen to keep her temperature down. Instead of waiting for it to rise because that's when she goes sleepy and not very responsive.
But they refused to give her any when we got here because her temperature was down, so I woke up at 5am and she was roasting hot. Check her temperature... 42 🙃

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Between that and the m61 when I need to go to Bolton 🫠 haven’t had an ikea trip in ages!

Wish I could give you my shopping list 😂 I need to go but hate how busy it’ll be
Are you me? 😂
I avoid the M61 & M62 like the plague 😂

Trafford Centre is at its best first thing on a Sunday Morning, by about 12 you wanna be outta there!
I took the girls the Sunday after their birthday for build a bear, left at 12 just as it was getting rammed👌🏻

I know I shouldn't complain because we've got the bed.
But this place is awful 😩

It absolutely stinks for a start.
We're on a ward with 10 other beds. All squeezed in.
It has her bed, my bed with no space so I have to crawl onto it from the end. And then a cabinet the other side. All squished together.

She's supposed to have 3 different lots of antibiotics every 4 hours.
Since we got here at midnight, they've given her none.
I questioned it this morning and they said "Well, we don't have one of them"

They're supposed to be giving her constant calpol and ibuprofen to keep her temperature down. Instead of waiting for it to rise because that's when she goes sleepy and not very responsive.
But they refused to give her any when we got here because her temperature was down, so I woke up at 5am and she was roasting hot. Check her temperature... 42 🙃
That is absolutely shocking I’m so sorry you are going through this. Are they understaffed? There really is no excuse ☹

When did you stop using the carry cot part of the pushchair? Baby is 5 months next week (😢😢😢) but she’s quite petite, she was about 5.4kg when we got weighed a few weeks ago. She still fits in it and is happy in it (she just goes to sleep usually). The instructions say it’s ok for up to 9kg or until they can sit unaided - which she can’t.

BUT I keep seeing loads of people with babies similar age or younger who are already in the seat part… should I move her or is she okay for now?

When did you stop using the carry cot part of the pushchair? Baby is 5 months next week (😢😢😢) but she’s quite petite, she was about 5.4kg when we got weighed a few weeks ago. She still fits in it and is happy in it (she just goes to sleep usually). The instructions say it’s ok for up to 9kg or until they can sit unaided - which she can’t.

BUT I keep seeing loads of people with babies similar age or younger who are already in the seat part… should I move her or is she okay for now?
I moved baby author pretty early (about 4.5months) into the seat but kept the seat horizontal if that makes sense. Main reason was that he was full on screaming about going into the carrycot part so I was having to carry him everywhere, and he’s pretty big/heavy. He was also starting to sit. As soon as I put him in the seat part he was happy as anything and the tears stopped, I think because he could look out more. If it hadn’t been for the carrycot refusal then I probably would have kept him in for a bit longer though, although he was getting close to not fitting on length too…

Reactions: 3

I only moved mine out of the carrycots because they got too long for it and looked really squished, think this was around 5 months. If she’s still the right size and happy in it I would stick with what works 😃

I switched baby girls 2 weeks ago she’s petite too and she’s been absolutely fine in it. She is so nosey 🤣 she loves it. I’m sure she will be just fine.

I may be late to the party but I’ve just stick CBeebies on whilst I sort washing. And teletubbies is on… since when did they have babies 😂??? Who shacked up with who!

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Whenever she is unhappy really.

We swapped Everleigh when she learned to roll because she was constantly rolling over in it and getting mad 😂 but would have happily kept her in longer if she was happy

That is absolutely shocking I’m so sorry you are going through this. Are they understaffed? There really is no excuse ☹
I have no idea.
But I've questioned it and they've basically said to let them do their job, they know what they're doing 🙃

They don't give the kids breakfast either so looks like I'm going to have to find some stuff. No idea what with nowhere to store it.
They plonk a bowl of fruit in the hallway for breakfast.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Whenever she is unhappy really.

We swapped Everleigh when she learned to roll because she was constantly rolling over in it and getting mad 😂 but would have happily kept her in longer if she was happy

I have no idea.
But I've questioned it and they've basically said to let them do their job, they know what they're doing 🙃

They don't give the kids breakfast either so looks like I'm going to have to find some stuff. No idea what with nowhere to store it.
They plonk a bowl of fruit in the hallway for breakfast.
No breakfast!!! What the hell! I’m so sorry you’re being treated so badly 😓

We made the swap at about 16 weeks but baby Celeste is a long boi (sorry, cringing at myself!) and also super nosey and wanted to see what was going on. We have him fairly reclined to reduce pressure on his neck/back and he loves it. But if he'd been more petite I'd definitely have kept him in the carrycot for as long as possible.

Shocked at how many of you are from the wrong wide of the Pennines 😂😏😉

We swapped at about 3 months and then had him partially sat up in it from about 4.5-5 months. But he's very big and has very strong head control.

Are you me? 😂
I avoid the M61 & M62 like the plague 😂

Trafford Centre is at its best first thing on a Sunday Morning, by about 12 you wanna be outta there!
I took the girls the Sunday after their birthday for build a bear, left at 12 just as it was getting rammed👌🏻
Theres a crash at least once a week and I always get caught in them!

Ooo that’s a good idea! What time do the shops open is it 11? I might try this weekend surely it’ll be quiet if everyone’s hungover from Halloween nights out

Theres a crash at least once a week and I always get caught in them!

Ooo that’s a good idea! What time do the shops open is it 11? I might try this weekend surely it’ll be quiet if everyone’s hungover from Halloween nights out
Yeahh! If you don't need to go in many places you're literally in & out! My favourite time same on a bank holiday Monday!

Feel like I've forgotten everything since the toddler was a baby in regards to weaning!

I'm just starting to wean Arnie now, I've just started with the pouches to give him a chance to experience all the different tastes etc, but is it too early to give him finger food? He has no teeth so I'm terrified of him choking! Also, when you first started weaning do you just give one meal a day? I honestly can't remember what I did with my other two, which is quite concerning haha! :sleep: I can't even remember my own name most days through the sleep dep soooo it's not a surprise really

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.