New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having one of those days where I feel totally inadequate 😣 I was away over the weekend and KW and baby sounded like they had a lovely time but baby has not been happy with me today. Feels like I can't do anything right and he'd prefer to be with anyone but me 😭 he's been crying so much 😔

I'm also feeling so incredibly lonely. We've got no classes this week due to it being half term so I've got a week of nothing planned. I don't have any close friends with babies to see. I am in an NCT group but I feel so paranoid about what they think of me. I'm definitely the chattiest in the group whatsapp and they probably think I'm a total over sharer but I don't really have anyone else to talk to.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Having one of those days where I feel totally inadequate 😣 I was away over the weekend and KW and baby sounded like they had a lovely time but baby has not been happy with me today. Feels like I can't do anything right and he'd prefer to be with anyone but me 😭 he's been crying so much 😔

I'm also feeling so incredibly lonely. We've got no classes this week due to it being half term so I've got a week of nothing planned. I don't have any close friends with babies to see. I am in an NCT group but I feel so paranoid about what they think of me. I'm definitely the chattiest in the group whatsapp and they probably think I'm a total over sharer but I don't really have anyone else to talk to.
I'm sorry you're having a tough day, it's so hard when baby just whines and cries all day, it immediately puts you on edge.
And I totally get it about half term, especially at this time of year when the weather is often dodgy so you can't just spend the whole day outside which is what I would often do in the spring and summer!

Tomorrow is a new day though, try to get out even if it is just for a brief while and try not to worry about the NCT group, I'm sure they don't think anything bad of you! They are probably just like me, I look at messages on my phone then get distracted and forget to respond for a day or two!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
How are you both getting on @WhatABore
Still waiting to be moved.
They've accepted her now. Whatever that means 😂
And now they're waiting for some kids to be discharged before we're moved over there.

Poor girl has so many antibiotics going through her that she can't hold her poop in and its just leaking everywhere.gone through 4 pairs of shorts and 3 pants just today!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
And now they're waiting for some kids to be discharged before we're moved over there.

Poor girl has so many antibiotics going through her that she can't hold her poop in and its just leaking everywhere.gone through 4 pairs of shorts and 3 pants just today!
God it's just awful what you are both going through, I'm so sorry mama, what tough cookies you are :cry: You'd think with a child they'd take it all more seriously and get things on the move.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Inter-hospital transfers are stupidly difficult to organise. It’s a good thing she’s finally been ‘accepted’ - hopefully you’ll be moved soon. Sorry you’re going through this and sending you much love. Is there a cafe in your hospital?! I’d love to be able to send you like a costa evoucher or something so you can have a little treat. Plus I bet you need the caffeine

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Awww you sound like you’ve got so much going on! For ages I was like I don’t think baby Waka is fussed with me. She never settled any different to me than with anyone else, I loved her of course but she never co slept or calmed down when I held her so I was confused when I could just be her comfort. It came.
check out your local family centres, they often continue in half terms.
funnily enough I went to one this morning and saw a lady from the rhyme time we used to go to. I said hello and she just said hi. No other convo. I’m chatty and still find it hard to get to chatting with other mums (I think loads are weird tbH 😂 blame it on them!)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Inter-hospital transfers are stupidly difficult to organise. It’s a good thing she’s finally been ‘accepted’ - hopefully you’ll be moved soon. Sorry you’re going through this and sending you much love. Is there a cafe in your hospital?! I’d love to be able to send you like a costa evoucher or something so you can have a little treat. Plus I bet you need the caffeine
I went to the little hospital shop today because I'd ran out of food. 2 sandwiches, 2 packets of crisps, 2 bottles of water, chocolate bar and a magazine.. £21 🤯🤯

The good thing about Adenbrooks is they've got pizza hut and burger King and all sorts there and they deliver to the wards 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 10

Well you’re in the right place, we’re a thread full of over sharers (as the amount of times we’ve discussed haemorrhoids over all 30-something threads will testify). A few stay and plays are still running here over half term, or the library are still doing their things

I went to the little hospital shop today because I'd ran out of food. 2 sandwiches, 2 packets of crisps, 2 bottles of water, chocolate bar and a magazine.. £21 🤯🤯

The good thing about Adenbrooks is they've got pizza hut and burger King and all sorts there and they deliver to the wards 😂
I didn’t realise you were so close to me! Is this where you’re being transferred to?

• Heart

Baby is cross because he loves you so much, and you had the audacity (😉) to leave … and now you are back he can let out all those feelings that he couldn’t with daddy. It is really common for our kids to be “the worst behaved” with mum, and better behaved with everyone else. It’s because they feel safest with us, and they know they can let all their grumpy, cross, crappy behaviour out on us. Even the littlest ones!
Also, maybe KW has made things sound better because he a) doesn’t want you to worry that baby was unhappy without you and b) wants you to think really highly of his solo parenting skills. It doesn’t mean it was all fun and games in reality.
Babies have crappy days too, and that’s not a reflection on anyone or anything in their lives, sometimes we just have crappy days even when everything should be perfect.

I’m sorry you’re feeling so lonely. It’s a feeling I think that many of us have shared at some point in the motherhood baby journey, sadly ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Baby is cross because he loves you so much, and you had the audacity (😉) to leave … and now you are back he can let out all those feelings that he couldn’t with daddy. It is really common for our kids to be “the worst behaved” with mum, and better behaved with everyone else. It’s because they feel safest with us, and they know they can let all their grumpy, cross, crappy behaviour out on us. Even the littlest ones!
Also, maybe KW has made things sound better because he a) doesn’t want you to worry that baby was unhappy without you and b) wants you to think really highly of his solo parenting skills. It doesn’t mean it was all fun and games in reality.
Babies have crappy days too, and that’s not a reflection on anyone or anything in their lives, sometimes we just have crappy days even when everything should be perfect.

I’m sorry you’re feeling so lonely. It’s a feeling I think that many of us have shared at some point in the motherhood baby journey, sadly ❤
I am going to start a campaign to elect you as prime minister. Your posts are always kind and wise and you put what I want to say into words that I’d never manage to come up with.

Besides. Apparently they let anyone have a go at being PM these days. Might as well elect someone nice next time

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Well you’re in the right place, we’re a thread full of over sharers (as the amount of times we’ve discussed haemorrhoids over all 30-something threads will testify). A few stay and plays are still running here over half term, or the library are still doing their things

I didn’t realise you were so close to me! Is this where you’re being transferred to?
It is, yeah. We're currently in Peterborough 😊

I am going to start a campaign to elect you as prime minister. Your posts are always kind and wise and you put what I want to say into words that I’d never manage to come up with.

Besides. Apparently they let anyone have a go at being PM these days. Might as well elect someone nice next time
Well I think with the current system everyone gets 6 weeks as prime minister so I'm sure it will be MamaMe's turn soon enough!
And don't worry about electing her, just get 185 people to choose her and job done!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Do you have Peanut? I hear there’s some really nice groups on there []

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

#DefinitelyPrimeMinister

• Haha
Reactions: 11
You need a Kofi account or what ever it is so we can all send you coffee & cake 😂

• Haha

I would take it - £115000 a year for life?! Count me in! I could maybe even do 45 days so I don’t shake myself 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.