New baby and post birth advice #34 Just press the tummy to turn it off

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just been up with baby o for half hour while she put another 7oz of milk away despite being plugged up 🤷🏻‍♀️
But now I’m lying in bed, I can see on the monitor she’s asleep, I can hear via the monitor that her room is silent and yet the second I close my eyes… phantom crying 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Now it’s a new week I can officially say I’m going to have 2 one year olds next week 😭😭😭. I’m not ready at all. Did anyone else keep looking at their newborn pictures or am I just a saddo 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Now it’s a new week I can officially say I’m going to have 2 one year olds next week 😭😭😭. I’m not ready at all. Did anyone else keep looking at their newborn pictures or am I just a saddo 😩
Yep. I cried. A lot! I wasn’t looking forward to it & wasn’t exciting when people kept mentioning she’d be nearly one. I was going to buy a reborn doll just so I could baby something 🤣

@WhatABore any update? How was the night

• Heart
Reactions: 4
My baby is 1 this week 😭😭😭
Also is she the only baby that white noise did absolutely nothing for. I don’t mind it, but I can sleep with a tv, lights, fan, or white noise on 😂 we don’t use it, we tried and it did nothing 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yep. I cried. A lot! I wasn’t looking forward to it & wasn’t exciting when people kept mentioning she’d be nearly one. I was going to buy a reborn doll just so I could baby something 🤣

@WhatABore any update? How was the night
She's still asleep at the minute.
They're constantly waking her. 3 different types of antibiotics every 4 hours. Obs every 2, paracetamol and ibuprofen constant on top.

She had a 40 temp around 11pm and that was with constant medicine.
So hopefully that has come down this morning.
But she was sick from coughing. Got her up and changed, back again in bed. And she was sick again.

Her oxygen saturation levels are sitting at 100. Occasionally drop to 99.
But they're amazed at how high it is considering how severe her pneumonia is!

My baby is 1 this week 😭😭😭
Also is she the only baby that white noise did absolutely nothing for. I don’t mind it, but I can sleep with a tv, lights, fan, or white noise on 😂 we don’t use it, we tried and it did nothing 🤷🏼‍♀️
It doesn't send them to sleep.
It stops them being disturbed so much 😊

We have the fans on and they don't get disturbed by any noises really because the fan blocks some of it out 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She's still asleep at the minute.
They're constantly waking her. 3 different types of antibiotics every 4 hours. Obs every 2, paracetamol and ibuprofen constant on top.

She had a 40 temp around 11pm and that was with constant medicine.
So hopefully that has come down this morning.
But she was sick from coughing. Got her up and changed, back again in bed. And she was sick again.

Her oxygen saturation levels are sitting at 100. Occasionally drop to 99.
But they're amazed at how high it is considering how severe her pneumonia is!
She is a little super star! As is her mummy!
I've got everything crossed this round of antibiotics start to help her!
Is it today you're transferred up to the other hospital for the ultrasound?🤞🏻

• Heart
She is a little super star! As is her mummy!
I've got everything crossed this round of antibiotics start to help her!
Is it today you're transferred up to the other hospital for the ultrasound?🤞🏻
Hopefully, yes! Just want to get it done and get back!
Not looking forward to the transport!

My Mum and sister are constantly messaging asking for updates. Even though I've been updating them constantly and update them anytime something new happens 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I caved and bought Dr browns bottles hoping it would solve all our issues 🤦🏻‍♀️
Still spilly ✅
Still impossible to burp ✅
Yet to see if it’ll tempt him back to the boob with the better shaped teat 🤞🏼

I caved and bought Dr browns bottles hoping it would solve all our issues 🤦🏻‍♀️
Still spilly ✅
Still impossible to burp ✅
Yet to see if it’ll tempt him back to the boob with the better shaped teat 🤞🏼
I know you tried avent, but have you tried mam? These worked best with my last 2

Reactions: 1
I did have to laugh this morning.

My partner moans at me for leaving socks at the side of the bed.
(I hate feet and take my socks off in bed and kick them out 😂) usually I pick them up in the morning... But at 4am, it's too early and I forget.

Just sent him a photo of the ward bathroom. With my sock on the floor. From 8am this morning 😂 it's now 12 and I've only just seen it 😂
So many people have been in and out having to go round my sock!

*this isn't very interesting but I'm bored s**tless so*

Please just humour me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
@FirsttimeTTC

Hey! Sorry for the delayed response, first moment I've had with both hands and typing with one is mind numbing 😩 :ROFLMAO:

Hope you are doing OK. Firstly, it's absolutely no surprise you are feeling the way you are - it's a shock to the system for anyone coming home with a newborn but add to that preterm and after a nasty illness? What a roller coaster man. Overwhelming is definitely the word. It's also no wonder you aren't feeling like the old you - simply put because you aren't the old you and that is something that takes a good while to navigate and get used to! You will find your flow I promise and I can't give a time frame because I suppose it's different for us all. You are doing SO well, noone prepares you for any of this. To still be practising your coping strategies from years ago is honestly amazing, you should be so proud of yourself. If you feel yourself slipping don't be afraid to reach out to your HV or GP for help though. There's no need to suffer/struggle anymore than you have to.

Honestly how I got through was autopilot (I think we all do!). I wish I had something better to offer but the best way I can explain it is you just figure it out as you go along and if all you achieve in a day is keeping yourself and your little one fed and watered - you've bleeping bossed it! Take things slow and do only what you feel ready for, baby steps (lol pardon the pun). It will all come with time. Right now you are just getting to know your baby and the new you and that's all anyone can ask! ❤

• Heart
@FirsttimeTTC

Hey! Sorry for the delayed response, first moment I've had with both hands and typing with one is mind numbing 😩 :ROFLMAO:

Hope you are doing OK. Firstly, it's absolutely no surprise you are feeling the way you are - it's a shock to the system for anyone coming home with a newborn but add to that preterm and after a nasty illness? What a roller coaster man. Overwhelming is definitely the word. It's also no wonder you aren't feeling like the old you - simply put because you aren't the old you and that is something that takes a good while to navigate and get used to! You will find your flow I promise and I can't give a time frame because I suppose it's different for us all. You are doing SO well, noone prepares you for any of this. To still be practising your coping strategies from years ago is honestly amazing, you should be so proud of yourself. If you feel yourself slipping don't be afraid to reach out to your HV or GP for help though. There's no need to suffer/struggle anymore than you have to.

Honestly how I got through was autopilot (I think we all do!). I wish I had something better to offer but the best way I can explain it is you just figure it out as you go along and if all you achieve in a day is keeping yourself and your little one fed and watered - you've bleeping bossed it! Take things slow and do only what you feel ready for, baby steps (lol pardon the pun). It will all come with time. Right now you are just getting to know your baby and the new you and that's all anyone can ask! ❤
Thank you x 100000.
Last night I cried with happiness and everything felt calm and today the anxiety is back, so I know the process isn't linear. Each day at a time ❤ Xxx

• Heart
@WhatABore Thinking of you ❤

Kitten is still unwell and puked a little tonight. But as per usual no fever and most of the time she's pretty happy. A bit more tired, clingy and whiny maybe, but other than that she seems fine. Although she does eat a little less.
MrCat seems to have it too, because he threw up quite violently too 😩
I just hope I don't catch it too :/
Also, how's Kitten 1 yo next Saturday?! 🥺 I don't think I'm ready for this! So (aka: too) much changed this past year...

@Trombolese how's your mom? Hope your MIL isn't too annoying.
she’s doing ok, thank you for asking! She’s in quite a lot of pain as they had to reopen the wound from her first surgery, so she’s quite swollen but she’s up and about which is good. Hopefully that’s it now and they got what they could out, will be chemo next.

how are you doing? Hope you manage to avoid the sickness bug! Can’t believe kitten is nearly a year old 🥺 I remember when we were all on the pregnancy thread.

Also, sending love to the mums with little ones in hospital ❤

• Heart
I know it’s been said before… but boy was I not prepared for weaning poos to suddenly look and smell like ‘real’ poo as opposed to the mustard coloured sweet smelling baby poop which has been very easy for me to pretend is not poo 🤢🤢🤢🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.