New baby and post birth advice #32 Seven gallons of boob

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought they were witches hats to celebrate Hocus Pocus 2 but Oktoberfest makes much more sense!
This is amazing 😂😂😂😂😂

So I was a little bit excited when I realised Baby Runner had a tiny bit of cradle cap as I’d get to try the magic cradle cap wizard brush of ten threads ago fame. Oh my gosh I didn’t expect it to be that good! It’s so disgusting but so addictive and honestly I’m shook 😂
I need to get one for the toddler. His has come back 😭

Speaking of the funny hats. I was looking at yours @jackolantern has your icon always had a face mask on? I’ve only just noticed it 😂😅
I’ve never noticed the mask either 😂

Reactions: 2
So I was a little bit excited when I realised Baby Runner had a tiny bit of cradle cap as I’d get to try the magic cradle cap wizard brush of ten threads ago fame. Oh my gosh I didn’t expect it to be that good! It’s so disgusting but so addictive and honestly I’m shook 😂
Ooh what’s the magic cradle cap brush, or is it literally called ‘magic cradle cap wizard brush’ and can I get it from Amazon? I’ve just been slathering moisturiser onto baby authors head but it doesn’t seem to do much.

It’s the Frida Mom one, so gross and satisfying getting all the little crusties out of their hair

Frida Baby DermaFrida The FlakeFixer The 3-Step Cradle Cap System, White https://amzn.eu/d/2vYHKcr

Reactions: 1
Hello, back on home soil at last.
We’ve only got today and then tomorrow baby o starts nursery🥺 she’s doing half days for a week and then when I go back to work the week after she’ll be doing all day.
I spent quite a lot of time this week daydreaming about my half days of freedom and all the ways I’d treat myself and the idea of NOT being consumed by nap times, meal times etc. - mainly while I was stood by the pool/beach/back of the restaurant with burning arms rocking a wriggly baby to sleep.
Anyway, now we’re home I naturally feel guilty for looking forward to ‘palming her off’ on someone else. Sigh. Why is parenting this way.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Hope you had a good time orbit! Where did ya go?

Sending her in for half days is you doing your best by her, letting her have a chance to get used to her new situation - of having loads of fun with a bunch of other kids.
And you doing things for yourself (or just nothing!) before going back to work are good for her too, as she’ll have a more chilled out and prepared mum ready for the new normal.

(100% gonna feel the same when it’s our turn though)

Just having one of those moments where I couldn’t love baby G more if I tried. I went out last night (thought I was big and clever being at an after party at 3am, funnily enough not feeling so big and clever now 🤢) so Mr G slept next to baby. When she cried this morning he popped her in bed between us - I’m still slightly manic about bed sharing and because I’d had so much to drink I shifted myself right away from her. Half asleep she got up and crawled across the bed, put her hands out to find me then put her head on my shoulder and went back to sleep 🥹 So I just laid awake on my phone so she could stay cuddled up without me worrying. I’ve had almost no sleep but it was literally the cutest thing ❤

Hello, back on home soil at last.
We’ve only got today and then tomorrow baby o starts nursery🥺 she’s doing half days for a week and then when I go back to work the week after she’ll be doing all day.
I spent quite a lot of time this week daydreaming about my half days of freedom and all the ways I’d treat myself and the idea of NOT being consumed by nap times, meal times etc. - mainly while I was stood by the pool/beach/back of the restaurant with burning arms rocking a wriggly baby to sleep.
Anyway, now we’re home I naturally feel guilty for looking forward to ‘palming her off’ on someone else. Sigh. Why is parenting this way.
Good luck tomorrow baby O. I’m going back to work the same week as you and I feel the same. I’m looking forward to having more of a routine and having more free time without having baby all day, but also feeling a bit bereft that I’m not going to be with her 24/7 at the same time! It’s a weird one.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
4am conversation with KW. To set the scene, it took 2 hours to get baby C to go to sleep, then he was awake again at 1 and judging by previous nights there would be more to come.

Me: Can you please let the dog out?
KW: Out where? (Wtf? 🙄🧐)
Me: The garden, he's crying at the back door
KW: Oh for god's sake.

No movement. Dog still crying.

Me: KW, please? I've been up already and you promised to help more.
KW: *rolls over and goes back to sleep*

Surprise surprise, baby was awake at 5 and 6 and I've had lots of time to stew and prepare my speech. Which I'll probably chicken out of but I'm sick of being a lower priority than his sleep!!

Could I please also ask a question of those with more experience! Baby C has had what I thought was a cold since his 2nd immunisations, but he's been unwell for 10 days now. Just a very snotty nose primarily, no temperature after the first couple of days, very clingy etc. But he's now refusing to breastfeed throughout the day (he'll feed fine at night) which makes me wonder if something else is going on. He cries as soon as he realises what position he's in, and pushes his head right back. I've tried the koala position too but he's not keen. Occasionally I can get him to feed for a couple of minutes if I feed him standing up. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Or is it just the dreaded nearly 4 months old stage. 🙈 We're definitely in the sleep regression but I'm refusing to call it that because it doesn't deserve a name.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I feel like I’m becoming a part of the ‘no friend’ crew. How is it, I can hold down a full time job and 4 kids, and if you message me, I will message back within half hour, yet 2 of my closest friends, take over 24 hours to text me back, with excuses of not coming over or going out with me, even though I asked them weeks ago
We have another friend who has just split up with her husband. She is messaging more, wanting to do stuff. Everyone else always has an excuse of being busy/no money/ would rather spend their money elsewhere (yes! This was an actual reply!) I’m sure we’ve all been somewhere where we’ve split up with someone and need our mates. I feel so sorry for her that it’s constantly excuses after excuses and makes me realise that we aren’t all actually friends, but wives/girlfriends of the men 😔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Hi ladies, this is a bit of a weird one but has anyone ever had to deal with a friend who is trying to meet up to see me and the baby but have her boyfriend with her allllllllll the time?

Some backstory, we have known each other since primary school, just before covid hit she met this guy. I met him once with my husband as she wanted to introduce him to us. I didn’t really like him. Fast forward three years and they now live together (because of covid and doing ivf I didn’t see her until I had baby Ems) I didn’t extend the invitation to her boyfriend as to be quite frank I didn’t want a guy that I didn’t know all that well and tbh don’t particularly like in my home and around my newborn.

Her partner and my husband do have some interests in common and now instead of just wanting to meet up with each other as we have always done, she just constantly wants to meet up as couples but also with baby Ems there too. I’ve never needed to hold my partners hand in doing stuff so I can’t understand this behaviour.

I have tried so many times to try and point out that I’d just love to have a girly catch up but it falls on deaf ears. Its always oh when can WE (even refers to him as uncle! Have I mentioned that I’ve only met this guy once!) come down to see the baby? The thought of this guy in my home or around my baby actually makes me feel really stressed.

I honestly don’t know what to do about this as I don’t want to loose her as a friend but my god my alarm bells are ringing with this guy!

Sorry for the rant, a lot of you wonderful ladies are coping with some really big issues and I know this honestly pales in comparison. I think I just need to let this out in a safe space because I feel it’ll go down like a lead balloon in real life ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hi ladies, this is a bit of a weird one but has anyone ever had to deal with a friend who is trying to meet up to see me and the baby but have her boyfriend with her allllllllll the time?

Some backstory, we have known each other since primary school, just before covid hit she met this guy. I met him once with my husband as she wanted to introduce him to us. I didn’t really like him. Fast forward three years and they now live together (because of covid and doing ivf I didn’t see her until I had baby Ems) I didn’t extend the invitation to her boyfriend as to be quite frank I didn’t want a guy that I didn’t know all that well and tbh don’t particularly like in my home and around my newborn.

Her partner and my husband do have some interests in common and now instead of just wanting to meet up with each other as we have always done, she just constantly wants to meet up as couples but also with baby Ems there too. I’ve never needed to hold my partners hand in doing stuff so I can’t understand this behaviour.

I have tried so many times to try and point out that I’d just love to have a girly catch up but it falls on deaf ears. Its always oh when can WE (even refers to him as uncle! Have I mentioned that I’ve only met this guy once!) come down to see the baby? The thought of this guy in my home or around my baby actually makes me feel really stressed.

I honestly don’t know what to do about this as I don’t want to loose her as a friend but my god my alarm bells are ringing with this guy!

Sorry for the rant, a lot of you wonderful ladies are coping with some really big issues and I know this honestly pales in comparison. I think I just need to let this out in a safe space because I feel it’ll go down like a lead balloon in real life ☹
I think I would just be honest if that's how you feel.
Just let her know that you've only met him once so you don't feel comfortable at the moment with people you don't know in your house

I think I would just be honest if that's how you feel.
Just let her know that you've only met him once so you don't feel comfortable at the moment with people you don't know in your house
I’ve tried this a few times but it honestly falls on deaf ears. If she wanted to come to mines this very minute I’d welcome her with open arms but she always has this guy with her.

It kind of feels like she is trying to force me to just hang out as couples now.

I’ve tried to broach the subject of her calling him my daughters uncle as well but again deaf ears. Am I being unreasonable to be annoyed at this?

• Heart
I’ve tried this a few times but it honestly falls on deaf ears. If she wanted to come to mines this very minute I’d welcome her with open arms but she always has this guy with her.

It kind of feels like she is trying to force me to just hang out as couples now.

I’ve tried to broach the subject of her calling him my daughters uncle as well but again deaf ears. Am I being unreasonable to be annoyed at this?
I don’t think you’re being unreasonable at all. When baby G was tiny I felt so protective, even with people I knew well - I wouldn’t have wanted a mates boyfriend that I didn’t know coming over and wanting to hold her etc.

Why do you think she’s trying to force it so much, do you think it’s him actually wanting to come or her just wanting him to? Just thinking my partner wouldn’t be overly bothered about coming to see my friends baby if he didn’t know her.

If anything, I'd be annoyed that she's ignoring what you're saying.
Whether she agrees with what you're saying or not, or whether anyone thinks you're being unreasonable or not, the fact she's ignored you stating that, is enough, for me personally to not bother trying anymore.
Someone might be a long term friend but if they're ignoring how you feel/what you think, then they're not a good friend

Reactions: 3
5yo was invited to a birthday party today but her behaviour this morning was so bad I told her she wasn't going. Birthday parties are allways crap for her anyway and her behaviour sucks because she finds them overwhelming and she said they actually make her feel ill which is nerves and anxiety i think. I already bought the present for the kid so made hubby go and drop it of at the party, now I'm stuck with a tantruming 5yo who only stops tanruming to tell me she wants something to eat 🙃

What the duck have I gone wrong wrong with this kid? Really feel like we are failing her.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

People really do make it awkward don’t they. Sorry she’s being like this. If you’ve made it clear as day and she’s still not getting it then there’s not much else you can do. People that can’t do anything without their partner are very odd.
I’d be inclined to say forget it altogether. I certainly dont think you should have someone found your house that you haven’t invited. Stick to your guns!

I don’t think you’re being unreasonable at all. When baby G was tiny I felt so protective, even with people I knew well - I wouldn’t have wanted a mates boyfriend that I didn’t know coming over and wanting to hold her etc.

Why do you think she’s trying to force it so much, do you think it’s him actually wanting to come or her just wanting him to? Just thinking my partner wouldn’t be overly bothered about coming to see my friends baby if he didn’t know her.
I honestly don’t know why she is trying to force this. She had been single for a years so I don’t know if she is just excited to be with someone, but it’s been almost three years now. I had hoped she would have calmed down.

it’s amazing how protective we can feel about our babies isn’t it?

If anything, I'd be annoyed that she's ignoring what you're saying.
Whether she agrees with what you're saying or not, or whether anyone thinks you're being unreasonable or not, the fact she's ignored you stating that, is enough, for me personally to not bother trying anymore.
Someone might be a long term friend but if they're ignoring how you feel/what you think, then they're not a good friend
your right. I am quite pissed off about the not respecting my wishes. We always treated each other as sisters so much so that my dad refers to her as his adopted daughter. It’s really actually quite sad how much things have changed. We are at very different points in our lives now.

People really do make it awkward don’t they. Sorry she’s being like this. If you’ve made it clear as day and she’s still not getting it then there’s not much else you can do. People that can’t do anything without their partner are very odd.
I’d be inclined to say forget it altogether. I certainly dont think you should have someone found your house that you haven’t invited. Stick to your guns!
It is bloody odd that she can’t be without him.

I’m definitely sticking to my guns about not having him around my daughter, especially in my home.

There is just something about him that sets me on edge.

Last edited:
5yo was invited to a birthday party today but her behaviour this morning was so bad I told her she wasn't going. Birthday parties are allways crap for her anyway and her behaviour sucks because she finds them overwhelming and she said they actually make her feel ill which is nerves and anxiety i think. I already bought the present for the kid so made hubby go and drop it of at the party, now I'm stuck with a tantruming 5yo who only stops tanruming to tell me she wants something to eat 🙃

What the duck have I gone wrong wrong with this kid? Really feel like we are failing her.
You have not done anything wrong. And you are definitely not failing her (although this is definitely how I feel constantly with my eldest 🫠) you are so good with sticking to your guns. I always threaten the kids with not doing something when they’re being horrid, but I always end up doing it 🙄

You have not done anything wrong. And you are definitely not failing her (although this is definitely how I feel constantly with my eldest 🫠) you are so good with sticking to your guns. I always threaten the kids with not doing something when they’re being horrid, but I always end up doing it 🙄
Honestly I couldn't face another party with her acting up constantly and the judgy looks of all the other parents 🙄 parties seem to be a trigger for meltdowns for her, too much going on too much noise and she usually is quite unhappy and anxious during it but is allways so desperate to go 🤷🏼‍♀️ she forgot all about the party within minutes anyway and has been the same all day long so fat lot of good it did 😐

Honestly I couldn't face another party with her acting up constantly and the judgy looks of all the other parents 🙄 parties seem to be a trigger for meltdowns for her, too much going on too much noise and she usually is quite unhappy and anxious during it but is allways so desperate to go 🤷🏼‍♀️ she forgot all about the party within minutes anyway and has been the same all day long so fat lot of good it did 😐
Would she let you leave her at the party? Could stay around if things were to get worse?
I actually hate birthday parties. They take up the whole weekend or are a stupid time of the day and you can’t plan anything. Once we get to year 1, we knock big ones on the head and do little ones with people the kids actually play with. So much easier when they get older

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.