New baby and post birth advice #32 Seven gallons of boob

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally don't with bottles either after 6 months.
I just think you don't with everything else, they have boiling water put in to them anyway with the formula. So I have always stopped at 6 months.
I'm sure it was up to 6 months with my first and then changed to 1 year anyway
I find it so weird, the whole at this age you just switch… there’s no ladder to it. I’m still sterilising and she’s one in 3 weeks… I can’t stop, I need help… 😂😂😂🫣🫣🫣

I’m fully weaned off the breast pump, i feel a bit weird and lost.. why am I missing it? 😂

Reactions: 2
I just think you don't with everything else, they have boiling water put in to them anyway with the formula. So I have always stopped at 6 months.
I was the same with my eldest, but don’t you have to sterilise the bottles because of the bacteria from the formula? Which is why you don’t need to sterilise anything else?

Honestly I haven't sterilised anything since about 3 months this kid lives in a soggy old fridge (not literally Snoop ffs) and eats dog hair so I figure anything boiling water doesn't get isn't likely going to be a bother to him :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was the same with my eldest, but don’t you have to sterilise the bottles because of the bacteria from the formula? Which is why you don’t need to sterilise anything else?
I thought that's what the boiling water was for when you make the formula up? 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️

Toddler formula milk is made the same way but you just put it in a cup or whatever, not bottle but still use boiling water with the formula to get rid of the bacteria.
So I presume it's the same

I thought that's what the boiling water was for when you make the formula up? 🤔🤷🏻‍♀️

Toddler formula milk is made the same way but you just put it in a cup or whatever, not bottle but still use boiling water with the formula to get rid of the bacteria.
I think (and feel free to ignore me because I know very little about formula!) but I think a friend told me it's because there's more nooks and crannies in bottles where bacteria can breed which wouldn't necessarily be touched by the boiling water you're using to make up the formula whereas a cup etc is easier to clean plus toddlers are obviously more robust than little ones. I might be totally wrong though!

Reactions: 4

tit. Yer. Ignore me 😂😂😂 Might stop sterilising then. Be music to Mr Bs ears!!

Someone needs to remove my vinted account from me before it’s too late… I’ve bought about 6 parcels today 😂😂😂

On the plus side Baby Rita has a cute autumn/winter wardrobe

• Haha
Reactions: 7
This child is having my life - we always do a contact nap for the last nap of the day and he keeps snuggling into my armpit and lying still so I think he’s finally asleep before springing backwards with the biggest grin on his face as if he’s playing peeka boo 🙈 it’s too cute not to laugh at but seriously pal, go to sleep!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Please help me, I can’t for the life of me figure out why we all have little Robin Hood hats. I’ve even googled it 😂😂

• Haha
Please help me, I can’t for the life of me figure out why we all have little Robin Hood hats. I’ve even googled it 😂😂
I thought they were witches hats to celebrate Hocus Pocus 2 but Oktoberfest makes much more sense!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So I was a little bit excited when I realised Baby Runner had a tiny bit of cradle cap as I’d get to try the magic cradle cap wizard brush of ten threads ago fame. Oh my gosh I didn’t expect it to be that good! It’s so disgusting but so addictive and honestly I’m shook 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Spent the morning doing grim adult things like Health and Life Insurance, had to have chicken dippers, smilies and hoops for tea to reassure myself I'm still 1% yoof-full and don't need to book the perm and hip replacement quite yet 😅 😩 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I got a call about my application, they want to interview me! Just really don't know how I should tell them I no longer work for their client as I got fired :(

Dad's not doing too well. The medication is making him paranoid. My mom can't leave his side or he panics... 😩

@Trombolese how is your mom? And how are you?
great news about your application! Could you call or email the person you’ve been in contact with and explain the situation before the interview? Or just say you no longer work there, they might not ask any more questions. Hopefully it won’t affect anything!

sorry to hear that your poor dad isn’t doing well ❤
I saw my mum yesterday for the first time since her operation, she seemed a bit better thank you for asking, still in a lot of pain and swollen from the surgery. She has to go back to the hospital next week, they are going to decide what the next plan for treatment is then, if she has to have radiotherapy or chemo, or both, so she’s a bit nervous about that.

Not sure if it’s been posted on here yet, but the national trust are giving away one free visit for 2 adults and up to 4 children, just has to be used before the end of November. We went to a local one today with baby and 5 year old, was great for a free day out (minus paying for parking). Link for anyone who wants to claim it: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/escape-into-autumn

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Spent the morning doing grim adult things like Health and Life Insurance, had to have chicken dippers, smilies and hoops for tea to reassure myself I'm still 1% yoof-full and don't need to book the perm and hip replacement quite yet 😅 😩 :ROFLMAO:
My fave type of tea, an after school tea 😊

Or also referred to as freezer tapas in my house 🙃 i might be 31 with 2 kids but I still can eat turkey dinosaurs beans and chips with the kids 👍🏻

Speaking of the funny hats. I was looking at yours @jackolantern has your icon always had a face mask on? I’ve only just noticed it 😂😅

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That’s helpful thank you! I’m still sterilising everything with cold water Milton tablets but then I forget about them and have to pour it away and start again the next day so it’s been a pain.
I might be arsed to pump a bit more now, he’s getting closer to nursery and still has zero freezer stash and nothings motivated me 😂

So I was a little bit excited when I realised Baby Runner had a tiny bit of cradle cap as I’d get to try the magic cradle cap wizard brush of ten threads ago fame. Oh my gosh I didn’t expect it to be that good! It’s so disgusting but so addictive and honestly I’m shook 😂
It’s so disgusting but addictive you’re right. A couple of nights ago I was doing the same with my son but I took a bit of hair with it so now he’s sporting a middle aged man’s hair do much like his father actually (balding on top, lush locks on the side and back) lush locks is a bit generous too 😂

What the heck. Baby had basically no tea round at my parents, fell asleep in the wrap on the way home and has transitioned out of it still asleep. (Admittedly onto the sofa, with the feeding pillow round him to make him think he’s held and Mr SI sat by him giving him reassuring pats. But it’s 8.42pm and I’m not attached to a baby 🤯

Had to pump as he’s not fed since 4pm. Yield is once again pathetic, I deffo have something hormonal going on.

Oh and today I finally cleared maternity things out of my wardrobe! Even the mega knickers, who I’ve been wearing this whole time and will deffo miss.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.