New baby and post birth advice #32 Seven gallons of boob

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Would she let you leave her at the party? Could stay around if things were to get worse?
I actually hate birthday parties. They take up the whole weekend or are a stupid time of the day and you can’t plan anything. Once we get to year 1, we knock big ones on the head and do little ones with people the kids actually play with. So much easier when they get older
We had a birthday party on Saturday too which was at 4 til 6 at softplay I mean who does that??? She was so tired when she got home she went straight to bed 😂 two parties in one weekend is my idea of a weekend from hell 😩I think I'm going to stop saying she can go and just hide the invitations because we get so many its been about 3 a month since the start of reception I thought it would chill out a bit in year one but apparently not!

I'm being a mean mum and not doing her a party this year, we did one last year and it was a nightmare.

Reactions: 4
Day two of weaning, can't believe my little baby is big enough for this! Also even though I remembered it was messy I didn't remember it was quite so messy!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We had a birthday party on Saturday too which was at 4 til 6 at softplay I mean who does that??? She was so tired when she got home she went straight to bed 😂 two parties in one weekend is my idea of a weekend from hell 😩I think I'm going to stop saying she can go and just hide the invitations because we get so many its been about 3 a month since the start of reception I thought it would chill out a bit in year one but apparently not!

I'm being a mean mum and not doing her a party this year, we did one last year and it was a nightmare.
4-6 on a Saturday is my idea of hell!! We still had quite a few parties in year 1, but that’s because most of reception was covid times 😔
I honestly don’t think it’s mean not doing a party. It’s so expensive and awkward, especially with parents you don’t know. I was trying to usher them out at 6yo party this year, but most stayed. Mr B is good at talking to people so I just moulded into the background 😂

@Littleelf we don’t have many party invites (my eldest is long past the stage of whole class parties, and my second thankfully his class started during Covid so it’s never taken off!) but when we do get them if I quite often just say no 🙈 sounds awful, but my son is wholly unbothered about the parties (he only has eyes for his very best friend 🥰) and my life is too short to be at them every weekend. Just say no from now on, if they aren’t fun for her then it does no good. I usually just say we have something else planned.

@TheDuchess could you approach it from the angle of “oh can it just be us two because it’s one chance for me to get out by myself and not have MrDuchess and baby with me.” And if she asks about leaving baby just say you don’t have any babysitter available so MrD has to stay at home, so would it be possible for just you two to go.
It’s a weird situation for sure. It definitely sets alarm bells off for me as I wonder why she is so dependent on him, has he made her that way, is he insisting he comes along? Or is it her choice, and what that says about how she is feeling.

Reactions: 3
Found out today I’ve been unknowingly giving the baby egg this week by giving him little pieces of scotch pancakes at breakfast 😂 what I thought they were made of I don’t know but the KW looked at me like I was the KW 🤦🏼‍♀️

plus side he’s not had a reaction at least

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Found out today I’ve been unknowingly giving the baby egg this week by giving him little pieces of scotch pancakes at breakfast 😂 what I thought they were made of I don’t know but the KW looked at me like I was the KW 🤦🏼‍♀️

plus side he’s not had a reaction at least
Reminds Me of the time we went to a hotel for my 30th, and had a great hotel breakfast. Couldn’t figure out why then 8mo old was so out of sorts etc that day. Next day we sat down to the breakfast again… I was ordering a fried egg and not even thinking about it 🙈

These things happen!

@Littleelf we don’t have many party invites (my eldest is long past the stage of whole class parties, and my second thankfully his class started during Covid so it’s never taken off!) but when we do get them if I quite often just say no 🙈 sounds awful, but my son is wholly unbothered about the parties (he only has eyes for his very best friend 🥰) and my life is too short to be at them every weekend. Just say no from now on, if they aren’t fun for her then it does no good. I usually just say we have something else planned.

@TheDuchess could you approach it from the angle of “oh can it just be us two because it’s one chance for me to get out by myself and not have MrDuchess and baby with me.” And if she asks about leaving baby just say you don’t have any babysitter available so MrD has to stay at home, so would it be possible for just you two to go.
It’s a weird situation for sure. It definitely sets alarm bells off for me as I wonder why she is so dependent on him, has he made her that way, is he insisting he comes along? Or is it her choice, and what that says about how she is feeling.
Your right it is bloody weird! I tried that last time I met up with her but she kept saying ohhhh next time he can come down too (to my house!) ☹ I’ve never seen a woman be so latched onto their partner before. I’ve got no idea if it’s down to her or him.

I’m going to trust my gut instinct on this, it’s not normal. It’s one thing pissing me off but to keep trying to insert this guy into my daughters life is quite another thing.

I don’t want to cut her off completely incase it is a bad situation potentially. Bloody minefield 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Reminds Me of the time we went to a hotel for my 30th, and had a great hotel breakfast. Couldn’t figure out why then 8mo old was so out of sorts etc that day. Next day we sat down to the breakfast again… I was ordering a fried egg and not even thinking about it 🙈

These things happen!
I even gave it with a tiny bit of peanut butter like it was toast the other day 😂
I’d be no good as a chef with allergens to think about!

Your right it is bloody weird! I tried that last time I met up with her but she kept saying ohhhh next time he can come down too (to my house!) ☹ I’ve never seen a woman be so latched onto their partner before. I’ve got no idea if it’s down to her or him.

I’m going to trust my gut instinct on this, it’s not normal. It’s one thing pissing me off but to keep trying to insert this guy into my daughters life is quite another thing.

I don’t want to cut her off completely incase it is a bad situation potentially. Bloody minefield 🤯
I know what you mean - you want to be there for her is she will need it, but really you have to put your own family first, even over friends. And your gut Is worth soooo much I think. I’ll never forget meeting a colleague’s fiancée for the first time and instantly thinking he was a slimy guy, I just didn’t take to him. Only met him for about 5 mins as well. And she was just the loveliest girl, so I was so shocked when I met him. Found out a few years later (we no longer worked together then) he’d been cheating on her for years, including when they got engaged, and When they got married - he even invited the other woman to the wedding!
Great story actually, as my colleague found out about it in a rogue email. He had booked a weekend away for him and his other woman, and used the wrong email address. So she knew where and when they were away. She then went to the hotel, got a key by showing the conformation email, and LET HERSELF IN to the room while they were there to tell him she wanted a divorce 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻 Best thing ever.
But anyway, so my gut was 100% on him, and I think yours probably is right about this guy too.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
How is it possible for a baby to hate sleep this much??? And how is it possible for a phase to last for this long???
I'm usually pretty upbeat about the dreadful sleep but I've also been ill for nearly 4 weeks now and it's wearing me down.

• Heart

My daughter was invited to a party a few miles away that was at 6pm till 8pm! I politely texted to say she can’t make it.
Who the duck does that. They aren’t teenagers she’s 5 not fricking 15

• Wow
I know what you mean - you want to be there for her is she will need it, but really you have to put your own family first, even over friends. And your gut Is worth soooo much I think. I’ll never forget meeting a colleague’s fiancée for the first time and instantly thinking he was a slimy guy, I just didn’t take to him. Only met him for about 5 mins as well. And she was just the loveliest girl, so I was so shocked when I met him. Found out a few years later (we no longer worked together then) he’d been cheating on her for years, including when they got engaged, and When they got married - he even invited the other woman to the wedding!
Great story actually, as my colleague found out about it in a rogue email. He had booked a weekend away for him and his other woman, and used the wrong email address. So she knew where and when they were away. She then went to the hotel, got a key by showing the conformation email, and LET HERSELF IN to the room while they were there to tell him she wanted a divorce 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻 Best thing ever.
But anyway, so my gut was 100% on him, and I think yours probably is right about this guy too.
Sounds like a movie script! Amazing that she had the balls to do that! 💪

I'm feeling very conflicted about what to do about the job interview I have on Tue. I'm okay with no longer working for my ex-employer, but getting fired was pretty horrible. My dad's not doing well either, so I'm worried about him. I feel like I'm not in the right headspace to do a job interview. I also applied back in May and it took them till October (!) to actually schedule an interview, so in a way I feel like it would be ok if I'd ask to postpone, especially given the circumstances. But I also don't want to duck this up.
Thinking about it all makes me so nauseous.
MrCat is being his rational self and doesn't really understand how I'm feeling, which is hard...

Back to babies. I think Kitten is teething again. Her sleep has become worse, she's very whiny and her poos are vile. She also still pukes at night, although less and on Thu and Sat she didn't. So I'm also still worried about her.
Oh and earlier tonight she gave me a heart attack. She started crying for her late night bottle. So I went up, but quickly went to the loo first. She stopped crying in the meantime. I went to her room and said her name twice, but no response. So I rushed over to her crib, put my hand on her back (she's a tummy sleeper) and wiggled her a bit and it took her probably just a split second to wake up and cry, but it felt like ages and I started crying because I thought something was wrong 😭

• Heart
Had anyone used the Aldi Mamia first formula? And how did your baby find it?
I am currently using cow & gate as that's what we used in the hospital after birth, but want to switch to the Aldi one to save a bit of money!
Was thinking of Introducing it to her gradually, alternating with the cow & gate to see how she is.

My daughter was invited to a party a few miles away that was at 6pm till 8pm! I politely texted to say she can’t make it.
Who the duck does that. They aren’t teenagers she’s 5 not fricking 15
I've just seen a post on the parents page for the year 1 class. A parent saying they've booked somewhere for 6.30-9.45 on Sunday!

I am currently using cow & gate as that's what we used in the hospital after birth, but want to switch to the Aldi one to save a bit of money!
Was thinking of Introducing it to her gradually, alternating with the cow & gate to see how she is.
We used it with my second.
It's exactly the same as aptimil 😊
They have to abide by such standards that they're all so similar

• Wow
Not my monitor freezing this morning on t2 kneeling in her cot like she’s possessed. Not creepy at all 🙀.
Does anyone else’s babies sit up in their cots when their half asleep? I find it so weird they sit up then lean toward to go back to sleep 🤷‍♀️

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Not my monitor freezing this morning on t2 kneeling in her cot like she’s possessed. Not creepy at all 🙀.
Does anyone else’s babies sit up in their cots when their half asleep? I find it so weird they sit up then lean toward to go back to sleep 🤷‍♀️
😳

Everleigh does it. She plonks herself down so hard sometimes because she's half asleep 😂

Reactions: 2
Baby o slowly shuffles her arse up into the air and stays there for a few moments 🙈

Reactions: 1
I have used it since newborn and had no trouble with it, it is cheaper then the named brands to 😌

Does anyone have any tips on how to move an exclusively breastfed baby onto a bottle? As much as I don’t want to, I think I need to start thinking of weaning baby T off of the boob towards the end of the year 😭💔. I’m going back to work full time in January, he will be 10 and a half months when he starts nursery and I won’t be able to pump. I also want to wean him off before then because at the moment he’s really attached to me which I absolutely love, but I’m worried about him settling into nursery. He’s never taken a bottle when we have tried before, but that was back when he was really little. What bottles do people recommend, and does anyone have any tips on how they did it?

• Heart
Does anyone have any tips on how to move an exclusively breastfed baby onto a bottle? As much as I don’t want to, I think I need to start thinking of weaning baby T off of the boob towards the end of the year 😭💔. I’m going back to work full time in January, he will be 10 and a half months when he starts nursery and I won’t be able to pump. I also want to wean him off before then because at the moment he’s really attached to me which I absolutely love, but I’m worried about him settling into nursery. He’s never taken a bottle when we have tried before, but that was back when he was really little. What bottles do people recommend, and does anyone have any tips on how they did it?
Now straight off I actually have no experience at all here, but have you tried a cup for his milk instead of a bottle?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.