• Im still pregnant and I’m reading ahead

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Im a lurking knobwaffle

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • No idea, I just saw boobs in the title and came to be nosey

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This time the thread title came from @Definitelyme . I think we’re all feeling the sleep deprivation lately (clearly me too as I’m making a new thread at 2am…)

14 of you professed to be secretly Kim K in the last threads poll…

A guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
This thread is designed to provide support. If you can’t be supportive and find something nice to say, perhaps mumsnet is a better place for you
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy so it doesn’t get missed

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You know the sleep deprivation is real when you were up 4 times in the night but that's a good night! I even got a nearly 3 hour stretch of sleep which is practically unheard of around here for the last couple of months.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
7 gallons of boob indeed. Nightly. I am but a withered shell of a woman, just my boobs as below

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Carrying on from a previous chat.
I'm another that is officially diagnosed with Adhd. It was a year long waiting list and I'm pretty sure it's 2-3 years now because of how 'popular' it's become on social media, tiktok ect.
When I was going through all the testing, they said at the time that only 14% of the people on the waiting list actually get diagnosed and a majority of people think they have it when they're actually just lazy and bad at organisation.
(just to clarify, I'm not saying anyone is lazy 😂)

I'm pretty sure my 4yo has it too and I've already spoke to the school about it before she started.

A few things that were my main 'symptoms' I guess. I can't watch films. If I do watch films, it has to be with someone else and I can't watch the whole thing without having to be doing something else, like on my phone.

I start doing something, get distracted and will start another task mid way through. For example, getting the washing out the machine yesterday, I got half of it out, then decided I was going to go and clean the bathroom. Then half way through that decided to strip the beds 🤣

I get bored during sex 😂 very easy 😂

I can't concentrate and things unless they're a super interest. In which case, I will do it for hours non stop. There's no inbetween.
Someone mentioned not being able to read a book. I can read books. But only if I'm super fixated on it. So if I'm not fixated in the first few pages, I can't read it. And if I am, I will read the whole book in a day to 2.

I lose things constantly. Everything. Even things I had in my hand 2 seconds ago.
My partner hates it. But annoyingly does the whole "Well where did you last have it" 😑 if I knew that I'd find it wouldn't I? 😂

Girls don't always tend to have the hyperactive part of it. Which is why it doesn't tend to get picked up as kids in females so much. That tends to present in boys more.
However, my 4yo appears to have that side that had already been noticeable to the teachers within 2 weeks of her being there 😂

Reactions: 6
When I was going through all the testing, they said at the time that only 14% of the people on the waiting list actually get diagnosed and a majority of people think they have it when they're actually just lazy and bad at organisation.
Wow. What a dig. Felt like I’d been stabbed through the heart… 😂😂😂

I always thought ADHD was just someone who was hyperactive and angry. It’s so complex, isn’t it? Teens dad had it when we first got together when we were 15. He was awful and so spontaneous with things he used to do, which is why I’m pretty sure teens got it. Hard to know how to get the ball rolling when she’s a completely different person at school 😔

Reactions: 5
Wow. What a dig. Felt like I’d been stabbed through the heart… 😂😂😂

I always thought ADHD was just someone who was hyperactive and angry. It’s so complex, isn’t it? Teens dad had it when we first got together when we were 15. He was awful and so spontaneous with things he used to do, which is why I’m pretty sure teens got it. Hard to know how to get the ball rolling when she’s a completely different person at school 😔
This is one of the issues too, if it doesn't affect their learning at all, the school won't help.
And it's hard to get a diagnosis because the doctors will ask the schools opinion and then basically choose that after your own.

It may not affect their learning, but what about all the other day to day life tasks they steugfle with?

Just a comment back to @wakametango 2.0 as well about baby waka and adhd.
My 9yo and 4yo have never watched TV. All 3 of them are always on the go, never stop. People have always commented about it 🙄
Never had chilled cuddles from any of them either.
But as far as we're aware, only the 4yo possibly has it.
The 9yo has no signs what so ever.
So I'd say those things are quite normal.
Especially constantly on the go 😊
Usually they say their attention span is 3-4 minutes per year of their age. But there's no way any of my kids have ever had that long of an attention span 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I get bored during sex 😂 very easy 😂
🙈🙈🙈🙈

I have spent some time over the last year wondering about my eldest and if she may have adhd. Never mentioned by anyone as she is super bright and a high achiever but some things which have stood out to me

- unbelievably messy, she cannot seem to control her mess
- partly because she does one thing then distracted by another and whatever was being done is just dumped
- awful, awful handwriting, a messy scrawl
- can find it hard to focus on things, gets distracted easily
- refuses to ever “be tired”. The other kids will always ask and say they are tired/ready for bed. She seems to see sleep as a punishment
- has said in the past she struggles to control her emotions

But can you go to the Dr and say “my kid is very messy, is there something more to that?”
I would also be loathed to start that and get no diagnosis and she is left with the feeling that I think there is “something wrong” with her

But can you go to the Dr and say “my kid is very messy, is there something more to that?”
I told the doctor she’s very lazy, and he was like ‘erm…’ listen, you don’t live with her. I see it all day, every day. Her bedroom is a tit tip. I will send her up to tidy without her phone/iPad/tv, but she will always find something else to do than tidy. It’s so frustrating. At 13, she should know better, but she is so unbothered by everything!

Reactions: 6
Still pressing that 10-12month button for another week! Not quite 13 months yet😏

Re the ADHD diagnosis, i was assessed just before I sat my GCSES as my maths teacher noticed I just couldn't focus for more than 5 minutes and I was really really bad at math😂
I dont have ADHD, but did turn out I had quite bad dyscalculia, which massively helped me pass my GCSES, I was predicted to fail.
Push your GP ladies!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Still pressing that 10-12month button for another week! Not quite 13 months yet😏

Re the ADHD diagnosis, i was assessed just before I sat my GCSES as my maths teacher noticed I just couldn't focus for more than 5 minutes and I was really really bad at math😂
I dont have ADHD, but did turn out I had quite bad dyscalculia, which massively helped me pass my GCSES, I was predicted to fail.
Push your GP ladies!
Shes definitely got anxiety. She won’t even go into a shop by herself (apart from in the mornings when she’s at school to buy sweets 🫠) and panics every morning about the bus. If it’s not on the timetable on her phone, she gets really upset. I just used the bloody timetable at the bus stop 😂
She’s so bright and loves to read, but there’s definitely something not quite right with her. The fact she thinks she’s whispering things under her breath, when she might as well be holding a megaphone, is telling in itself…

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Shes definitely got anxiety. She won’t even go into a shop by herself (apart from in the mornings when she’s at school to buy sweets 🫠) and panics every morning about the bus. If it’s not on the timetable on her phone, she gets really upset. I just used the bloody timetable at the bus stop 😂
She’s so bright and loves to read, but there’s definitely something not quite right with her. The fact she thinks she’s whispering things under her breath, when she might as well be holding a megaphone, is telling in itself…
I was exactly the same, I was massively bullied years 7-9 and it made me so anxious and even now at 30 I won't go into a new shop & speak to an assistant! I think it's so hard for girls in general because we go through all these really big hormonal changes amongst everything else, and society just expects us all to get on with it!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a child who thinks they're quietly answering back but they're actually screaming it😂 The boy has no concept of how loud he actually is!

• Heart
I was exactly the same, I was massively bullied years 7-9 and it made me so anxious and even now at 30 I won't go into a new shop & speak to an assistant! I think it's so hard for girls in general because we go through all these really big hormonal changes amongst everything else, and society just expects us all to get on with it!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a child who thinks they're quietly answering back but they're actually screaming it😂 The boy has no concept of how loud he actually is!
I spoke to her yesterday, and asked if she’s being bullied as she spent the whole 8 weeks summer holidays home and didn’t see her friends once. She laughed and said no, which I believe her. She’s just socially awkward (right wording?!) I was out every weekend/holidays at her age, getting drunk and smoking 😬 I’m glad she’s not, but ffs! Have a bit of a life 😂
Everyone always asked when pregnant if I’d like another girl. Yes to give Mr B one (he only produces boys) but no to what I have gone through the last 13 years 😂
Sorry for making the thread about teens 😂 I’ll turn it back to babies

Baby B has his first cold. He’s teething. He doesn’t know what he wants and is completely refusing bottles. He’s going through a little phase where he lays into us and goes ‘aaaah’ 😭 he also had to have a bath at 8am as he had poo all down one leg, to his foot and all the way up to his neck. Ended up with poo on his cheek. Aldi have changed their nappies, again, and I feel like it’s keeping nothing in. You can see the wee right at the top of the nappy when I change him 🙄

• Heart
I spoke to her yesterday, and asked if she’s being bullied as she spent the whole 8 weeks summer holidays home and didn’t see her friends once. She laughed and said no, which I believe her. She’s just socially awkward (right wording?!) I was out every weekend/holidays at her age, getting drunk and smoking 😬 I’m glad she’s not, but ffs! Have a bit of a life 😂
Everyone always asked when pregnant if I’d like another girl. Yes to give Mr B one (he only produces boys) but no to what I have gone through the last 13 years 😂

Baby B has his first cold. He’s teething. He doesn’t know what he wants and is completely refusing bottles. He’s going through a little phase where he lays into us and goes ‘aaaah’ 😭 he also had to have a bath at 8am as he had poo all down one leg, to his foot and all the way up to his neck. Ended up with poo on his cheek. Aldi have changed their nappies, again, and I feel like it’s keeping nothing in. You can see the wee right at the top of the nappy when I change him 🙄
Keep the teen stories coming😂 I'm so used to boys I fear what these two will be like. Twin 1 is very much my sisters double I fear she will be like us 😂

Oh poor little mite! The twins are exactly the same at the moment! My house is a literal tit storm!

• Haha
Reactions: 2

I'm dreading the 4yo when she's a teen 😂
I feel like boys are so simple compared 😂
He just spends all his time in his room and rarely answers back.
The 4yo is already worse than him.
She's well behaved. But has a massive attitude already 😂
Her and my partner are going to clash badly I think!

Reactions: 3
Keep the teen stories coming😂 I'm so used to boys I fear what these two will be like. Twin 1 is very much my sisters double I fear she will be like us 😂

Oh poor little mite! The twins are exactly the same at the moment! My house is a literal tit storm!
I pray for anyone with girls 😂

It’s so hard when they’re ill, and they want to be up/down/anywhere but you/you 😭 got him under a blanket with his dummy and muzzy, having cuddles ❤ probably won’t last long until he’s trying to get down

My niece is like my partner and she is an absolute drama queen and not even ten yet orange keeps doing this wow face tries to open my eyes with her hands when I don’t wake up and keeps shouting dog or dance in her own jibberish to me when I’m not paying enough attention to her I think girls are just crackers! She did however behave really well at church yesterday she was babbling and waving at the old ladies then fell asleep for the whole service x

Reactions: 1
I'm dreading the 4yo when she's a teen 😂
I feel like boys are so simple compared 😂
He just spends all his time in his room and rarely answers back.
The 4yo is already worse than him.
She's well behaved. But has a massive attitude already 😂
Her and my partner are going to clash badly I think!
Praying for you. Mr B and teen don’t get on that well. They used to have the best bond 😭

Came to post this but maybe we need a second one throwing a teenager too 😂
And a 6 year old 👀 My 3 year old is the best behaved and funniest out of all of them

Reactions: 1
Living for this teen girl drama, will put me off trying for another baby (mum of two boys here) haha

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.