New baby and post birth advice #30 He managed to poo in his sunhat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Chickenandgravy @I’mThankyou_ sorry you were also sucked dry last night. Usually he sucks away all night, but last night he was full on drinking huge amounts every half hour. How we didn’t wake up in a puddle is beyond me. Or me mummified having had all the liquid sucked clean out of me. Unreal. He’s been such an hole for the last week, he’s clearly going through something, and I’ve had enough of whatever it is 🤣
do we have the same babies 💀 mine did not detach from me ALL NIGHT, my poor nipples

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Sadly, no. It’s really only an option for visitors here. Maybe my mom will come to visit if I can’t get on alone.
Wow I really hope she can. That is so so tough!! Keep yourself as busy as possible and nap when the baby naps to waste some time. How old is your LO? Xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My poor 3yo cried the whole two hours at preschool today. I am a monster who sends her somewhere she hates 😭
I have no words of wisdom but wanted to send you a virtual hug and remind you that you're far from a monster. ♥

• Heart
My poor 3yo cried the whole two hours at preschool today. I am a monster who sends her somewhere she hates 😭
Putting my Mama Me pants on for this one.
You are so far from a monster, I refuse to even allow you to ever say that again.
All she has ever known is you, being 3 is a really big deal and there's soooo many changes it's a massive adjustment period. She will get there, and soon she will go in and absolutely love life, she just needs to get used to her new surroundings. I feel for kids her age, covid has taken so much from them and made these sorts of transitions so much harder.
But a monster? You? Absolutely not. You are one of the most dedicated Mamas I've come across.

And you know fine well, if this was any one of us saying this you'd be saying something similar (though it would be far better worded than my waffle ever is)
Sending you big hugs Mama Me❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
You are so far from a monster, I refuse to even allow you to ever say that again.
All she has ever known is you, being 3 is a really big deal and there's soooo many changes it's a massive adjustment period. She will get there, and soon she will go in and absolutely love life, she just needs to get used to her new surroundings. I feel for kids her age, covid has taken so much from them and made these sorts of transitions so much harder.
But a monster? You? Absolutely not. You are one of the most dedicated Mamas I've come across.

And you know fine well, if this was any one of us saying this you'd be saying something similar (though it would be far better worded than my waffle ever is)
⬆ Wot she said. 👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have no words of wisdom but wanted to send you a virtual hug and remind you that you're far from a monster. ♥

Thanks ladies ❤ I am scarred for life because 6Me cried daily for FIVE MONTHS when he started, and so now I’m convinced the same will happen again.
Covid definitely plays a part - 3Me is used to being at home with me and her siblings. She’s never been at home with just me, always a bit of a crowd, so not having someone there is soooo new to her.

@LittleBluebird i have no experience being alone for so long, but I imagine survival is key here. Don’t expect too much from yourself - housework etc is no longer important. Make plans to get out and see people to have adult chat, even if it’s just five minutes with someone here and there. And remember we are here when you need to vent x

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I didn’t know that about bamboo plates! I was looking at getting some too so you’ve saved me money!
I usually get bamboo eating sets for babies as presents and knew they couldn’t go in the dishwasher, but not that they had to be oiled! They seem to be distinctly untrendy now, it’s all silicone and melamine ( not dishwasher safe either, I believe). I will probably end up getting a silicone set for my niece, who is due in November.

Reactions: 2
I didn’t know that about bamboo plates! I was looking at getting some too so you’ve saved me money!
I’ve used bamboo plates and bowls from the start and havnt oiled them 👀. I end up washing the highchair tray after every meal so wash plates at same time. I’ve got bamboo bamboo ones you’ll usually find some foodie “my kid eats chia seed pancakes” blogger will have a discount code

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I have to say, I've never used plates until they're 1+ish and know not to tip it up 😂 I slap it on their high chair tray and then after that, I just use plain IKEA plates 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I have to say, I've never used plates until they're 1+ish and know not to tip it up 😂 I slap it on their high chair tray and then after that, I just use plain IKEA plates 😂
I got rid of our ikea ones as anytime I snaffled the kids leftovers they tasted like plastic 🤮 especially saucy foods like curry/spag Bol.

We have had melamine ones and did not know they couldn’t go in the dishwasher 👀

We keep dropping our kids plates and cups and breaking them. We are down to about 4 plates and 4 cups now. Everyone now just gets regular crockery - except TMe who is a complete hoodlam and still is only allowed a plate in very specific circumstances 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think I have bamboo ones, the ones in the animal shape, but it has a suction on the bottom which is an absolute bastard to get off, especially with sticky tomatoey hands trying to “help”

I got rid of our ikea ones as anytime I snaffled the kids leftovers they tasted like plastic 🤮 especially saucy foods like curry/spag Bol.

We have had melamine ones and did not know they couldn’t go in the dishwasher 👀

We keep dropping our kids plates and cups and breaking them. We are down to about 4 plates and 4 cups now. Everyone now just gets regular crockery - except TMe who is a complete hoodlam and still is only allowed a plate in very specific circumstances 🤣
Once we figured out it was actually when they'd been sitting in washing up liquid water, in the sink or whatever, we've not had the issue with the taste since!

I feel really sad that it’s the end of the summer holidays. I won’t lie, holiday club has been a saviour and we have got into such a good routine with drop offs, the big boys are going to miss the friends they’ve made there and the staff are so so lovely. They went 2-3 times a week, it was meant to be just once a week but they enjoyed it so much they asked to go more!
I’m going to miss doing spontaneous things, we haven’t planned any days out over summer, everything has been last minute and it’s been so much fun being able to say ‘let’s go to the beach now’ or ‘let’s go berry picking’ etc.

I’m full of emotions today as BabyShark has her first full nursery session today, I cried so much when I dropped her off. Biggest Shark has his birthday next week which I’m not emotionally ready for either. I feel like time is going so quickly and I want it to slow down, I don’t want to go back to school runs and rushing around, not being able to have full days out with huge weekend crowds. Ugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I usually get bamboo eating sets for babies as presents and knew they couldn’t go in the dishwasher, but not that they had to be oiled! They seem to be distinctly untrendy now, it’s all silicone and melamine ( not dishwasher safe either, I believe). I will probably end up getting a silicone set for my niece, who is due in November.
I bought an elephant shaped silicone one from TJ Hughes it’s cute hopefully it won’t taste weird 😂

I’ve used bamboo plates and bowls from the start and havnt oiled them 👀. I end up washing the highchair tray after every meal so wash plates at same time. I’ve got bamboo bamboo ones you’ll usually find some foodie “my kid eats chia seed pancakes” blogger will have a discount code
Hahahah that is very true about the discount! I bought some from IKEA cause I thought they had the suction base I’m going to see what he gets on best with. I just love the different shaped bamboo plates I don’t want the hassle of oiling them.

Those that weaned before 6 months were you strict about sterilising plates/spoons?

Once we figured out it was actually when they'd been sitting in washing up liquid water, in the sink or whatever, we've not had the issue with the taste since!
I think we had this conversation before, because that definitely sounds familiar!! We use ours for paint now though 🙈

Thinking my Sister is in running for being Snoop 😂

Complaining to her today about how I need a break and haven't had a minute away from the kids in months and even then, it was half an hour to do the food shop and her response was
"but you chose to have them? You get a break when they sleep anyway."
Yeah. Because night time is a break when she constantly wakes up anyway and I'm sleeping myself between that ready to get up at 4/5am?
😑😑

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Baby o slept for a grand total of 20 minutes this afternoon, so if you can all keep me in your thoughts and prayers from 5pm onwards, that’d be grand. 😬

Also, it turns out I’ve been taking my meds wrong the entire time I’ve been on them so that might be why I’m still mental and thought about jumping into traffic this afternoon 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Thinking my Sister is in running for being Snoop 😂

Complaining to her today about how I need a break and haven't had a minute away from the kids in months and even then, it was half an hour to do the food shop and her response was
"but you chose to have them? You get a break when they sleep anyway."
Yeah. Because night time is a break when she constantly wakes up anyway and I'm sleeping myself between that ready to get up at 4/5am?
😑😑
Oh save that up for next time she complains about something eg her job “but you chose that job …?” Etc.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.