• I’m still pregnant

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • I’m a lurking knobwaffle

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I’m a snooping troll

Votes: 5 4.6%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title comes from our wonderful @Definitelyme - despite her normally being full of nothing but wisdom, her first thread title is a tit-in-a-sunhat story.

I know there were lots of suggestions about snooping being in the title but I thought it was best to not feed the trolls 🧌

A guide to the thread for new members:
Dress code? Pyjamas
This thread is designed to provide support. If you can’t be supportive and find something nice to say, perhaps mumsnet is a better place for you
Nothing is off topic or taboo - unless you’re bragging about milestones and you think you’re three week old can recite their times tables
Knobwaffle of the week nominations always welcome
We love a good doughnut 🍩
Thread titles tend to come from something random someone says during the chat. Please point out anything spectacularly title worthy so it doesn’t get missed

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I realise I didn't add my favourite bit - someone (mentioning no names) was throwing chunks of lamb curry at me

To be honest, here they are few and far between because every milestone twin 1 hits is a very bittersweet moment.

But my all time favourite is watching all 3 of my babies (that i so desperately wanted) laugh and play together.

most of all, i love that boy thankyou will always sit with twin 2 in between his legs and ensure she never, ever misses out on the fun he & twin one might be having🥺

Still not hit that 12+ button🥳🥳

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I know this isn’t the toddler thread, BUT, I love it when toddler bean sneezes and blesses himself 😭 he’s a quirky little thing!

Also, baby is EIGHT months in 2 days. How is this?! Although he is getting out of the annoying stage and getting a proper little personality 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thread title comes from our wonderful @Definitelyme - despite her normally being full of nothing but wisdom, her first thread title is a tit-in-a-sunhat story.
I am so proud 😂😂

A week after the sun hat incident, i took his nappy off and within five minutes he had peed on the dog bed, then shat on the floor and stood in it. Never had a child poo on the floor before and he has done it 8 times. (a sensible person would stop leaving his nappy off, obviously!)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Favourite moment: happy faces when he wakes up and sees me in the morning 😊😊😊

Not great moments: struggling to nap. Lots of crying/rocking unless I go out for a walk with him in the pram (who can be arsed for that 3 times a day) definitley agree with whoever said it was like wrestling a baby crocodile 🐊 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know this isn’t the toddler thread, BUT, I love it when toddler bean sneezes and blesses himself 😭 he’s a quirky little thing!
My 3yo has recently stopped calling sneezes "blesses", much to my sadness. It was so sweet to hear things like "oh I just did a bless!"

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I was walking into Asda today with the kids and this lovely elderly man behind me was like you've got your hands full etc and was asking how old they were, names etc. I was saying to him how hectic it all is and he said to me "enjoy it, before you know they'll be all grown up with their own lives and you won't hear from them for weeks on end" and honestly it BROKE ME :cry:

Quite happy for them all to stay at home forever now

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
most of all, i love that boy thankyou will always sit with twin 2 in between his legs and ensure she never, ever misses out on the fun he & twin one might be having🥺
Boy ThankYou never fails to make my heart melt. Such a testament to you as a mum! 🥺❤

@Borntorun thank you for always being the new thread queen and keeping these threads so continuous ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I was walking into Asda today with the kids and this lovely elderly man behind me was like you've got your hands full etc and was asking how old they were, names etc. I was saying to him how hectic it all is and he said to me "enjoy it, before you know they'll be all grown up with their own lives and you won't hear from them for weeks on end" and honestly it BROKE ME :cry:

Oh that is so sad. I love old people. I never go a day without taking to my parents and I visit grandparents every week. I’d be so sad to find out my nan was having a similar conversation🥺🥺🥺🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I am so proud 😂😂

A week after the sun hat incident, i took his nappy off and within five minutes he had peed on the dog bed, then shat on the floor and stood in it. Never had a child poo on the floor before and he has done it 8 times. (a sensible person would stop leaving his nappy off, obviously!)
Toddler Me is my favourite human atm

Favourite moment: happy faces when he wakes up and sees me in the morning 😊😊😊

Not great moments: struggling to nap. Lots of crying/rocking unless I go out for a walk with him in the pram (who can be arsed for that 3 times a day) definitley agree with whoever said it was like wrestling a baby crocodile 🐊 😂
I went out 3 times a day with the buggy with my eldest for naps (through a Cumbrian winter no less)... This time? No chance mate haha.

Reactions: 1
Toddler Me is my favourite human atm
Gimme your address and you can enjoy him in person!

How did you not just bundle him home with you 😭😭😭 bless him!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Favourite bit: feeding baby tree to sleep at night, hearing his breath get deeper and feeling his little body relax, also anytime toddler tree makes him giggle. He has the most infectious laugh.

Least favourite: the constant anxiety of how long he will sleep for after bedtime, will it be half an hour so just enough time to eat dinner or like tonight, will I be on two glorious hours and counting?!

Also unrelated, and I don’t know why I did it to myself, I just looked at my wonder weeks app. Apparently at the grand old age of 8 months baby tree should be able to ask to play hide and seek, repeat words after me, and use a bottle to feed other people. I mean WTF?! It’s just made me feel like he’s really behind but surely other 8 month olds aren’t doing all those things?!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I am so proud 😂😂

This was toddler b!!! He always pooed on the floor, but he also LOVES being naked. He hates wearing clothes. As soon as we get home, he takes everything off. I also, did not learn my lesson. But, he was very easy to potty train!

• Haha
Reactions: 1

I can’t cope with this 😭 when I was in the vets last week, an old man asked what toddlers name was, so I told him and he went ‘oh’ and not in a good way 🥲

Also unrelated, and I don’t know why I did it to myself, I just looked at my wonder weeks app. Apparently at the grand old age of 8 months baby tree should be able to ask to play hide and seek, repeat words after me, and use a bottle to feed other people. I mean WTF?! It’s just made me feel like he’s really behind but surely other 8 month olds aren’t doing all those things?!
Sorry, but I’d be deleting that app. How ridiculous. Baby b can repeat dada and I definitely swear he said mama (no one believe me) but asking to play hide and seek 😂 how ridiculous. Although I am going to try with baby tomorrow, and will be bitterly disappointed if he doesn’t 😂

• Haha
Favourite bit: feeding baby tree to sleep at night, hearing his breath get deeper and feeling his little body relax, also anytime toddler tree makes him giggle. He has the most infectious laugh.

Least favourite: the constant anxiety of how long he will sleep for after bedtime, will it be half an hour so just enough time to eat dinner or like tonight, will I be on two glorious hours and counting?!

My toddler is potty trained, talking etc but still cannot play hide and seek!! He is 2. He goes "one two.... oh where you gone?" and will stand there shouting at you until you come out of hiding :ROFLMAO: so for this to be a milestone for an 8 month old blows my mind!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My favourite bit: everytime he sneezes he laughs at his sneeze, us saying bless you and mimicking a sneeze, the way he looks at us so proud and smiles everytime he rolls over and when he’s feeding and stops every now and then to look up at me 🥺

My least favourite bit: the talking to himself and squealing in the middle of the night when he wakes up, the runny poops and the dog still being scared of him 😂

• Heart

Wonder weeks is an absolute pile of pap sometimes (although I do sometimes like it when it reassures me that Baby Cupcake hasn’t been possessed by some kind of evil baby spirit and is just in a fussy phase). According to mine this week Baby Cupcake should be standing up by himself - he’s 6 months this weekend. Give the poor lad a chance 😳 try not to take too much notice - 8 months seems very early to be playing hide and seek.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.